• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 9.9 in new OXM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halo 2: 9.9
PoP:WW: 9.4
KUF: 9.0

Demos:
DoA:U
PoP:WW
The Incredibles
Conflict: Vietnam
ESPN NFL 2K5
The Dukes of Hazards
PhantomDust (hidden)

I got this info with a friend who got his new OXM. He showed it to me on his webcam!

From Gamefaqs

joshschw

Actually I think someone from OXM actually confirmed that there would be a demo 'of a recently released Japanese game' or something along those lines. So if that does end up being true I would actually buy this filth.

Considering that OXM has said that now knowing how much they would be playing the multiplayer of the orginal Halo they would have given it like a 9.8 or 9.7... so this isn't horribly suprising. But, hey.. it must not be perfect.. DAMN YOU BUNGIE!!!

No, Phantom Dust being hidden on the disc is totally legit. I know one of the editors has commented on that before.

And yeah, just give the fuckin game a 10 already.

*edit* didn't see that it was from Gamefaqs.

Mrbob

LinesInTheSand said:
Halo 2 isn't even the best game on XBox this year, by all accounts. Pretty sad most places will overrate it regardless.

You better check your financial records as it looks like your advisor is giving you false advice.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Who gives a 9.9? That just looks really weird...I don't think I've ever seen a 9.9 before.

Prine

Banned
Next up, 9.8 from Gamespot!

EXPECTED!

LinesInTheSand said:
Halo 2 isn't even the best game on XBox this year, by all accounts. Pretty sad most places will overrate it regardless.

Yeah, lets form final impressions based on dodgy haxx0r version. Even better when its in french! With no online! Yes, the new way of reviewing games!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

For one thing, the original post is a complete lie. For another - WHAT ACCOUNTS? German war3z haxorz? Jesus. that's the critical bar to hurdle...

SyNapSe

Grizzlyjin said:
Who gives a 9.9? That just looks really weird...I don't think I've ever seen a 9.9 before.

I agree, it's like they really wanted to give it a 10.. but then thought, eh if we don't score it sub-10 no one will take our review for real! -.1 for teh street cred!

Whoever puts out these first Halo 2 scores is going to get railed by one side or the other so I guess it doesn't really matter.

DSN2K

anyone going to take OXM review seriously ? like they would give it a bad mark :lol

(not saying its bad BTW)

PhatSaqs

Banned
DSN2K said:
anyone going to take OXM review seriously ? like they would give it a bad mark :lol
:lol. Same shit was said when the fake Fable score was posted. Nobody said shit when the real score came out and it read 8.9 though did they?

"yeah, but it's OXM, does a 9.9 really mean that much in a mag of that caliber?"

They don't hand out 10's like the Official PlayStation Magazine or PSM does, so I'm not sure.

Prine said:

EXPECTED!

Yeah, lets form final impressions based on dodgy haxx0r version. Even better when its in french! With no online! Yes, the new way of reviewing games!
How is it dodgy when it's the final version?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Stinkles said:
For one thing, the original post is a complete lie. For another - WHAT ACCOUNTS? German war3z haxorz? Jesus. that's the critical bar to hurdle...

^ - you should listen to this man.

Celicar

Banned
Framerate issues? Oh no, man. It's gonna be a real pain online then I think. I hope not. I don't have xbox live though. I can play on xbconnect though.

TheDuce22

Banned
"KUF: 9.0"

I really question that. Not that it's a bad game, but it's no 9 either

I disagree. KUF does so many different things well, there are no other games like it. I hope people arent judging it off the crap demo.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
LinesInTheSand said:

by all accounts huh? not from what i've heard ;)

Coen

Prine said:

EXPECTED!

I'm seriously expecting GameSpot to score it 8.7 - 9.3 range. It's supposed to be a great game, but flawed. From what I've been hearing anything above that would be undeserving.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Coen said:
I'm seriously expecting GameSpot to score it 8.7 - 9.3 range. It's supposed to be a great game, but flawed. From what I've been hearing anything above that would be undeserving.

how about this one? Don't listen to people playing the game that's not in their NATIVE LANGUAGE.

Thanks.

(it makes a huge difference.)

unkasa

Banned
LinesInTheSand said:

How much can you glean from a review found in a fanzine? I'd hold off until the game is reviewed by independent critics. If PSM gave GT4 a 10.0, my response would just as skeptical. BTW, I felt Halo was grossly overrated, and you see how much praise it's still lavished with -- so, should this game be similarly received, I can't say I'll be shocked.

Suranga3

I can honestly see the game getting in the range from 9.7 to 9.9 from both IGN and Gamespot. My prediction from the two are:
IGN - 9.9
Gamespot - 9.8

I'd lean toward that KUF review score if the multiplayer wasn't neutered before release...and the online play wasn't so consistently laggy. I mean, you're given an option to change the amount of players on a map and the maps all have max. player designations for them, yet you cannot change the amount of players nor choose from anything other than 2-player maps... Why MS? Why the hell did you do it? Arrrgh. Otherwise, KUF is friggin' great, once you get the hang of it.

And I'm really, really, hopeful that Phantom Dust is on the next disc. I want to play it!! Someone pick it up now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom