• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 Collectors Edition $37.99 Pre-order

SyNapSe

DENIED! <cries tears of sorrow> People on FW are ordering which is surprising, but this company does not rate very well with BBB or Retailratings. :(

Caveat Emptor!

Mrbob

Don't do it. I wouldn't buy from eCost unless I absolutely knew for sure the product was in stock.

Mashing

not to mention eCost sounds like some kind of spyware... obviously it's not, it's just that that's the first thing that pops in my head when I hear that name

element

SyNapSe said:
DENIED! <cries tears of sorrow> People on FW are ordering which is surprising, but this company does not rate very well with BBB or Retailratings. :(

Caveat Emptor!
I've never had a problem with eCost

MattCoz

WTF? I ordered one because it said only 6 left, figured I'd secure one then if I decided against it later I could always cancel. Well then they added 500 to their stock.

SKluck

Banned
What the hell? eCost is pretty common site in terms of 'hot deals', but I don't like preordering so far in advance.

Shit that is tempting.

How can they have ANY 'in stock' when it doesn't ship for over 3 months?

Can't believe they have a Processing fee, who does that shit?

Iceman

Now are we sure that this package includes the game itself???

From the link:
"Halo 2 Limited Edition (Xbox) Scheduled to be released in November, 2004
Limited 2 Disk Set Contains Behind the Scenes, making of, Making the Game, 6 Video Featurettes, Visualizing the Story (Concept Art, Early Level Design,Script to Game info, Storyboards), Bonus Material "

I just don't want to be ebay'd on this one.

MattCoz

By "in stock" I'm sure they mean the number they're getting.

Btw, how "limited" is this limited edition? I'm wondering what I could get for selling this on eBay.

SKluck

Banned
They aren't numbered or anything. It'll probably be available for purchase in stores after release. I doubt it will be like the Zelda gold cart, pre-order only.

MattCoz

Damn, I had evil intentions of buying up large quantities through this deal and raking in the cash. Oh well, heh.

edit: speaking of which, they should do a gold tin case for the next Zelda.

SyNapSe

MattCoz said:
By "in stock" I'm sure they mean the number they're getting.

Btw, how "limited" is this limited edition? I'm wondering what I could get for selling this on eBay.

link to collectors

I don't think it's really "limited", it just comes in a different package and has bonus material for $55 instead of $50.

243597.jpg

SyNapSe

element said:
I've never had a problem with eCost

As i said earlier, I have no direct dealings with eCost. They do have an "unsatisfactory" standing with the Better Business Burea, and a 2.7/10 at Retailerratings. Most of the user complaints there did seem to stem from them not honoring rebates at all.

garrickk

I've made one order with eCost and it went very well. I bought a 10 pack of MiniDV tapes for $18.90 and a 25 pack of DVD-R disks. Shipping was free if I went over a certain amount - I really just wanted the tapes but will get to the discs.

The 10 tapes for the price was/is an awesome deal. I used them all the past few weeks in Portugal for the Euro2004 tournament.

On the basis of this purchase, I recommend them...so far.

Rhage

It's $39.99 now. It must be working.

Do they have any clause saying that the price on preorders could change?

Slo

Screw this noise. I just went and pre-ordered at my local EB. I'm going to be playing that thing while you suckers are waiting 2 weeks for a restock.

MattCoz

Slo said:
Screw this noise. I just went and pre-ordered at my local EB. I'm going to be playing that thing while you suckers are waiting 2 weeks for a restock.
Oh I'm doing that too, just in case, and I'll easily be able to get more than what I paid for it on eBay if I need to sell it. My total came out to be $37.94.

MattCoz

Ha, they added another 500, I have a hard time believing they will fill all these orders. It's up to $42.99 now.

Top Bottom