• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 gets a 10/10 in the Australian OXM!

PhatSaqs

Banned
Snippets taken from their forum:
Bungie Delivers The Best Game Ever

From the first epic level, Halo 2 is a hearty soup of unstoppable action. As Spinal Tap would say, this game goes up to 11

2) Halo 2's levels are packed with more vehicular action than the first Halo, and you'll get to try out a new covenant vehicle too.

3)The ambitious level design makes replaying levels a lot more fun than the first Halo, and you'll want to replay Halo 2 many times.

4) The nicely edited cut-scenes, rousing score, and excellent voice acting, make Halo 2 the most cinematic game on the Xbox.

5) Addictive multiplayer action that's packed with more modes, more maps and more options than you can point a brute shot at

COCKLES

being watched
First two levels of Halo 2 are utter crap.

Thankfully the real Halo 2 kicks in from level 3 onwards. *

*as my friend who works for a UK Gaming Mag tells me. Allegedly.

GhaleonEB

COCKLES said:

Interesting, I've heard raves about the first two from others.

COCKLES

being watched
GhaleonEB said:
Interesting, I've heard raves about the first two from others.

Well depends how you break down levels I've heard. Levels 1 & 2 are on a
spacestation
with DC era graphics...it's only when you reach earth and subsequant levels that the new hyped fangles of the Halo2 graphic tech come into play. All allegedly of course.

SantaC

COCKLES said:
Well depends how you break down levels I've heard. Levels 1 & 2 are on a
spacestation
with DC era graphics...it's only when you reach earth and subsequant levels that the new hyped fangles of the Halo2 graphic tech come into play. All allegedly of course.

Dreamcast? Can't be true.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
This is the best game ever... didn't I hear that last week with GTA:SA? Which I'd be reluctant to even call "good"...

COCKLES

being watched
SantaCruZer said:
Dreamcast? Can't be true.

Bungie may well have toned down the graphics for those levels, so the later ones have more impact. Cut-scenes from trailers (all real time) look fantastic tho.

jonhuz

COCKLES said:

Ohhh THAT friend ;)

Ryck

COCKLES said:
Bungie may well have toned down the graphics for those levels, so the later ones have more impact. Cut-scenes from trailers (all real time) look fantastic tho.
Underwhelming maybe but dc era no........

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Are pirated impressions ok now? Cause theres suddenly a bucketload on the forum, just because two members have legitimate copies....what happened to the hard line?

Sullichin

I too am sick of this "best game ever" BS. I've heard it for GTA SA, didn't believe it, played the game myself, and I still don't think it's the best game ever. Hell, it's not even the best game of the year.

This game is just being engulfed in its own hype.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Sullichin said:
I too am sick of this "best game ever" BS. I've heard it for GTA SA, didn't believe it, played the game myself, and I still don't think it's the best game ever. Hell, it's not even the best game of the year.

This game is just being engulfed in its own hype.

YUO FANBOY!!111

Top Bottom