• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 goes gold? (IMG)

GhaleonEB

From Bungie's webcam (spotted at gamefaqs board):

Webcamaspx.jpg

It shipped to certification last week, and Frankie promised a 'special update' tomorrow. I think it will be simply golden. :D

Joe

i hope the limited edition disc is all silver (like the case) with a giant, blue halo2 logo right in the middle.

aku:jiki

I don't understand... Why would a game that's just "gone gold" be fully pressed with disc art? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to me. I think it just looks like a prototype of the disc, probably the finalized one.

GhaleonEB

aku:jiki said:
I don't understand... Why would a game that's just "gone gold" be fully pressed with disc art? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to me. I think it just looks like a prototype of the disc, probably the finalized one.

It shipped to certification last week. It takes a few days to run tests. If it passed, then it goes directly into production. It could have done that earlier this week, so they have final copies in the studio now. We'll know for sure tomorrow.

aku:jiki

GhaleonEB said:
It shipped to certification last week. It takes a few days to run tests. If it passed, then it goes directly into production. It could have done that earlier this week, so they have final copies in the studio now. We'll know for sure tomorrow.
Oh. I guess that makes sense, thanks for explaining. :)

GhaleonEB

I won't vouch for this, but someone who claims to have the new EGM wrote the following:

There is a mode for up to 4 players offline where you and fellow Marines and dropships square off against hordes of Covenant aliens being dropped off by their dropships...

(Using singleplayer A.I. no less!!! Wooooooo!!!)

It starts off easy, by first fighting against swarms of Grunts, then gradually goes up to Jackals then Elites... then it starts with combinations like Jackals and Elites...

We'll know for sure in the next day or so as it hits more people, but that sounds great to me. (Is this the 'grinder' mode people have been clamoring for?)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Is that like some kind of survival mode, trying to see how long you can stay alive?

Sounds pretty cool though. Those kind of modes (and co-op) need to be playable on Xbox Live

GhaleonEB said:
There is a mode for up to 4 players offline where you and fellow Marines and dropships square off against hordes of Covenant aliens being dropped off by their dropships...

It starts off easy, by first fighting against swarms of Grunts, then gradually goes up to Jackals then Elites... then it starts with combinations like Jackals and Elites...

Hell yeah!!

GhaleonEB said:
I won't vouch for this, but someone who claims to have the new EGM wrote the following:

We'll know for sure in the next day or so as it hits more people, but that sounds great to me. (Is this the 'grinder' mode people have been clamoring for?)
i definitely don't believe this news...

Sai

That sounds plausible. This ties into the multiplayer mode Frankie was talking about in the Updates a while back, what Bungie wanted to do instead of bots.

GhaleonEB

Apparantly the thread was at TeamXBox, and the mods deleted it since it became a "please give transcripts/scans!" thread rather than a discussion. I found a few places linking to it, with people discussing some details but then it got yanked.

Like I said, I'm sure we'll know more tomorrow. Oh, and the mode was apparantly called "Survival."

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
actually, i'm looking at the thread now at TXB, and the poster deleted it, not the mods.

so this means it could quite possibly be BS.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Sp3eD said:
That "Survival" mode sounds a lot like Invasion mode from UT2k3/4

it's also probably BS. Someone on 1up got the magazine and said it says pretty much all the same stuff that was in XBN.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Actually that disc says "Special Collectors Edition DVD" so it's the extra documentary and features that come with the Collector's Edition.

Top Bottom