• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 MP footage (Hi-Res this time!)

border

Sai said:
There was recoil, border. You didn't notice it?
Go to ~9:23-9:25 in the video. He pulls off two consecutive sniper shots within probably 3/4 of the second. I would hardly call that a significant recoil....it has about the same firing rate as the Halo 1sniper rifle.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
well the preview that the recoil was mentioned in was after e3, and also had all the new covenant weapons in so it was a more recent build, it seemed a bit off to me anyway as they said the covenant rifle doesnt have a recoil.

Ramirez

Damn that was friggin sweet...

I'm glad they kept the original Halo 1 sounds,especially the guy that says Killing Spree and all that jazz,rawk!

Sai

border said:
Go to ~9:23-9:25 in the video. He pulls off two consecutive sniper shots within probably 3/4 of the second. I would hardly call that a significant recoil....it has about the same firing rate as the Halo 1sniper rifle.
There was a slight recoil, but it seemed to fly right back to the original position. It's not as big a change as we were lead to believe, anyways.

Gerber

Banned
If all border can troll about is sniper rifle recoil then I would have to say that Bungie did one hell of a job. :D

SyNapSe

Gerber said:
If all border can troll about is sniper rifle recoil then I would have to say that Bungie did one hell of a job. :D

He's not trolling.. that I've seen. Anyway, I agree.. there isn't much of a change that I could tell.

At the same time, I was going to mention that the sniper rifle (at least on this map and for this CTF gameplay) didn't seem worth using. First it's a small map + some of the other weapons are so strong from mid-range now, and people respawn in 5 seconds.. the goal was to get the flag.

Gerber

Banned
SyNapSe said:
He's not trolling.. that I've seen. Anyway, I agree.. there isn't much of a change that I could tell.

You don't know border very well then. Check out his true side on OA if you get a chance. :D

SyNapSe said:
At the same time, I was going to mention that the sniper rifle (at least on this map and for this CTF gameplay) didn't seem worth using. First it's a small map + some of the other weapons are so strong from mid-range now, and people respawn in 5 seconds.. the goal was to get the flag.

He was using it defensively. One team goes to capture, one defends. Makes sense right? Pick off the invaders one by one. Watch the video again.

SyNapSe

Gerber said:
He was using it defensively. One team goes to capture, one defends. Makes sense right? Pick off the invaders one by one. Watch the video again.

I only remembered the Sniper Rifle being used once, and he was on offense at the time. The round began, and he went flying in on the ghost up to a structure.. jumped off ran up top and grabbed the Rifle and began *trying* to take people out, but it didn't work very well.

border

How is it even a troll? It's something that a beta tester said was changed that doesn't seem to be changed. The existence or lack of a recoil isn't even an inherently negative thing....

SyNapSe

border said:
How is it even a troll? It's something that a beta tester said was changed that doesn't seem to be changed. The existence or lack of a recoil isn't even an inherently negative thing....

I guess because so many people have been complaining about things removed possibly (such as the ATV) Hell, I don't know..

Gerber

Banned
border said:
Everybody patiently waits for August 24, and all they can muster up is some shit-quality video from a build that's 3 months old? =\

That didn't help either. :D Don't play innocent Border, this is one of your pals. :)

border

That comment doesn't have much of anything to do with the game, just the bait-n-switch stuff that's been going on with Bungie. Can anyone really say that they aren't at least slightly disappointed? We were all expecting something a little better better for today, but hey maybe it's still in the pipeline.

Gerber

Banned
border said:
That comment doesn't have much of anything to do with the game, just the bait-n-switch stuff that's been going on with Bungie. Can anyone really say that they aren't at least slightly disappointed? We were all expecting something a little better better for today, but hey maybe it's still in the pipeline.

:wub

andthebeatgoeson

Looks great. Hopefully, GA will require a Halo2 purchase and XBL activation with all new members. I get the feeling that playing against OpIvy will get old after the 3 asskicking he hands out. We need fresh meat for people like me. I can't play that much.

SA-X

So this is the Zanzibar level they were talking about? The laser sword didn't seem overly difficult to reach (thankfully). Looks great, this video has only increased my relentless thirst for this game. I love the level's layout.

Saturnman

Banned
border said:

This is NOT the final version of Halo 2; this is the E3 build of the map Zanzibar, created 4 months ago, and VASTLY altered since that point. If you see something that you don't like, chances are Bungie saw it also, and fixed it.

:)

Top Bottom