• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

halo 2 pics... frothing demand increases

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
new pics. nice bump mapping and... a halo?

20040908134649reel.jpg

20040908134921reel.jpg

20040908134952reel.jpg

20040908135015reel.jpg

20040908135039reel.jpg

20040908135101reel.jpg

20040908135127reel.jpg

haha "Thanks in advance for your hard work; you will be rewarded 10 times over in the afterlife"

God that is a sexy interface.

Edit: Territories and Headhunter both should be cool... its also awesome Juggernaut is an 'official' gametype along with Assault being expanded upon.

hehe "Sometimes you have to kill. Now is one of those times. Whack or be whacked"

Edit #2: The matchmaking playlists are a great idea... I just hope that Bungie makes decent playlists:)

ced

We must be surfing the same forum, nightly.net?

And thats cool, that is "Lock Down" which takes place in a old forerunner research facility, where the flood was studied.

I posted this in the other thread too...

There is a movie of various quality showing various aspects of the game such as the bomb in assault, the Brute shot, the pistol, the wraith, some of the beta levels, 4 different teams existing (Yellow, Blue, Pink, and Green) in a game, the jump pad-esq things (Thank god there aren't ladders), the interface (including the party system), the Covenant Beam Rifle... and its made me want to give Shotgun CTF a try in Halo.

http://www.halo.fr/index.php?p=sear...202 par HFr

ced

Are there any screens of the Brute Shot or Covey Carbine in use? Havnt seen them in hand yet, and really want to see the melee on the Brute Shot. From that video of course, Im not on broadband atm.

The quality is definitely better than the cellphone videos from before... but it does vary in quality... some of it is top of the line digicam footage, othertimes the image is washed out or there is a head blocking a third of the screen, but on a whole it is decent.

edit: I'll try to get some images from it.
edit2: Any images I would get are going to be rife with artifacts... still interested?

Sai

Mr. Lemming said:
I posted this in the other thread too...

There is a movie of various quality showing various aspects of the game such as the bomb in assault, the Brute shot, the pistol, the wraith, some of the beta levels, 4 different teams existing (Yellow, Blue, Pink, and Green) in a game, the jump pad-esq things (Thank god there aren't ladders), the interface (including the party system), the Covenant Beam Rifle... and its made me want to give Shotgun CTF a try in Halo.

http://www.halo.fr/index.php?p=sear...202 par HFr
Eh... Where exactly is the movie though? :(

Bah, site seems to be down.

ced

dorio said:
Bungie mentioned that you would be able to look around corners. Is that out?

Its like melee combos and Live co op, it really hasnt been announced/confirmed cut officially.

Its seems like it would be simple to assign to the left and right D pads.

Perhaps its in single player only, I have the feeling melee combos are single player only too, I mean what use do you have for those two features in the fast paced multiplayer?

*edit* Yeah Lemming if its not much trouble Id like to see the brute shot and covey carbine equiped if it shows them.

ced

Oh shit...Swords AND sheilds??? Could it be energy sheilds are equipable? Nah...
and Brutes? Brute Shot only perhaps? Odd.
my.php

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
maybe i will buy an xbox afterall...

edit: Spike: Where did you find this artwork?
spike.jpg

Like I said these are filled with compression artifacts. Wish I could do better. I don't think there were any images of the Carbine... though the Covenant scoped weapon I think is the Beam Rifle may in fact be the Carbine scope. Really not sure about that one and the player never fired a shot (I think) to help with the guess. The Bruteshot is sort of surprising in that the grenades are launched straight out, at a very quick rate rather then sort of lobbing like you would expect a grenade to do. Its almost like a laser beam that bounces once then explodes. The new pistol also seems to shoot faster than the old one did.

Anyway here are some random images. None of these actually reflects the best quality the movie has to offer, because the best quality in the movie was either Zanzibar footage or interface footage, nothing terribly exciting.

Showing the 4 teams:
4teams.jpg

What I think is the Beam Rifle:
beam.jpg

I'm glad they polished up Assault mode... can't get anyone to play it in Halo ("You start with the flag, thats stupid"):
bomb.jpg

All of the footage with the Brute (and the stuff on Waterworks) is pretty sucky in still images, sorry:( :
brute.jpg

The new plasma grenade explosion is sweet:
explosion1.jpg

I love jump pads! :
jumppad.jpg

Again sorry the quality is bad:(

Drexon

Banned
Got the vid now, I can send it to some1 who can host, like say Blim Blim? Got a pretty nifty conn now. :D PM me!

Sai

Hmm... I think I'm gonna stop watchin'/readin' these beta impressions. I feel like I'm spoilin' everything. :(

GhaleonEB

Litigation Manuel said:
20040908134921reel.jpg

Is that another halo? The top looks that way. I thought it was supposed to take place mostly on earth and covenant ships and such.

Hmm... I think I'm gonna stop watchin'/readin' these beta impressions. I feel like I'm spoilin' everything. :(

Geez guys - Bungie said back in 2002 that another Halo ring would come into play in Halo 2. Remember the talk of a mission on the moon, a space station, a Halo ring, and a Covenant homeworld? It's been know for years. Hope I didn't spoil anything.

Seriously, Bungie didn't even show spoiler-heavey stuff to the media for Halo. Nothing from Assault on the Control Room onward was even hinted at (other than the fact that you would meet a new enemy late in the game) in any form. All of the leaks are coming from early stuff shown to the press. There will be no true spoilers in this stuff.

GhaleonEB

Rorschach said:
I hope they keep the flood to a minimum.

I won't mind the Flood as long as they are different this time around. Bungie was not shy about saying that the Flood didn't turn out the way the wanted. There were mentionings of creatures which climb on walls and ceilings back in the EGM unveiling of Halo 2, and I suspect that the Flood are what was being described. I'm fine with that.

Heck, I liked the Flood in Halo, so who am I kidding?

Lakitu

st5fu
Looks like Che got to experience Halo 2 single player, quoted from his journal thingy (http://chespace.1up.com) -

Halo 2

* Went up to Redmond and hung out at Bungie all day yesterday. Played a shitload of multiplayer Halo 2, with new maps and new game modes.

More importantly, I got to play the super-secretive single-player mode.

IT R0XX0RZZw@3aAKSZLKdkfjkldsjas your soxx0rz.

That is all. Ask me no questions -- I tell you no lies.

:( :'(

scarybore

GhaleonEB said:
Geez guys - Bungie said back in 2002 that another Halo ring would come into play in Halo 2. Remember the talk of a mission on the moon, a space station, a Halo ring, and a Covenant homeworld? It's been know for years. Hope I didn't spoil anything.

Seriously, Bungie didn't even show spoiler-heavey stuff to the media for Halo. Nothing from Assault on the Control Room onward was even hinted at (other than the fact that you would meet a new enemy late in the game) in any form. All of the leaks are coming from early stuff shown to the press. There will be no true spoilers in this stuff.

You would be totally surprised considering how many people played the game but never knew there was more than one Halo, not that im saying this is the case here. Hell, I was talking to a mate this week who has had Halo for a year but didnt know the monitors name was guilty spark ;p

I have to say I never saw the problem with the flood, ive never been a fan of doom type shooters but they didnt even seem to bother me. They of course dont compare to wiping out rooms of elites however.

Looks like Che got to experience Halo 2 single player, quoted from his journal thingy

The lucky bastard :)

This months Edge was quite interesting despite the fact it was basically the same multiplayer guff over again, but they did mention
they saw drawings of a Drinol Beast, which they also admitted could just be a red herring, but also saw a board with with the title "Block 4" followed by 4 subheadings: Spacestation, Flood Lab, Forerunner Ship and Delta Control.

mrmyth

betaeliteXdual01Xcopy.jpg

WTF? The Covenant don't like the human weapons. And not only did I spot the Halo arcing up into the background, but there's also shots of the Hunter bridges from AotCR.

Sai

mrmyth said:
WTF? The Covenant don't like the human weapons.
Multiplayer, man. Story inconsistencies don't really matter there. :p

Maybe there'll be a race exclusive weaponry gametype where Elites can only pick up Covenant weaponry, and likewise with the SPARTANs. But that'd mess up an important part of HALO, honestly. A more likely setting would be to have Elites use Covenant weaponry at the start... And same with SPARTANs.

And not only did I spot the Halo arcing up into the background, but there's also shots of the Hunter bridges from AotCR.
? Maybe you saw a similar design in the multiplayer map Lockout.

BuddyC

Litigation Manuel said:
20040908134921reel.jpg

Is that another halo? The top looks that way. I thought it was supposed to take place mostly on earth and covenant ships and such.
[spoliers]Yes.[/spoilers]

Top Bottom