• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Another Halo thread on gaming side
tq7XYuC.png

It's not worth

I nippped. Lol..

Spartan3PC

What playlist have you guys gotten Tyrant in? I've played four games of Swat and I'm on game eight of my Team Arena placement matches.

blamite

Oh wow, I didn't realize animated emblems would be a regular thing from now on.

The animation on the Supercombine emblem is sick.

Miker

What playlist have you guys gotten Tyrant in? I've played four games of Swat and I'm on game eight of my Team Arena placement matches.

Got it once today as CTF in Team Arena.

I only have one common unlock left (some emblem). Time to save up for silvers! Gonna be so impatient saving up for 5000 RP instead of just 1250.

Akai__

Anyone else got that Ghost of Meridian REQ pack? It gave me a Hannibal Scorpion and some other stuff. :O

You should get 2 of the new weapons, 1 new vehicle, and a couple of boosts. FOr me it was one of each new Suppressor and a Hannibal Scorpion.

Yep, that's what I got. That was unexpected.

Karl2177

Anyone else got that Ghost of Meridian REQ pack? It gave me a Hannibal Scorpion and some other stuff. :O

You should get 2 of the new weapons, 1 new vehicle, and a couple of boosts. FOr me it was one of each new Suppressor and a Hannibal Scorpion.

Once again a great idea that takes 6 months to be put in.
I can't wait to hear what the majority of the team is working on because it can't be these content packs and updates, right? I mean, how resource-intensive can it be to slap a skin on an existing weapon and turn some knobs to adjust weapon properties?

Surely they must be working on the next telenovela con Master Queso y Cortaña.

Some interesting comments from ninja on his stream just now.

He thinks H5 would be "horrendous" without the motion tracker, too much movement going on and shit.

Also be says the pistol shoots blanks (commonly back this up), his example was having someone 1 shot, then the head shot to finish didn't register.
This has happened to me quite a lot, like I'll hit them with the final head shot and turn away but they survive and usually kill me as I'm no longer aiming.

This happened to anyone else?

Welfare

Also be says the pistol shoots blanks (commonly back this up), his example was having someone 1 shot, then the head shot to finish didn't register.
This has happened to me quite a lot, like I'll hit them with the final head shot and turn away but they survive and usually kill me as I'm no longer aiming.

So it is not just me. Have had this happened before.

Strider

Yea I've had the pistol black shot happen it's super weird... The shot fires, you get hit markers like usual, their head will react like they got shot like usual but the shot just does no damage.

It doesn't always happen on the last shot though it can happen anytime. There was a really good video of it happening in OT2 i think where someone went in theatre mode and recorded it happening from the enemy pov.

Binaries are now on Coliseum...

I already know I want that changed back to sniper lol

Altho I wouldn't mind seeing a little less ammo in the sniper. I feel that way about the sniper in general tho not just for Coliseum.

Akai__

He thinks H5 would be "horrendous" without the motion tracker, too much movement going on and shit.

EU vs USA in a nutshell.

EYEL1NER

I didn't realize that the Supercombine emblem was animated. I unlocked the emblem along with the Hailstorm license in the only silver pack I have purchased so far since the update. I'll have to take a look at it later.

He said nothing HCS has been affected besides Rig, but a guy tweeted him saying Coliseum and Empire have been changed.

Maybe I misinterpreted though and it's all changed in matchmaking.

I swear my first pistol shot won't register sometimes.

singhr1

Some of these are dumb but hey at least they aren't so hard headed they aren't willing to try new things. People hate change so I do hope players give them a chance before writing them off completely. Some maps needed updating

EDIT: Here are some changes someone posted on Waypoint forums they've found so far

Coliseum - assault

Binary Rifles places in each cave and tunnel on each side
Rocket Launcher not moved

Empire

SPNKr replaces Plasma Caster
Shotgun replaces Overshield
Overshield moved to Tower 2

Torque

Bottom middle is now wide open, camo placed there
Sword placed top middle, replacing Rockets
Top middle piston removed, allowing players to easily drop down to bottom middle

Eden

Unchanged, maybe not updated yet.

Thank god for those Torque changes. Overshield moved to Tower 2 will also help stop the madness of the initial rush on Empire.

Voho

So, a few weeks ago I said that I was having multiplayer lag exclusively on Halo 5. Well, two or so days afterwards everything evened out and I could play with minimal to none at all times. Now, since 343 relaxed the region locks on matchmade games, I've been having literally unplayable matches. People teleporting like in some shounen anime. Me having to repeat inputs (such as moving to a location) multiple times for it to stick. I'm lucky if I get a few kills a match. It's ridiculous.

Tl:dr: We need an option to opt out of out-of-region game sessions.

Also, finished my gold packs yesterday. Just in time to start back at silvers with meridian ^_^

I understand they fucked up changing the gametypes on customs, but please, people on beyond are crying because they are testing new settings.
Jesus, gamers are such babys

bchamba

Ninja's reading a response from somebody at 343. The changes shouldn't have gone to custom games or any HCS gametypes. Assume it'll eventually be fixed.

Edit: Torque changes look pretty legit, no more glare.

Akai__

The Custom Game overwrite is an error. They are trying to fix it right now.

I understand they fucked up changing the gametypes on customs, but please, people on beyond are crying because they are testing new settings.
Jesus, gamers are such babys

To avoid this, they could have come up with a "Refresh" Playlist where they didn't have to mess arround with the Ranked Playlists yet. I'm all for testing, but they could have handled it way better.

The Custom Game overwrite is an error. They are trying to fix it right now.

To avoid this, they could have come up with a "Refresh" Playlist where they didn't have to mess arround with the Ranked Playlists yet. I'm all for testing, but they could have handled it way better.

Yeah, I know, but people do overreact so much

blamite

Multi-team is pretty good, and the BTB maps work better than I expected, but it really shows how badly we need new gametypes. Multi-team without KotH and Oddball is just a travesty.

It's Beyond. That's literally enough said.

I won't went there because no one here was talking about the changes and I wanted to know what they have changed. I only went there like 3 times.
Are they always like that?

Ninja was raging too, and then started to agree with some of the changes. Plz

Top Bottom