• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite 2 Was in Development with the Slipspace Engine Before the Switch to Unreal Engine 5

XXL

According to a rumor shared by YouTuber RebsGaming, Halo Infinite 2 was in development at 343 Industries before Microsoft decided to drastically change the franchise's plans. The YouTuber's anonymous source says that right after the release of Halo Infinite (December 2021), 343's campaign team began working on the sequel in the Slipspace Engine. The team reportedly had 'high hopes' for the gameplay improvements that could have been introduced in Halo Infinite 2.
However, plans changed completely when there was a leadership change inside 343 Industries in September 2022. with Bonnie Ross being replaced by Pierre Hintze. The new leadership decided to switch to Unreal Engine for future Halo games and canceled the Halo Infinite 2 project. The team was asked to start learning Unreal Engine 5, which lasted until early 2023 when Microsoft's big round of layoffs hit 343 Industries hard. RebsGaming's source was also affected, so they do not know if the team is still working on a direct sequel to Infinite or not.

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

• LOL
Reactions: XXL

clarky

Gold Member
Last edited:

XXL

Search bar is your friend, friend.
It didn't come up.
Shrugs GIF

This seems to be a different source.

If the mods want to take it down or leave it up. I'm good either way.

clarky

Gold Member
It didn't come up.
Shrugs GIF

This seems to be a different source.

If the mods want to take it down or leave it up. I'm good either way.
Rebsgaming? Who? My pooch would probably be a better source for gaming rumours.

Last edited:

XXL

Rebsgaming? Who? My pooch would probably be a better source for gaming rumours.
He claims to have spoken with a 343 employee that was let go. Who knows though, but combined with the other thing you posted there seems to be some accuracy to this.

Last edited:

Shin-Ra

Nothing makes me sick in VR. I'm pretty heavy into VR though.

The only game that had ever made me seriously nauseous was Doom VFR on PSVR 1.
Scavenger's Odyssey in PlayStation VR Worlds set me off within ten minutes but that was more down to the jumping between walls and ceiling than any modern rendering jank.

Reactions: XXL
Top Bottom