• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

CliQ

10-HomeAlone-Fire.gif

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Damnit, I miss Halo 5 so much.

Also, really top quality montages Sik and Vin. That was such a fun ending to the beta.

Nirvana

Glad to see this place is still around.

I completely missed the Halo 5 Beta due to the whole MCC debacle putting me off playing the game again. I'm only just catching up on the campaign details. So cool that Blue Team is going to feature in this game! Having said that, I'm not sure I'm a fan of the squad mechanic, or having 3 other people around you at all other times in general. I look at a level like Gravemind in Halo 2 (my favourite campaign mission from the series) and can't help but think that atmosphere can't really be captured with 3 other Spartans kicking around.

Hopefully they make it work.

Was the beta a success then? Wish I could have played it.

Glad to see this place is still around.

I completely missed the Halo 5 Beta due to the whole MCC debacle putting me off playing the game again. I'm only just catching up on the campaign details. So cool that Blue Team is going to feature in this game! Having said that, I'm not sure I'm a fan of the squad mechanic, or having 3 other people around you at all other times in general. I look at a level like Gravemind in Halo 2 (my favourite campaign mission from the series) and can't help but think that atmosphere can't really be captured with 3 other Spartans kicking around.

Hopefully they make it work.

Was the beta a success then? Wish I could have played it.

While there always was the portions you played solo, and I know a lot of people like that, I'd say the good majority of the franchise you've had friendly AI along-side you. I get that people will miss those lonely moments, but I don't think bumping up to full-time teammates will change things too drastically, realistically speaking. Beyond of course the squad mechanics anyway, and as far as they go I'm not too worried about them pulling it off, especially with Longo on board.

And yes, the beta was definitely a success. Technically it went as smoothly as you could hope for a beta nearly a year from launch. A couple small hitches here and there, but overall surprisingly solid for how early it was. Definitely not an MCC repeat. And the gameplay/design itself was pretty fantastic. Overall the reaction was highly positive and I know I definitely had a blast. The changes they've made since have addressed many of the big complaints too, so that's great.

Top Bottom