• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

Evade Defense Force?

Not really. I'm abivalent. I just wouldn't cry/take extreme issue with it. I made it clear numerous times I'm not anti-AA as is the norm. I think they can be implemented better and would like to see strives to do so.

Karl2177

Not really. I'm abivalent. I just wouldn't cry/take extreme issue with it. I made it clear numerous times I'm not anti-AA as is the norm. I think they can be implemented better and would like to see strives to do so.

Okay. Elite only is the only good implementation of it.

We had Drop Shield for eight months and this will be evade's eighth month in matchmaking, I think it's a nice chance to completely kill it from matchmaking, we'll even act like this fiasco never ever happened! :D

EVADE 4 ELITES!!11!

senador

Banned
good luck! what job?

I believe in you! You will get this job! Make daddy proud!

Ha, thanks guys! Its a web developer position at an ad/branding/design studio. They do some pretty big brands and also design graphics for skis and snowboards. They have a mini ramp in the office too. Would be an awesome gig. I haven't had an interview or job since I left my last one in August so pretty nervous. Naturally, I came to HaloGAF to let that out. ;)

Ha, thanks guys! Its a web developer position at an ad/branding/design studio. They do some pretty big brands and also design graphics for skis and snowboards. They have a mini ramp in the office too. Would be an awesome gig. I haven't had an interview or job since I left my last one in August so pretty nervous. Naturally, I came to HaloGAF to let that out. ;)

That Sounds awesome, good luck! : )

CyReN

Played a game with the MLG controller and really liked it so far, feels great in the hands. Wish it was wireless though.

Booshka

I think evade is stupid in MLG too, oh look, I can evade across the Pit in .5 seconds!

It's unbelievable on the new settings in MLG. With the increased movement speed Evade is unreal, you can fly all over the map while everyone else is jogging.

Havok

lmao. Reach is truly the game of the forever.

You shoulda died so many times, but instead Evade allowed you to be 50 feet from your original fight in one button press, I really don't know how anyone who liked the first 3 Halo's could defend such tripe.
There are Regenerator defenders out there, too.

I was going to include Bubble Shield camping defenders in my list of crazy people, but I don't want to get anybody here riled up.

About time I finally get to participate in this madness!

Are you a very recently approved member of neogaf?
Yes, after five long months of agonizing wait. At least they sent that approval mail four times!

What country are you posting from and what’s your current age.
Germany, 20 years old.

At what age did you get into Halo and with which game.
Naturally Halo: CE on the original Xbox. Invested hours after hours into the Co-op and MP with my cousin. I think that was back in 2002/03.
So around 11 years old. Damn!

For how long have you been reading HaloGAF?
Uh... for 2 or 3 years? Time sure flies!

What’s your absolute favorite Halo campaign? And your favorite multiplayer? (you’re not allowed to pick Halo: Combat Evolved for any of the two)
That's a tough one, but I'll go with ODST campaign-wise and Halo 3 in terms of multiplayer. While I do love certain aspects of Reach (higher level of customization, weapon feedback, animations, etc.), I prefer 3's level of mobility (strafing, higher jumping).

Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.
46 in Lone Wolves (and 45 in Double Team).

AR or BR?
DMR
Kidding! Of course the BR. Although the bloomless DMR isn't shabby either...

Absolute favorite multiplayer map from Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and 3 (just one from each).
Sidewinder, Lockout, The Pit.

Least hated Reach mp map.(excluding Anniversary pack)
Countdown, I guess...

Do you prefer BTB or MLG? (pre-Reach era)
BTB.

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?
MP.

Games completed on solo Legendary.
Halo 2, 3, ODST and Reach. Anniversary will be next, but college is keeping me too busy right now.

Are you EazyB? Mike DongBlain?
Aren't we all?

What are some of your favorite Campaign missions.
Halo (CE and 3), Silent Cartographer, The Ark and The Covenant, Exodus and most of ODST's missions.

Favorite Reach playlists.
Haven't played Reach in a while... (thanks college!) What playlists are there even at the moment?

Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).
Lost track of the numbers a long time ago... He has infected the whole system!

Opinion on reticule bloom.
The idea isn't exactly bad, but the execution is lacking. I'm okay with it in Campaign and Firefight, but it can get really frustrating in MP.

Opinion on Armor Abilities and the one you usually end up picking.
Again, not exactly bad, but I feel like they distract a bit too much from Halo's core principles. Most of the time I end up picking Sprint.

Why are you a Halo fan?
Halo: CE's co-op remains one of my greatest gaming experiences ever. It's what made me buy an Xbox for Halo 2 and from then on it just kept on going and going: From local Co-op and MP sessions over Xbox Live shenanigans thanks to the 360 to meeting lots of interesting people due to our shared hobby. Also I simply enjoy Halo's gameplay, music and lore which is why I've read every single book to date and am eagerly anticipating Halo 4 as much as any of you guys.

Now, let's wait together. :(

CyReN

Wearing it for luck for tonight MLG console announcement.

znOd6.jpg

Did that junior just say he thought bloom was a good idea in theory?!

Boothisman.gif

Reminds me of the qoute from JP3, just replace Billy with Bungie.

Billy Brennan: You have to believe me, this was a stupid decision but I did it with the best intentions.
Dr. Grant: With the best intentions? Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions.

Thats not abuse, thats just another team of really bad uncoordinated players getting crapped on in MLG.

They didn't time or acquire a single power weapon and had 0 teamwork. Their shot was pretty rough too.

Just adapt, stop bitching about evade. Its not going anywhere.

It just occurred to me that the speed at which this thread moves is far more problematic whilst participating. :p
Are you a very recently approved member of neogaf?
Yes.
What country are you posting from and what’s your current age.
United States - 22
At what age did you get into Halo and with which game.
12, Halo 1
For how long have you been reading HaloGAF?
Far too long.
What’s your absolute favorite Halo campaign? And your favorite multiplayer? (you’re not allowed to pick Halo: Combat Evolved for any of the two)
Halo2/ODST, Halo 3
Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.
45 in Lone Wolf
AR or BR?
Both.
Absolute favorite multiplayer map from Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and 3 (just one from each).
Prisoner, Lockout, Guardian
Least hated Reach mp map.(excluding Anniversary pack)
N/A (Haven't played any)
Do you prefer BTB or MLG? (pre-Reach era)
Depends on the day.
Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?
Never really got to enjoy firefight in its prime - seems right up my alley though.
Games completed on solo Legendary.
Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3.
Are you EazyB? Mike DongBlain?
Nope, nope. Can someone explain the origin of Dongblain?
What are some of your favorite Campaign missions.
Silent Cartographer, Two Batrayals, Metropolis, The Arbiter, Delta Halo, Tsavo Highway, The Storm, The Ark, The Covenant... Yeah... some.
Favorite Reach playlists.
N/A
Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).
N/A
Opinion on reticule bloom.
Personally I like the idea of slighly more realistic weapon handling, but again, N/A.
Opinion on Armor Abilities and the one you usually end up picking.
For the few times that I played, I found it great fun to troll ghosts with armor lock (sorry), but hologram was something I relished using.
Why are you a Halo fan?
Good games with great mechanics and an interesting universe.
Favorite Halogaffer, and least favorite (besides Dax). (optional)
Not falling for this trap.
Now feel free to introduce yourself and/or share anything you want so we get to know you better, some of us would enjoy reading it. (optional)
I'm mostly waiting for Halo 4 right now. :)

Ramirez

Thats not abuse, thats just another team of really bad uncoordinated players getting crapped on in MLG.

They didn't time or acquire a single power weapon and had 0 teamwork. Their shot was pretty rough too.

I really hope you hate Halo 4, so that you're stuck playing Reach for the rest of eternity by yourself.

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I agree with Juices, adapt or die.

Oozer3993

So guys the 29th. Are your bodies ready?

Totally. I'm really excited. We should learn a lot about the new style being brought to the game by the new leadership.

We're talking about the US friendly against Italy, right? Cause that's gonna be awesome. Donovan and Dempsey are gonna style all over those Italian thugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom