• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

malfcn

I'm running into a Dilemma, Bumper Jumper has really, really nice controls, however Hardlight Shield, and Jetpack, and maybe more, are reallllly gimped like this. I'm not a big jetpack fan, but I'm really enjoying the Hardlight Shield... Any other good recommendations? What is everyone else using?

Not sure about Jetpack, but I was fine (in Campaign) using the Hardlight. The edge of my thumb was able to swivel around the stick while keeping planted on the face button. Never got into Jetpack, and part of it is probably because of Bumper Jumper.

GhaleonEB

Heroic or Legendary? I used it just fine on Heroic...

Heroic. I have yet to climb into one without taking a ton of fire instantly. I'm on mission
six now, I think, climbing the tall vertical towers? Went up another level, hopped in the Banshee parked there.
Six turrets, two banshees and a few Elites all open fire. A few deaths later I turn it off, but I've decided to just clear all the turrets and Elites on foot. Less painful.

Same thing in that big circular area with the Ghosts and Banshees and central platforms a few missions back. Get in Banshee, take fire from all directions, no matter where or how I fly. So I cleared it on foot.

The default Slayer always being the most popular does make me wonder how much it gets boosted solely from being at the very top though.

I don't think it gets boosted all that much. Team Slayer is the closest you'll find to "pure" Halo, and most people don't want to put to much thought into things like steathily sneaking a flag or bomb, they just want to kill people and blow stuff up.

DMR's a damn fine weapon now. My frustrations in Reach were how it was designated to do nothing more than deny you kills. Oh, got his shields down now I gotta wait-- oh, he's turned the corner now. The bloom that exists on it now is nothing more than some minor spread. It's like a return of the CE pistol.

Also, the only thing I'm not liking about JIP at the moment is how it'll start matches lopsided and let the system sort it out; other than that I'm pretty happy with its implementation. Being down teammates was probably the number one frustration for me in prior Halo matchmaking.

DMR's a damn fine weapon now. My frustrations in Reach were how it was designated to do nothing more than deny you kills. Oh, got his shields down now I gotta wait-- oh, he's turned the corner now. The bloom that exists on it now is nothing more than some minor spread. It's like a return of the CE pistol.

Also, the only thing I'm not liking about JIP at the moment is how it'll start matches lopsided and let the system sort it out; other than that I'm pretty happy with its implementation. Being down teammates was probably the number one frustration for me in prior Halo matchmaking.

I still get this bullshit all day long.

Azar

Heroic. I have yet to climb into one without taking a ton of fire instantly. I'm on mission
six now, I think, climbing the tall vertical towers? Went up another level, hopped in the Banshee parked there.
Six turrets, two banshees and a few Elites all open fire. A few deaths later I turn it off, but I've decided to just clear all the turrets and Elites on foot. Less painful.

Same thing in that big circular area with the Ghosts and Banshees and central platforms a few missions back. Get in Banshee, take fire from all directions, no matter where or how I fly. So I cleared it on foot.
In the two situations I've encountered Banshees in campaign, they've been impressively un-fun. They're not fun to fight against, at least on Heroic, and jumping in them seems like a guaranteed death. Enemies on the ground just pepper you with fire until you explode and don't seem to have any trouble whatsoever tracking you as you do evasive maneuvers. Each time I encountered them I tried using one half a dozen times, died over and over, and eventually proceeded on foot.

I have a feeling that regen field will be a problem down the line. The distortion in the field barely makes a difference to me, I can still see everything I need to see, I'm used to how sub-HD look the blur doesn't affect me lol.

zap

My flatmate just bought his own copy of Halo 4 and his xbox drive scratched it :/ I thought it was caused by him moving it slightly while spinning, so I put my disc in to install it to his hdd so he could still play... now my disc is scratched :/ Found out after that it wasn't moving the xbox that did it, just the disc drive.

My disc is still working... but it's very frustrating. 360 consoles are terrible quality (it's an OG 360)

Gray Man

Banned
Bumper Jumper and claw that shit
RL60us.jpg

This doesn't exactly feel comfortable... My roommate has started using fishstick... It doesn't actually seem that bad.

Campaign was amazing. Really enjoyed both my heroic and Legendary solo run throughs.

MP is a blast. Feels like a revamped Halo 3. No complaints from me.

Im sure the folks in here have a massive list of complaints though :)

Anyone else feel kill times are significantly reduced now? I feel like as soon as someone has me in their DMR sights I'm already dead and have no time to react.

It's especially noticeable when going two against one. And even more so with DMR's tagging you from opposite corners of the world.

GhaleonEB

In the two situations I've encountered Banshees in campaign, they've been impressively un-fun. They're not fun to fight against, at least on Heroic, and jumping in them seems like a guaranteed death. Enemies on the ground just pepper you with fire until you explode and don't seem to have any trouble whatsoever tracking you as you do evasive maneuvers. Each time I encountered them I tried using one half a dozen times, died over and over, and eventually proceeded on foot.

This is my exact experience also. I'm also strongly disliking the Mantis.

Anyone know why some of the maps arent in matchmaking? Namely the forge ones? Or maybe i just havent seen them yet? Played the asteroid one in a custom today and that map is fantastic.

I took the two banshees and the Ghosts out first, all the infantry are worthless when your in the Banshee. The ghosts and other banshees will fuck you up in a heartbeat though

Trey

Conversely, get in the Banshee and fly all the way to the door at the end. They only ever put them in sequences you can just all together skip.

Conversely, get in the Banshee and fly all the way to the door at the end. They only ever put them in sequences you can just all together skip.

I think he meant the part with the generators you gotta blow up first. Also i did skip that on Heroic, and killed everything on Legendary, was way more fun!

daedalius

The ROF and spread of the DMR seem pretty similar to the CE pistol.

Although it would be terrifying if it was 3sk, lol.

DeadNames

Banned
Is anyone else slightly annoyed by the small gap in between Cortana's teeth?

Oh and Forge is wicked fun... Trying to make a map lol. We should play on it and try it out. Still a WIP though.

Are we rotating OP now? I have some ideas...

Also I just saw Skyfall, Tashi could totally be Tanner's (M's assistant from the Craig movies) stunt double.

Past three days have been a blur. Lots of painkillers, liquid food, and impromptu naps. Halo 4 is fun. I have a lot of nitpicking to do, but overall I'm pleased.

I'll try to collect my thoughts tomorrow for a review/writeup. Bed for now.

Top Bottom