• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Karl2177

I'd love to slap whoever did the medals. Not because of how they look (even though they are pretty boring and generic) but because of how they are implemented. In what universe is a "Hammer Kill" medal not considered a "Close Quarters" medal? To top it off why are we giving medals for Hammer kills?

Toa TAK

Banned
unless you already bought all the DLC...

I did have all the DLC (except for Mythic II, which I don't think was available either until ODST), but even then I personally didn't have an issue.

I'd love to slap whoever did the medals. Not because of how they look (even though they are pretty boring and generic) but because of how they are implemented. In what universe is a "Hammer Kill" medal not considered a "Close Quarters" medal? To top it off why are we giving medals for Hammer kills?

I've had annoyances with that, too. I'd usually go Grifball before I figured that out.
Because people were expecting Halo 4, with it's own new MM. People were just upset because it was an offshoot instead of a primary title. Looking back now though... lol

That's silly as hell. Were people not paying any attention to the game before release? Wasn't this made obvious months before?

Gordon

I don't see why people were unhappy with the $60 route. Minus the Halo 3 maps, I thought, especially looking back now, ODST had the value of a $60 game.
Because people were expecting Halo 4, with it's own new MM. People were just upset because it was an offshoot instead of a primary title. Looking back now though... lol

unless you already bought all the DLC...
Also this ^ - it's always annoying when a company puts something you paid for on sale cheap. When it's everything at once it gets people riled up. Borderlands does that with their DLC. Bugs me to no end.

That's silly as hell. Were people not paying any attention to the game before release? Wasn't this made obvious months before?
Silly doesn't stop people from posting in forums. And it doesn't really matter what people knew - it's what they wanted. Just like with Reach and 4 they wanted a sequel to 3. Reach and Halo 4 are decent games. They're just fundamentally different from Halo CE, 2, and 3. Basically every Halo title released since Halo 3 has had a clamoring for it to be a Halo 3 continuation of sorts. ODST was a totally different kind of game, and some people were irked by that. That's just the internet though. There's always somebody unhappy, and this is their platform to be heard from.

Blueblur1

I don't understand why they made those changes. They also got rid of the Sword and Hammer Spree medals.

Toa TAK

Banned
I don't understand why they made those changes. They also got rid of the Sword and Hammer Spree medals.

They took away a lot of additions from Reach. *looks at Forge and Theater*

ODST was a totally different kind of game, and some people were irked by that. That's just the internet though. There's always somebody unhappy, and this is their platform to be heard from.

At least ODST has a lot of appreciation now. Time will only tell with Reach and 4.

FyreWulff

I'm guessing it won't be on GonD because of the Reach multiplayer portion that's included. With the disc version Anniversary and Reach multi show up as two separate items in your game library so with a download that could be a problem.

Once more problem that could have been solved by including the entirety of Reach multiplayer on a separate disc.

They could just null out the Anniversary Multiplayer Demo menu option and remove the title from the disc image.

Alternately, just drop support for the Anniversary Multiplayer Demo.

The whole single disc shit was apparently due to blowback over ODST being 60$. In the end though, Reach would have been better off if Anniversary just included a code for the map pack. There's levels of goodness:

Best: Separate disc with the entire multiplayer suite. Reach's DLC availability would have massively increased; Halo 3 didn't have a majority of the playerbase with DLC until the ODST disc, and within a couple of months the majority of players were playing via the disc.

Good: Just include a code for the Anniversary map pack with Anniversary. While people without enough space couldn't play the maps, it would have at least kept the Reach playerbase unified and everyone in Anniversary-centric playlists could be counted on having and being able to use Reach disc maps, especially Forge World.

Decent: Include the Anniversary Map Pack disc, but also include Forge World as a "bridge map" between the two discs. This would have given Anniversary Blood Gulch for 'free', and access to all the FW H1 remakes.

Meh: Same as above, but also allow the Anniversary disc to load Noble and Defiant map packs (I have no idea why Anniversary doesn't load them, it goes every sort of player usability and business sense) (and makes even less sense when you realize Anniversary has Defiant achievements you can only unlock if you have the Anniversary maps)

WTF: Ship a disc that splits Reach multi into separate universes and make it so you can't even mark Reach disc maps as optional.

.... aw crap, I'm getting started on the Anni disc again.

Twin Snakes Wii/Dolphin if your PC can handle it.
MGS2 HD Collection
MGS 3 HD Collection
MGS Peace Walker HD collection
MGS4 (PS3)
MGR:R (Xbox)

Note: Twin snakes gets much undeserved shit. Cutscenes feel much more inline with the craziness of the rest of the franchise. Gameplay is improved because of the MGS2/3 Controls and the environments all look better.

Its basically the CE:A of the metal gear franchise. Fantastic all round package that people dislike because they don't like change.

Ghazi

MGS1 man. MGS2 is the best in the series. 3 is pretty cool. Pretend 4 doesn't exist.

Peace Walker isn't bad.

E: Ignore whoever said Twin Snakes. That game is a sack of garbage.

Ew no. Original PS1 version is the way to go. I guess Twin Snakes is an okay substitute, but if you have a choice I'd definitely say go with the original.

It'd be much easier (and cheaper) to find a copy of Twin Snakes if you weren't to resort to piracy.

I'm not saying it's the best, but it works.

so is there a good PS1 emulator?

http://pcsx2.net/

wwm0nkey

If some of you are getting Peace Walker on the sale does anyone want to do MP on it? There were not too many people on that at launch :(

Top Bottom