• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Fotos

Well I wasn't planning on getting Judgement, but after seeing this trailer I think I'm going to get it. The last GOW I played was the first one whenever it came out. I didn't really like it so I sold it but I think i'll like it better now. So I'm going to buy GOW 1,2,3, and Judgement all at once and play them all in a row non stop.

Why is Elzar Oddone and has no premium quality tits.... is he hidden in Oddone's butt?

QUIT MAKING ME EDIT THIS FUCKING THING

UVzrv0O.png

Fuchsdh

The Bear excerpts were pretty good (though unlikely to change any opinions), interested in seeing how this wraps up... hopefully he's up to the task of addressing some of 343i's storytelling shortfalls.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ranks encourage quitting, wat?
It's pretty straightforward, especially if you've played a Halo game before. People quit out if this magical number beside teammates names are not up to their standards without them actually seeing how they play. This was the worst in Halo 2.

It would be easy enough to stop boosting, wouldn't just making players play with players with skill levels +/- 10 fix it. stop parties that exceed this limit from playing? Wouldn't that do the trick or am I not understanding how boosting worked.
That doesn't fix anything, people will still quit. TruSkill has been around forever and still matchmakes within even smaller ranges of that most of the time.

I know this forum is about to get into a lengthy discussion about the implications of ranks via boosters, etc, but I will never buy into that being too much of a direct impact.

I think I would personally have a lot more fun with this game (read: more. I already play this game every night) if they added them in-game. Something to work for, attain, strive for, whatever other than armor pieces is what makes me want to play better.
Honestly, from my experiences with close friends and randoms online, it makes a difference and people WILL do it, even if there's a penalty involved. People did it in Halo 2, they did it in Halo 3, and they'll do it again. I understand it can work as a positive reinforcer, but TBH the negatives far outweight the potential positives for the subset I mentioned.

It's pretty straightforward, especially if you've played a Halo game before. People quit out if this magical number beside teammates names are not up to their standards without them actually seeing how they play. This was the worst in Halo 2.

That doesn't fix anything, people will still quit. TruSkill has been around forever and still matchmakes within even smaller ranges of that most of the time.

Honestly, from my experiences with close friends and randoms online, it makes a difference and people WILL do it, even if there's a penalty involved. People did it in Halo 2, they did it in Halo 3, and they'll do it again. I understand it can work as a positive reinforcer, but TBH the negatives far outweight the potential positives for the subset I mentioned.

People quit more in Halo 4 than all previous Halo games. Why? Because they're aware of this mystical process known as Join-in-Progress, so they think it's no big deal. That's not even counting the people that have quit BECAUSE of JiP doing its job terribly. People are going to quit probably about the same amount as playlists without ranks and at least this way 343 would be providing a feature that the community has actually asked for.

Why does Halo musical fan-art never get that much love? ;_; I'm dying over here guys... I mean, I know the remix competition generated a ton of good remixes, but some independent musicians are also creating our own takes on some of the other songs that aren't To Galaxy and Arrival...

I suppose I'll just leave this just here...

Good stuff.

It means "Wall-Builder" in German, you dope. Or more literally "truer." I guess my ancestors were Builders?

I'm on a creative kick with these SkullGaffers concepts and couldn't resist.

A mysterious enemy adorned in Kanye Shades and fairy wings, this fighter goes by the alias 'Kneel Diamond.' Using shattered compact discs as brass knuckles and kunai, his intentions are UNKNOWN.

Welp..

People quit more in Halo 4 than all previous Halo games. Why? Because they're aware of this mystical process known as Join-in-Progress, so they think it's no big deal. That's not even counting the people that have quit BECAUSE of JiP doing its job terribly. People are going to quit probably about the same amount as playlists without ranks and at least this way 343 would be providing a feature that the community has actually asked for.

Stahp. 2 much logic.

Cow

Why can't 343 just ban people gaining ranks too fast. If someone has achieved 30 skill in 10 games doesn't that raise alarm bells?

Doing this + not allowing players to party with other players outside their skill range in ranked playlists would surely reduce the incentive to de rank.

Ramirez

It's pretty straightforward, especially if you've played a Halo game before. People quit out if this magical number beside teammates names are not up to their standards without them actually seeing how they play. This was the worst in Halo 2..

People would be matched by the same rank...just like 3.

People quit out constantly in 4, there's no penalty, it's terrible.

Stahp. 2 much logic.

t1j9SDV.gif

Tawpgun

This blackmills stuff is pretty good btw. I've been listening to a lot of instrumental stuff recently so this is perfect.

Halo 4 BTB and Infinity Slayer on the other hand, pretty not good.

Ramirez

This blackmills stuff is pretty good btw. I've been listening to a lot of instrumental stuff recently so this is perfect.

Halo 4 BTB and Infinity Slayer on the other hand, pretty not good.

I've literally had his YT channel on repeat the entire day. It's so damn chill, love it.

Omni

On Waypoint there is another sneak peak for Silentium, everything sounds interesting but keeps confusing me.

Seems like they lift the secret of the Precursors? I would like to know more about the Primordial and the UrFlood than about the Precursors
We're gonna spoiler tag all discussion of Silentium, right? It's a book, but I'd rather not get spoiled (happened with Cryptum....)

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS

Anyone want any more doodles before I'm burnt out for the night?

Mass effect stuff being ported to Halo CE MP.

If the textures get rebuilt from the ground up and proper modifications are made to the way weapons fire to match those in mass effect and balance is accounted for then it could turn into a decent conversion. Id love to get on board with something like this in regards to making the weapons balanced and I could do some texture work as well.

Eh, I might shoot the guy an email or just wait till he releases and fix it up then.

You cannot doodle stalker.

Top Bottom