• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
"next gen only" makes me think it's multiplat, plus it's way too early for a feature on Halo 5

Of course it's early, that's why it would be interesting. No one would see it coming and it would make me "flip out." I'm sure it will end up being something boring though.

jem0208

Must be just me but if (stable)30FPS means that we'll be getting big campaign maps back without the quadrillion glass walls/dead zones. I'll take that over the 60FPS.

Maybe 343i can do the same as what GG did. Campaign 30FPS and Multiplayer 60FPS. Only make the multilpayer really 60FPS and not some roller coaster of ups and downs like KZ:SF has.

I would definitely take a 30fps campaign if it meant massive levels and better graphics. I'm not so bothered about graphics in multiplayer, bit too busy to be marveling at vistas while I'm getting shot at so I would like 60fps there.

The joke is that you're a shill... Well it seems more and more true.
I just want to be optimistic about Halo 5. Yeah, Halo 4 was a mess, but Frankie and co seem to genuinely understand their mistakes and seem to be actually making an effort in making Halo 5 a good game. The hints of Arbiter coming back, Halo 5 going "basic", and 343 constantly acknowledging that they understand give me faith.

plus I need more justification for wasting a month and a half on my work wage on an Xbox One.

Mistel

Banned
I would definitely take a 30fps campaign if it meant massive levels and better graphics. I'm not so bothered about graphics in multiplayer, bit too busy to be marveling at vistas while I'm getting shot at so I would like 60fps there.

I would much rather have bigger maps than something like 4's campaign, it could give you lots of places for extra stuff like easter eggs.

I'm going to play reach BTB soon in about 45 minutes, just message deadly bl0ss0m if your interested. (ran into 3 back to back matches of full parties ugh.)

RIP AGDQ. Fire alarm just went off and they're evacuating. Probably due to heat from TriHex's fingers.

lol Speedy has "faith"...
I've said before, I'll be optimistic and have faith until I see reason not to be. Sure, if we start getting leaks that Halo 5 has twice the amount of Armor Abilities and Perks than Halo 4 did, or the Boltshot returns, or custom loadouts are more exploitable, I'll be first to be disappointed and just move on and ignore Halo 5, but as of now, I don't see much reason to be pessimistic.

At the very least, 343 have earned and deserved my optimism.

I still will remember that post about frank saying they learned about the audience. I will hold it against him.

bugsjpg.png

343 has got this in the bag. They already have all the ground work laid out for Halo 5 anyways. Got the Story, Character designs, weapon designs, multiplayer balance, player movement, etc all pretty much done. They have a lot of stuff they don't need to create this time around, like in Halo 4.

You mean like how Forge, Theater and Filesharing where already there and they only had to add some things on top right?

Every single Halo game has used the last one as a base (some maps even have old weapons in their data) so your post doesn't make sense at all.

haha no shit, where you from?

eh would rather not post exactly where on the internet, but I live near grandville.

Heard the news today about Halone being reconfirmed for a 2014 release, makes me nervous. Hopefully MS can be convinced to delay it if is not ready, really don't want a repeat of Halo 4....

You mean like how Forge, Theater and Filesharing where already there and they only had to add some things on top right?

Every single Halo game has used the last one as a base (some maps even have old weapons in their data) so your post doesn't make sense at all.

Aren't there technical reasons for Theater and Fileshare being messed up at launch coupled with an incomplete team? I'm willing to give 343 the benefit of the doubt for Halo 5, even though I probably shouldn't.

The only reason I feel alright doing this is because they're not Bungie and Bungie has straight up mislead us many times over the years. How many times have they referenced CE when releasing the next Halo game only for it to be nothing like it? Their deceitful list is massive, but for some reason I still don't "hate" them (such a strong word, so I'd rather just say they were the wrong ones to be in charge of Halo's multiplayer).

He's probably playing CoD competitively. Not even joking.

Happy Birthday man.

About Halo 5 or whatever, I don't understand why 343 sets itself up like this. By keeping the title secret you are only going to cause a riot when announced. They should have learned by now this kind of thing doesn't work with this fan base.

Also, why are they the only major IP not showing anything? We have plenty of Destiny, Titanfall, Infamous, The Order. The only big IPs I can think of launching 2014 without anything shown are those unannounced (new CoD etc)

Get it out there, get people hype. The worst you could do is sell a few Xbone's.

I present the savior of AGDQ:

EG3SpnJ.gif

save da animals

Also, wasn't theater messed up for campaign because of all the QTEs or something?

Happy Birthday man.

About Halo 5 or whatever, I don't understand why 343 sets itself up like this. By keeping the title secret you are only going to cause a riot when announced. They should have learned by now this kind of thing doesn't work with this fan base.

Also, why are they the only major IP not showing anything? We have plenty of Destiny, Titanfall, Infamous, The Order. The only big IPs I can think of launching 2014 without anything shown are those unannounced (new CoD etc)

Get it out there, get people hype. The worst you could do is sell a few Xbone's.

It's still early,TitanFall is out in the spring where Halo is fall. Also you realize people will wait regardless right?

TheXbox

Aren't there technical reasons for Theater and Fileshare being messed up at launch coupled with an incomplete team? I'm willing to give 343 the benefit of the doubt for Halo 5, even though I probably shouldn't.

The only reason I feel alright doing this is because they're not Bungie and Bungie has straight up mislead us many times over the years. How many times have they referenced CE when releasing the next Halo game only for it to be nothing like it? Their deceitful list is massive, but for some reason I still don't "hate" them (such a strong word, so I'd rather just say they were the wrong ones to be in charge of Halo's multiplayer).
They weren't really kidding, though. Reach was a lot like CE, it had the scoped pistol, health packs, huge campaign environments, a long story, new characters, etc. 343 mentioned CE more than once in those vidocs and interviews, and I think Halo 4 more than anything Bungie made was farthest from what CE was. How about all those times they said "trust us", only to launch a broken, CODified game? Not trying to shit on 343, but they misled us just as much as Bungie.

The feeling I got was that the game was rushed as hell, the terminals fiasco too but maybe that's just me.

Anyway, I have hope for H5, they need to bring back the fun, even with some of Reach's AWFUL mechanics I was able to had LOTS OF FUN, H4 is lacking that something.

It's still early,TitanFall is out in the spring where Halo is fall. Also you realize people will wait regardless right?

Yeah they will wait but that doesn't make it a smart plan. Especially when you want to move systems. The last time we were shown everything so late it didn't work out so well. Get the community involved now.

Yeah they will wait but that doesn't make it a smart plan. Especially when you want to move systems. The last time we were shown everything so late it didn't work out so well. Get the community involved now.

Halo 4 was not shown late. It was in feb/march. Also they just sold 3 million systems,they got TitanFall to move systems. Either way it will move when the game launches.

belushy

Banned
I just hope the game is feature rich. I except the gameplay to be serviceable, because I do truly think 343 learned from Halo 4 from a gameplay perspective. I just don't want main features to be cut/slacked on like Halo 4 was.

They weren't really kidding, though. Reach was a lot like CE, it had the scoped pistol, health packs, huge campaign environments, a long story, new characters, etc. 343 mentioned CE more than once in those vidocs and interviews, and I think Halo 4 more than anything Bungie made was farthest from what CE was. How about all those times they said "trust us", only to launch a broken, CODified game? Not trying to shit on 343, but they misled us just as much as Bungie.

343 didn't throw around CE nearly as much as Bungie did, if at all really. I can't remember any ViDoc where 343 mentioned "returning to its roots" as much as Bungie did with Halo 3, ODST and Reach.

And sure, the "trust us" thing was nasty lol, but lucky for them it was only one game they messed up whereas Bungie continually made Halo slower, more inconsistent and with less depth. 343 also brought us a faster, more consistent Halo game as well, despite the perks and silly loadout options with AA's, PP and Boltshot at launch. Matchmaking takes up a lot of that blame IMO because we were stuck playing with crappy settings for too long.

The feeling I got was that the game was rushed as hell, the terminals fiasco too but maybe that's just me.

Rushed, building a team while trying to make a new Halo game, etc. All relative.

Aww shit. The jig is up. Better shut the place down for good now. Detective Speedy has the scent.

I think I got about a total of 3 posts before i was banned.

probably by heckfu.
my ban message was: gso

Took you long enough.

The way it was just posted with #hgs made it come off as a meme and nothing more. My mistake.

BigShow36

And Star Wars is the same as Star Trek because they both have spaceships and lasers.

sbd - shill; bad at halo

I'm not sure how I feel about my description. I always considered myself pretty decent at Halo.

Halo:Reach K/D - 1.53
Halo 4 K/D - 1.35
Halo 3 K/D - 0.96

I was like 11 when I started playing Halo 3. Give me some slack with that one. I was a AR-Melee rushing child for like my 2 years playing. My K/D never recovered.

I'm not sure how I feel about my description. I always considered myself pretty decent at Halo.

Halo 4 K/D - 1.35
Halo 3 K/D - 0.96

I was like 11 when I started playing Halo 3. Give me some slack with that one. I was a AR-Melee rushing child for like my 2 years playing. My K/D never recovered.

Meh, K/D isnt as important as being a team player or going for the objective.

343 didn't throw around CE nearly as much as Bungie did, if at all really. I can't remember any ViDoc where 343 mentioned "returning to its roots" as much as Bungie did with Halo 3, ODST and Reach.

And sure, the "trust us" thing was nasty lol, but lucky for them it was only one game they messed up whereas Bungie continually made Halo slower, more inconsistent and with less depth. 343 also brought us a faster, more consistent Halo game as well, despite the perks and silly loadout options with AA's, PP and Boltshot at launch. Matchmaking takes up a lot of that blame IMO because we were stuck playing with crappy settings for too long.

Rushed, building a team while trying to make a new Halo game, etc. All relative.

Halo was always "slow". Also they made H4 faster for other reasons...

TheXbox

And Star Wars is the same as Star Trek because they both have spaceships and lasers.
Come on, man. Nightfall is virtually a remake of Truth and Reconciliation. New Alexandria is Two Betrayals. The game literally ends where Halo: CE began. No, the multiplayer suite wasn't anywhere near what CE was, and it was never going to be, but with the campaign it's pretty obvious where they drew the bulk of their inspiration.

I have a really strong feeling they've made comparisons to CE speaking about the campaign and exploration (stepping onto the ring for the first time, stepping onto Requiem), but I guess it's just anecdotal since I can't link to any videos... so yeah. I'm wrong. :(

Anyway, I just want to be fair to Bungie, they really tried to make Reach like CE. Whatever you think about the quality of that game, I believe they made a sincere effort to recapture that magic. I don't know if they've ever outright lied or misled us, I suppose they must have at some point, but I don't think the CE comparison is the one.

Halo 4 K/D - 1.35
Halo 3 K/D - 0.96

I would post my stats, but I should probably just let ExWife post his and feel the shadenfreude emanating from you wash over us.

I would post my stats, but I should probably just let ExWife post his and feel the shadenfreude emanating from you wash over us.

Sorry - too busy watching speed runs. K/D only matters during Murdertime Funtime. Dat Unfrigginbelievable on Butter a couple days ago: hnnngggg.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Halo 4 K/D - 1.35
Halo 3 K/D - 0.96

Halo 3: Ranked
Halo: Reach: Unranked
Halo 4: Late ranks

Fuchsdh

The key is consistency. People are going to get frustrated that the campaign feels/looks "wrong" if you're used to playing 60fps and then downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom