• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_m1f37vsZWP1qbtciyo1_250.jpg
HOT.

You guys hear about Elder Scrolls Online? What if we never see Ghaleon again? :-(

Also curious Frankie, without giving much away.

One map in particular gave me a really excellent vibe - a mix of my favorite aspects of Blood Gulch and Waterworks.

What are your favourite aspects in regards to those maps?

Petrichor

Just saw the railgun picture, looks awesome.

Confirmation of the sniper rifle's return (as if it was ever in doubt) is also nice.

So so far, in terms of returning weapons, we have (correct me if I'm wrong):

Human:
Pistol
AR
BR
DMR
Sniper Rifle
Rocket Launcher
Shotgun
Some kind of SMG equivalent (reload animation in first viddoc)

Covenant:
Plasma Pistol
Covenant Carbine
Energy Sword (but usable? Wouldn't mind it going the way of dual wielding tbh)
Plasma Rifle (but revamped as some kind of covenant assault rifle)

Apart from maybe the needler, I hope that's it in terms of returning weapons. I'd much rather the new (forerunner) sandbox be more fleshed out than be using the spartan laser, the focus rifle, the grenade launcher or the gravity hammer again.

I was lucky enough to score a 3day pass last week (just one, not into the whole scalping thing), a few of my friends who are going with me weren't so lucky. Hotels went fast, too! Last year I was lucky enough to have a kind Redditor sell me a Fri, Sat, Sun pass all for $100, so under cost - a week before PAX.

Oh well, it'll be a fun trip again this year from Alberta.

Looking for a room? lol

Also Its only screwing them out of $40 since they have to buy the passes individually now.

Sorry, but I already have a room set up for PAX. Friend of mine is using his Spartan Hilton Points to get us a cheap place nearby.

-------
Does anyone have experience getting PAX Media badges? How difficult are those to get? I've been thinking about increasing Bungie/343 coverage on my site, maybe do a bi-weekly news video...

Sai-kun

Banned
That picture...I want to quote it forever. I want to look away but I just can't.

Also hello GAF I missed you I was literally forced to SLEEP because I had nothing else to do. Ugh. Imagine that.

Btw. I'm looking for room share partner from Thursday till Monday. gonna book the room tomorrow I think. At least we should all stay at the same hotel?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So guys, next year we are gonna jump on those 3-day Passes as soon as they go up, kay? Can't leave any HaloGaffers behind!
If not next year, then I'll definitely go the summer before Halo 5's release. Which I'm assuming will be 2014.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
There's always a crap ton of scalpers outside of the convention center, if you want to go that route.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking if all other options fail. Some weren't too bad either relative to the online pricing, think I remember a guy doing singles for 60-80.

It's still a ripoff, but better than 200 bucks.

Also Ram, why aren't ya going this year?

lol - I thought you had to be ASKED to be on a panel. :)
lol. What should my panel be about?

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mi...ment-evolved-e3-media-briefing-live-on-spike/
“Xbox: Entertainment Evolved,” hosted by “GTTV's” Geoff Keighley, will telecast live from the USC's Galen Center in Los Angeles. During the event, Microsoft will offer an exclusive world premiere of Halo 4, as well as present brand-new looks at Forza Horizon, Fable: The Journey, and world premieres of the most anticipated games of 2012 and beyond from Microsoft Studios and third party publishers. In addition, Xbox will outline how it is working with leading content partners to bring entertainment to life in profound new ways that are only possible on Xbox 360.

In addition to airing on Spike TV, Viacom Media Networks and Xbox will make “Entertainment Evolved” available across a record number of digital platforms and screens, including a live broadcast on Xbox Live and a live, high-definition global video stream on the Internet, powered by the Akamai HD Network platform. The event will also air live in Times Square and will be streamed on Facebook, Twitter, mobile platforms, Spike.com, Xbox.com/E3 and more.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking if all other options fail. Some weren't too bad either relative to the online pricing, think I remember a guy doing singles for 60-80.

Last year a guy sold 3-day passes for $120. Not sure if he gets extra ones this year again.

Ramirez

Getting sick last time kind of soured the whole thing for me. Plus I hate flying & it's a ton of money, so yea.

lol - I thought you had to be ASKED to be on a panel. :)

No, you can just make them up.

I'll be hosting the following panels:

Paximizing Your Moffats: How to stalk convention celebrities.
When: Thursday, 8pm
Where: Duncan's hotel room.

The Blain Game: Issues in Contemporary Donging
When: Right before the Halo 4 panel.
Where: In the line for the Halo 4 panel.

Ramirez

Think I'm done with the OT, when a post about incest & naming a kitty can get 50x the posts of one about a serious illness, you know something's wrong in the world. :|

I do want to thank Frankie again though, that video was at 250 or so views yesterday, and now it's up to like 1,700.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

BLARG KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Think I'm done with the OT, when a post about incest & naming a kitty can get 50x the posts of one about a serious illness, you know something's wrong in the world. :|

I do want to thank Frankie again though, that video was at 250 or so views yesterday, and now it's up to like 1,700.

This is NeoGAF man that shit's bound to happen. At least your message got out more than it otherwise would have.

Elderscrolls MMO get hype (better not be a wow clone .. SW:TOR)

New Halo weapon on GI Hub Hype.

Once I had a son MMOs became impossible to bother with. Especially with how "perfectionist" I am when it comes to stuff like that.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian

I'm not really a huge fan either, so I'll extent my thanks to Frankie and the bulletin. Wouldn't have known otherwise.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Great, thanks to the pictures on this thread, half my team thinks I spend my day creating art for Frank O'Connor slashfic.

Top Bottom