• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawnling

You forgot the live twitter integration!

3MgRU.png

I hate the word Random. There is no such thing as random. The only instance of something that is random in the history of the universe is the big bang, and only because we don't know enough about it to prove otherwise.
When you say "random" in this context, it is still obviously deterministic, however in the case of weapon spawn times, I think the spawn time would be determined NOT by pseudo-random number generation, but either one of the following:
  • The spawn times are scripted on a map basis
  • The spawn times are determined based on team scores
Both of which can be memorized.

http://i.imgur.com/3MgRU.png
You unlock that at Field Marshall.

The problem with "pro" game-types is that they limit the sandbox, and maybe even AAs.
That's not what i want. Sure, they're occasionally fun but...
Base settings with no radar is the best IMO.

Hence the 'hope'. Hopefully the only differences are:
1- No personal ordnance
2- No radar

There are a couple of things lacking from the showfloor gameplay (stuff I wish I could see more of):
1. Longbow
2. Sticky Detonator
3. Needler

Edit: Also, given this discussion over weapon drops, I've given up trying to understand how they work in Halo 4. It's so confusing. I'll need to play.

Sniper shops approaching Ellis levels of win.

1) I did the last one in mspaint
2) Nowhere near the 'win factor' of the JEllis stuff. That was brilliant.

There are a couple of things lacking from the showfloor gameplay (stuff I wish I could see more of):
1. Longbow
2. Sticky Detonator
3. Needler
Definitely. I've only seen ~20s of Longbow gameplay, MLG pros are pathetically bad with the Sticky Detonator, and they refused to use the needler. Made me sad.

1. Longbow
2. Sticky Detonator
3. Needler

Edit: Also, given this discussion over weapon drops, I've given up trying to understand how they work in Halo 4. It's so confusing.

Needler is picked up in the first video Cyren linked.

The problem with "pro" game-types is that they limit the sandbox, and maybe even AAs.
That's not what i want. Sure, they're occasionally fun but...
Base settings with no radar is the best IMO.

Yea hoping 343 has at least one "pro" playlist. No ordnance drops, just weapons on map, with BR/DMR starts.

Woorloog

Banned
Yea hoping 343 has at least one "pro" playlist. No ordnance drops, just weapons on map, with BR/DMR starts.

That's exactly what i don't want. Base settings (including weapon drops, perks and so on), just no radar.
EDIT one big fault in Reach is that the lists differ too much from each other.

I just wonder how enhanced the other radar specilization really is? Bigger radar, smaller dots?

And in terms of the one you're talking about, yeah I don't really like it.
I don't like any kind of radar enhancement. Over the years, the Halo radar has become more and more detailed, and I just don't see a need to make it even more powerful.

3MgRU.png
Press X to retweet

Needler is picked up in the first video Cyren linked.
The one on Adrift or Haven? I said stuff that I think is "lacking," stuff that I want to see more of. I didn't say the Needler was never used, but in the two Gamespot videos he linked, nobody sticks with the Needler long enough to get a good sense at how it plays.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Sniper is cool, yall are dumb. Although, yeah, it takes up too much screen real estate.

And yes to vanilla no radar gametypes.

So this is an interesting thread at HBO:

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1143538

Hoovaloov noticed that if you play the Halo 4 video in the main banner ad on ESPN.com (make sure your adblocker is off ;) ), it takes over the screen, and displays some interesting stuff.

I pulled out the actual takeover file:

http://adsatt.espn.go.com/ad/sponsors/utilities/espn/halo4_microsoft/content_takeover14.swf

The text shown in various places is... odd.

These strings are in the SWF itself:

s et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur
So8ii aspoke qpdkv disofasddddddd
Cras mattis imperdiet est, quis pharetra sdr3
Curae; In tempor pulvinar felis in ves
Maecenas tincidunt vehicula est, vitae condim
imperdiet felis sit amet mauris dignissim
oque penatibus et magnis dis parturient r35
Curabitur sagittis quam vel nisl cas37 jj6-fdd
scelerisque faucibus. In auctor leo eu sapien
Ut sollicitudin neque
faucibus neque accumsan. Ut convallis sagittis
Proin suscipit malesuada elementum.
a justo. Vestibulum dapibus aliqu

These strings are displayed by one of the parts, reversed; I simply captured them and flipped the video to read them:

!diag proc 10
probe terminal proc 10
rogue proc 10
proc 7 8 9
linvntry terminal
thanksshk terminal
d!D@cT
!attach act drop
38XUI¶¶ aos . 299 .
clean !splotch control
!bite rogue pro 1 recurse
§200 sdkue
94. ssdd a s--------

Smarter people than me will need to figure out what it's all about. :)

:)

Tawpgun

1. Longbow
2. Sticky Detonator
3. Needler

Edit: Also, given this discussion over weapon drops, I've given up trying to understand how they work in Halo 4. It's so confusing. I'll need to play.

Sticky Detonator was seen plenty.

Too bad no one could get kills with it. Seems like a shit weapon to be honest. Completely defensive.

Weapons or power ups drop in? I don't see how it's confusing.
I don't understand how weapon drops work. It's probably because we've had to piece together stuff Frankie and Ellis have said, resulting in a mish-mash of information, but I'm sitting here past E3, after having seen gameplay videos, and I don't understand how the system works. Do they or do they not have random timers? How is it predictable?

Perhaps a bulletin going into great detail about how everything fits together would clear things up for me.

Overdoziz

Banned
I don't understand how weapon drops work. It's probably because we've had to piece together stuff Frankie and Ellis have said, resulting in a mish-mash of information, but I'm sitting here past E3, after having seen gameplay videos, and I don't understand how the system works. Do they or do they not have random timers? How is it predictable?

Perhaps a bulletin going into great detail about how everything fits together would clear things up for me.
MP vidoc.

Woorloog

Banned

lol, your avatar makes that so funny, somehow.
*"yup", and keeps eating popcorn*

Though i do not understand how the Chief can eat popcorn with helmet, but considering Shepard has no issues drinking with helmet on, i assume the Chief can eat without issues... somehow...

Vire

Fixes to the sniper:

1. Make it black, none of this brown grey bullshit

2. Make the scope smaller

3. Bring back the old sounds from Reach...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom