• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I think the tension is the best part of football. Every goal counts and at any moment either team can score. Often makes for nerve-wrecking moments.

I agree, there could be an interception or fumble on any play to turn a game completely around.

:p

Also, because I've only taken Spanish as a second language I don't call Soccer "football" I call it "Futbol."

Retro

How about 8:00 pm CST? Send a message to Heckfu on XBL (or someone else, I'll get another person with good maps for customs to be in charge if we have too many show up, but I'll figure that out later).

I'll probably suck (general suckage + being used to Reach controls), but I love pre-Reach Halo so I'm gonna try and get in on this. Too bad we can't play Halo 2, that was my favorite MP experience.

Sending message shortly. Sent.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Damn, didn't think about full friends lists.

Eh, if you have space or can make space, add it. If not, don't worry about it. As long as you have your team members on your friends list, it doesn't really matter.

Overdoziz

Banned
1) Football: 3.3-3.5 billion fans (Europe, Africa, Asia, Americas, etc.)
2) Cricket: 2-3 billion fans (India, UK, Pakistan, Asia, Australia, etc.)
3) Field hockey: 2-2.2 billion fans (Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia)
4) Tennis: Around 1 billion fans (Europe, Americas, Asia)
5) Volleyball: Around 900 million fans (Asia, Europe, Americas, Australia)
6) Table tennis: Around 900 million fans (Asia, Europe, Africa, Americas)
7) Baseball: Around 500 million fans (US, Japan, Cuba, Dominican Republic)
8) Golf: Around 400 million fans (US, Canada, Europe)
9) Gridiron (American football): 390-410 million fans (US mainly)
10) Basketball: Not more than 400 million fans (US, Canada mainly)

Deal with it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
My sports hierarchy:

1) NFL
2) College basketball
3) Golf

That's it.

I see why people like soccer, but it's just not for me. Doesn't help that I live in the States. Although I do watch the World Cup.

1) Football: 3.3-3.5 billion fans (Europe, Africa, Asia, Americas, etc.)
2) Cricket: 2-3 billion fans (India, UK, Pakistan, Asia, Australia, etc.)
3) Field hockey: 2-2.2 billion fans (Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia)
4) Tennis: Around 1 billion fans (Europe, Americas, Asia)
5) Volleyball: Around 900 million fans (Asia, Europe, Americas, Australia)
6) Table tennis: Around 900 million fans (Asia, Europe, Africa, Americas)
7) Baseball: Around 500 million fans (US, Japan, Cuba, Dominican Republic)
8) Golf: Around 400 million fans (US, Canada, Europe)
9) Gridiron (American football): 390-410 million fans (US mainly)
10) Basketball: Not more than 400 million fans (US, Canada mainly)

Deal with it.
Looks like no single fuck was given.

Fracas

#fuckonami
1) College Football
2) Soccer
3) NFL

Is there a team list that I'm missing Fracas? I'd like to see how things matched up.

About to start ranking people, going to designate team captains tonight.

I'm still thinking about how to decide captains. Probably going to pick players that are in the middle, skill wise. Maybe pick captains from all skill ranges. Not sure.

I take it back, Curling is more boring than baseball.

I'm still thinking about how to decide captains. Probably going to pick players that are in the middle, skill wise. Maybe pick captains from all skill ranges. Not sure.

Captains should be the most active people in thread honestly. That way they can get their team together.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Oh please. Even when they are doing something in soccer, it's just passing around the field.

I don't even like soccer, but that sport is one of the most strenuous activities you can do. You're always doing something. I remember reading awhile ago that just the referees run like 12 miles each game.

CyReN

Sports
  1. NFL
  2. NHL
  3. NBA
  4. Soccer
  5. MLB
  6. Bowling
  7. Golf

Because it's lower doesn't mean I don't like it at all btw, I love watching the Eurocup this year (and past).

789shadow

Banned
I don't even like soccer, but that sport is one of the most strenuous activities you can do. You're always doing something. I remember reading awhile ago that just the referees run like 12 miles each game.
They aren't doing anything from where I am sitting on my ass in front of the TV.

heckfu

Banned
1) Nani gets grazed on thigh
2) Nani goes down clutching shin, covered by shinguard
3) Ronaldo free kick
4) Gui touches himself

Fracas

#fuckonami
CyReN, this is a weird question, but how comfortable are you with normal Reach settings?

I'm looking at your stats, and I'm confused. I know you play MLG, and I don't know how I'd rank you in a pool of non-MLG players.

edit: not vanilla Reach, just to make clear. Just current TU. If I can find the original TU (85% w/bleedthrough), I'll use it.

Risen

I'm not sure making the best players captains is the best. The first two or three captains will be pretty top heavy if you are giving them their choice.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm not sure making the best players captains is the best. The first two or three captains will be pretty top heavy if you are giving them their choice.

That's what I was thinking.

Probably going to pick a combination of mid-tier players, as well as people everyone in this thread knows/likes playing with.

ElRenoRaven

Why bother with anything but the playoffs? NHL, and for that matter NBA and MLB, play far too many regular season games for them to be worth anything.

Because why does anyone watch any sport. They enjoy the back and forth and the competitive nature of it. I actually like Hockey having a lot of games each season. Gives me plenty to watch. The one thing I don't like is that most of the Hockey season overlaps with NBA and as a result I get to watch very little of my favorite hockey team due to the Fox Sports here being the official television home of our local NBA team and I'm not going to pay 150 bucks a year to watch just one team.

Risen

CyReN, this is a weird question, but how comfortable are you with normal Reach settings?

I'm looking at your stats, and I'm confused. I know you play MLG, and I don't know how I'd rank you in a pool of non-MLG players.

edit: not vanilla Reach, just to make clear. Just current TU. If I can find the original TU (85% w/bleedthrough), I'll use it.

She is definitely the worst girl on the site and will drag down any team she is on.

CyReN

The only thing I dislike in Halo Reach is Zombies.

H2 Zombies on Foundation >

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom