• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

You said you didn't like the legendary ending? Wut?

I didn't like that the game A) did such a poor job answering questions and concluding the trilogy and then B) tacked on a cliff-hanger to boot. I feel like it didn't end the trilogy well at all from a narrative stand point; the Legendary ending was basically, "But wait, there's more!" on top of it.

Of course, if 343 is able to pay that off, given that it's the launching point for their entire new trilogy, then all is forgiven (even if that wasn't Bungie's intent).

Fuchsdh

I think they're leading up to an Inheritor situation. The Forerunners are decimated, in part due to their own shirking of the Mantle (Faber) and their own hubris. The Primordial's plan is seen through, in effect--though the Flood are stopped, humanity takes the reins as Reclaimers and the Forerunners (mostly) recede.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I think they're leading up to an Inheritor situation. The Forerunners are decimated, in part due to their own shirking of the Mantle (Faber) and their own hubris. The Primordial's plan is seen through, in effect--though the Flood are stopped, humanity takes the reins as Reclaimers and the Forerunners (mostly) recede.

Flood aren't stopped. Not likely.

As much as most people don't want to fight the flood... They are probably going to become an even more powerful force (never seen before) through halo 5 and 6

Unless you mean stopped at the end of the trilogy

Vire

This seems more plausible considering the name of the new series is the Reclaimer Trilogy...

Fuchsdh

Flood aren't stopped. Not likely.

As much as most people don't want to fight the flood... They are probably going to become an even more powerful force (never seen before) through halo 5 and 6

Oh, they aren't stopped. I was talking about historically. The Forerunner's plan was successful, and the Flood were wiped out.

In the games I always thought it was stupid that they kept specimens for study, but with the H3/CEA terminals and now the Forerunner trilogy I think they made a good case for why they kept them--it was far from clear that they were doing much beyond staving off the threat for a new generation (humanity) to fight... especially if the Gravemind/Flood collective consciousness is held in slipspace as they've heavily hinted.

Computron

ij5Nl5UaUvUoo.png

Look at that for a minute. Consider it.
Still seems weird to have a number that high.
What else are they gonna name it though?

I like that bit because while I'm only lightly educated on the language of cinema (that one college film studies class), I often see scenes that feel 'off' for reasons I can't quite articulate. That sequence is one of them - much of Nolan's work is similar in that regard - and that piece helped me understand why.

I can understand if people don't like Nolan's action sequences, but I couldn't get even halfway through that guy's criticisms. He actually complains that there isn't a static 2 shot to set up the interior of truck. A static 2 shot...in a suspense/action sequence.

Also, in a movie about changing morals/two-sides-to-a-coin/ChaosVsOrder he complains about shots feeling like they are reverse shots and/or are breaking the 180 degree rule. THAT'S THE JOKE POINT.

I skipped ahead a bit and immediately he complained about the shot in which the Joker is introduced into the sequence...one of my favorite shots in the movie...and he says it should've been skipped in order to get to the next shot faster. The next shot he's talking about is an overhead establishing shot of the city streets.

If this was 1925 and the guy was having trouble following the sequence I could understand, but The Dark Knight was made for audiences that were raised on movies.

Again, I have issues with Nolan's movies (specifically the various sub-plots in TDK) and there are valid criticisms for his action scenes IF you are approaching the movie strictly as an action/adventure movie, but the complaints listed above are both nit-picky and myopic.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Dear Gray Man,

That avatar isn't any less creepy as the previous. Please try again. Might I suggest cartoons or cats.

Sincerely,
Ryaaan14

Fuchsdh

Also, in a movie about changing morals/two-sides-to-a-coin/ChaosVsOrder he complains about shots feeling like they are reverse shots and/or are breaking the 180 degree rule. THAT'S THE JOKE POINT.

No, it's really not. That's like the people who say that the trees that move in "The Shining" are because Kubrick was trying to imply the garden maze coming to life like in the book. No, not really. It was a continuity error caused by shooting at different locations.

Nolan and his editor didn't violate the 180 degree rule because they were doing some great "duality of man" thing with their editing. They just messed up.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Dear Plywood,

Wolves suck. And your avatar makes something that already sucks look even worse. I hope you eat a meal before bed and it is absolutely awful, and I hope your sleep is filled with nightmares.

Best Regards,
Ryaaan14

Is it imperative that when going in solo all of the rest of your team must be dipshits or something? Is there some memo I missed? Am I on some shit list?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dear Ryaaan14,

I hope you have a wonderful night of sleep. I hope you meet a beautiful woman and she makes you happy. I hope you have children together. I hope you achieve everything in life that you want too. Then I hope you stub your toe you fucking prick. Shuddup bitch.

With love,
Plywood.

.shin

Banned
Says "why would you hesitate to do what you've already done?"

Also "Last time, you asked me, if it was my choice, would I do it? Having had considerable time to ponder your query, my answer has not changed. There is no choice. We must activate the ring." <--- this links master chief to 343 to some time... But it needs explanation

Only 2 known people pre halo fired a halo ring. Didact is one of them

There's a huge hole in the conversation, in Primordium, 343 says the last time he talked to the Didact, it was when he became the monitor, and that was way before the Halo's were fired. The conversation you gave was probably with someone else.

Nolan and his editor didn't violate the 180 degree rule because they were doing some great "duality of man" thing with their editing. They just messed up.

If they messed up then why not just reverse the film? Some obscure backwards letters on a SWAT guy's uniform (which could be CGI'd to look normal) seem like a less egregious mistake than confusing the audience with 180 degree rule breaks. Why would they put that mistake in when there are easy solutions to the problem (not to mention re-shooting that interior would've been a piece of cake relatively speaking)?

I've watched that sequence 4 times, once recently, and I never thought "wow, this is confusing".

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Is it imperative that when going in solo all of the rest of your team must be dipshits or something? Is there some memo I missed? Am I on some shit list?
Trueskill has seen your positive k/d and high wins vs. losses ratio, they know you can carry those scrubs to a victory they haven't experienced since they've bought the game last year.

wwm0nkey

There's a huge hole in the conversation, in Primordium, 343 says the last time he talked to the Didact, it was when he became the monitor, and that was way before the Halo's were fired. The conversation you gave was probably with someone else.

Well we do have the Ur-Didact too.

Ugh so much speculation, I want to play the singe player so badly!

(Thank you for not showing a lot of SP 343!)

Trueskill has seen your positive k/d and high wins vs. losses ratio, they know you can carry those scrubs to a victory they haven't experienced since they've bought the game last year.

I can't even carry people to victories anymore my team mates are so fucking inept. I just get angry and quit or betray someone who shoots at me till I'm booted.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Dear Plywood,

I lol'd, and for that I can look past these petty differences. I withdraw my previous request for you to have a poor meal followed by nightmares. I have revisited your prior request for Gray Man to ignore me, and concluded that you were just flirting with me.

Yours Truly,
Ryaaan14

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Er 343 GS says he last observed didact with the librarian on the ark

No hole. Not yet.

Gray Man

Banned
Dear Gray Man,

That avatar isn't any less creepy as the previous. Please try again. Might I suggest cartoons or cats.

Sincerely,
Ryaaan14

Dear Gray man,

Ignore Ryaaan14.

Sincerely,
Plywood

Dear Ryaaan14,

I hope you have a wonderful night of sleep. I hope you meet a beautiful woman and she makes you happy. I hope you have children together. I hope you achieve everything in life that you want too. Then I hope you stub your toe you fucking prick. Shuddup bitch.

With love,
Plywood.

Goodnight Ryaaan14,

totheark-d-o.gif

Sleep tight.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I can't even carry people to victories anymore my team mates are so fucking inept. I just get angry and quit or betray someone who shoots at me till I'm booted.
I almost refuse to go in solo as of late it just blows my mind how I can get matched up with people who have 10 games or less under their belt at times or have my team be stacked with guests. It's just ridiculous at this point.
Dear Plywood,

I lol'd, and for that I can look past these petty differences. I withdraw my previous request for you to have a poor meal followed by nightmares. I have revisited your prior request for Gray Man to ignore me, and concluded that you were just flirting with me.

Yours Truly,
Ryaaan14
(^-^*)/&#65402;&#65437;&#65409;&#65388;!

I almost refuse to go in solo as of late it just blows my mind how I can get matched up with people who have 10 games or less under their belt at times or have my team be stacked with guests. It's just ridiculous at this point.

(^-^*)/&#65402;&#65437;&#65409;&#65388;!

First game in, idiots vote for prisoner against a full group. One quits right off the bat. I was 1:1 for a while but I knew where it was going since they started the spawn loop. Said "no fuck this" and quit.

Next game my team mates are just as inept and it's CTF. Literally doing all of the work. Team mate decides to whack me like an asshole. Spent the rest of the game betraying him on the last round till I got booted.

Quit for the night after that because really what's the point.

Ken

First game in, idiots vote for prisoner against a full group. One quits right off the bat. I was 1:1 for a while but I knew where it was going since they started the spawn loop. Said "no fuck this" and quit.

Next game my team mates are just as inept and it's CTF. Literally doing all of the work. Team mate decides to whack me like an asshole. Spent the rest of the game betraying him on the last round till I got booted.

Quit for the night after that because really what's the point.

Reach
ruining nights

So I've been playing Halo 3 all night.

Played a couple matches on Boundless, enjoyed it.

I'd like to thank Reach for giving me true perspective on what makes a bad map.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I need that first Halo 2 cut scene dialog that someone here did in the HaloGAF flavor. Link that now! Thanks <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom