• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LD2k

Neo Member
BTB Betrayals like this def. deserve boots.

I love leading teams and getting 1 stupid betrayal like this and then getting booted out of the game. Nevermind that Wraith kept killing my teammates which tied up the game in the first place after being up 20.

Halo 4, can't wait the BTB matches to come back to it's glory days :(

Are regulars putting Juniors on Ignore? It's just a question because it seems like there is definitely animosity towards new Juniors. I want to be an actual part of this community, and I see why there is some skepticism towards us Juniors after the way some come in here, disrespect Regulars, post a few times then leave, or flat out imitate Regulars. . Just hear me out though, not all Juniors are created equal.

You're acting like a clown, what's the point in having a conversation with that? First you say that 99% of people hate it, then you say ALL signs point to it being shit. That's incongruent and made up statistics at its finest. I can handle naysayers that have concrete figures, but made up shit is lame.

You know what the funny thing is, you call me a clown yet you're being a true hypocrite. Just because your friends have played it and said it won't be broken based on a few games means they're right?

What about all the MLG gameplay we've seen that we can draw our OWN conclusions and what about all the "pro" players saying it's OP? Did you not even bother reading my post where I point to ways how it's OP? What are YOUR points to prove otherwise?

Please explain to me how a Hologram is a counter to knowing where everyone is at all times? Please, go ahead.. I'll wait. Same goes for any other AA.

it-pennywise-basement.jpg

-waiting-

Ken

Are regulars putting Juniors on Ignore? It's just a question because it seems like there is definitely animosity towards new Juniors. I want to be an actual part of this community, and I see why there is some skepticism towards us Juniors after the way some come in here, disrespect Regulars, post a few times then leave, or flat out imitate Regulars. . Just hear me out though, not all Juniors are created equal.

I don't but it seems like some juniors try too hard to be accepted like with cheesy introductions and pandering to the wolf pack thingy. I never took a survey or introduced myself when I was approved; I just sat around and posted as if I was here the entire time.

I don't but it seems like some juniors try too hard to be accepted like with cheesy introductions and pandering to the wolf pack thingy. I never took a survey or introduced myself when I was approved; I just sat around and posted as if I was here the entire time.

I totally agree. It's just that the weeks leading up to my approval, I saw the initial rush of Juniors come in and not handle their first days very well. Seems like the Junior tag is not something that anyone wants to see right now. I joined Neogaf to be a part of HaloGAF, I want to be part of this diverse community, and it sucks that other Juniors have created this bad atmosphere in here.

Ken

I totally agree. It's just that the weeks leading up to my approval, I saw the initial rush of Juniors come in and not handle their first days very well. Seems like the Junior tag is not something that anyone wants to see right now. I joined Neogaf to be a part of HaloGAF, I want to be part of this diverse community, and it sucks that other Juniors have created this bad atmosphere in here.

Don't worry about it.

This whole junior thing with the members is a mountain out of a molehill IMO. What are we, in high school? We're all equals here and all share an equal opinion. Cheesie introductions are a one time thing and I haven't seen more than a couple wolfpack comments from new juniors over the tons of pages since this new "flood" of juniors.

Let's all move past such tedious titles. We're all people on a forum with the same privileges, junior or not.

if you post well in here, you'll be welcomed pretty well. If you jump in like you've always been here and everyone knows you and you think you know everyone else you're going to have a bad time.

heckfu

Banned

Who I choose to ignore or not literally has zero impact from member status. Don't worry about the title and just post like a normal person and you'll be fine. The best way to get to know people in here isn't by posting the funniest or coolest shit, it's by playing with people and getting to know them on XBL. Everyone was a junior at some point (except Barrow Roll and Juices) and probably has their own tip for how to become integrated in here but that's mine.

I've been here nearing 3 months, but I feel the same way. People just seem to flat out ignore everything I post.

Lately, there is no way to thoroughly read everyone's posts. With the great junior wave that seems to not stop over the past couple weeks adding to this thread's already rapid pace, and the thread moves at absurd speeds. No member, junior or no, should feel personally slighted when people don't directly reply to their posts when the thread is moving like this. Most posts in this thread don't get quoted, direct replies.

The drunk dude you took your avatar from.

lol

Seriously though.

Who I choose to ignore or not literally has zero impact from member status. Don't worry about the title and just post like a normal person and you'll be fine. The best way to get to know people in here isn't by posting the funniest or coolest shit, it's by playing with people and getting to know them on XBL. Everyone was a junior at some point (except Barrow Roll and Juices) and probably has their own tip for how to become integrated in here but that's mine.
All true wolves have had their once junior status stricken from all records.

I've been here nearing 3 months, but I feel the same way. People just seem to flat out ignore everything I post.

Honestly, I think everyone here has felt that way at some point. There are so many posts, it is hard to keep track.

Ignored.

heckfu.gif

Lately, there is no way to thoroughly read everyone's posts. With the great junior wave that seems to not stop over the past couple weeks adding to this thread's already rapid pace, and the thread moves at absurd speeds. No member, junior or no, should feel personally slighted when people don't directly reply to their posts when the thread is moving like this. Most posts in this thread don't get quoted, direct replies.

lol

Seriously though.

All true wolves have had their once junior status stricken from all records.
Are wolves neutered/spayed?

Havok

It's a meritocracy like any other, don't make stupid posts and everything's good. You've been doing fine. Other's haven't. It happens with every wave, and some waves are better than others. I mean, look at it this way. Probably over half the people who dominate this thread now have been here for maybe two years, which isn't as long as it sounds. Everybody starts somewhere.
This is good advice. Forget about the survey, just engage in discussions that interest you and you'll either gel with the group or you won't. Good posts and posters will float to the top eventually, or they'll force their way there if they're not that good. Be the former, not the latter. Also, playing with regular folks helps.

Now I just need to actually play Halo with HaloGAF :p

Thanks for the post BTW, should seem obvious to Juniors to just act normally and ease their way in.

I don't do it tons, but I also think its a good idea to read and post in some others parts of GAF.

I am actually going to start doing that, I just need to find topics that interest me. All of you have been very helpful answering my questions, thanks very much :)

Honestly, I think everyone here has felt that way at some point. There are so many posts, it is hard to keep track.

Ignored.

heckfu.gif

Are wolves neutered/spayed?

I feel neutered after that custom. Let's make a rule from now on that if I'm host, you can't be on the opposing team. Either that or start playing that well in MM more often...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's true that some people hold animosity towards juniors, but many others (including me) are just a bit dismayed to see so many juniors at once. It's like being at a party when a flood of strangers arrive -- it's hard to find your friends, the new people are trying too hard to fit in, they don't understand your inside jokes, etc. Don't worry too much about it. Just continue to participate in the community, be reasonably friendly, and you'll eventually be more widely accepted.

Joining in on some games with us helps, too. :)

Lately, there is no way to thoroughly read everyone's posts. With the great junior wave that seems to not stop over the past couple weeks adding to this thread's already rapid pace, and the thread moves at absurd speeds. No member, junior or no, should feel personally slighted when people don't directly reply to their posts when the thread is moving like this. Most posts in this thread don't get quoted, direct replies..
I'm not trying to imply people have something personal against me. I'm not a part of the recent junior influx, and I certainly see how that has put strain on keeping up with this thread. I feel that I'm pretty selective with my choice of when to post (except after drinking), so I feel a little discouraged when I can't seem to spark any discussion after what I perceive to be a thoughtful post.

I feel neutered after that custom. Let's make a rule from now on that if I'm host, you can't be on the opposing team. Either that or start playing that well in MM more often...

My sniping was atrocious, but I tried to play logically instead of running around haphazardly. That and 100% bloom.

Sai-kun

Banned
I'm not trying to imply people have something personal against me. I'm not a part of the recent junior influx, and I certainly see how that has put strain on keeping up with this thread. I feel that I'm pretty selective with my choice of when to post (except after drinking), so I feel a little discouraged when I can't seem to spark any discussion after what I perceive to be a thoughtful post.

It happens when threads move so fast.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Post often enough until you're the only voice.

Total Posts: 29,939 (26.28 posts per day)

Can't miss an opportunity to plug your Twitch, eh?

No. I just thought it was interesting to see you of all people here. I even linked to the highlight and haven't even mentioned the channel directly. Learn to laugh at yourself or don't act like that online, man.

My sniping was atrocious, but I tried to play logically instead of running around haphazardly. That and 100% bloom.

As did I...for a while. However, I suppose, some of what I thought might have been no scopes were just bloom failing to hurt you :/

I understand the bad atmosphere that veteran members have felt being in the Halo threads with new Juniors. HaloGaf, to me is something I've been following and enjoyed (not stalking) for awhile.

I've felt welcomed since I was approved earlier today. And if I happened to annoy anyone, well, I'll try to avoid doing so and use it for future reference.

Please. Spare this Junior.
For Now. Haha *UsedAsCanonFodder*

Just stick with it. I think it's mostly a case of the thread moving way too fast, and I will say that it's probable that most of the regular members here gravitate towards discussing with members that they are familiar with and interact with often be it consciously or subconsciously.
Nothing but wood.

tumblr_ljm4i0GvMK1qdf6w8o1_250.gif

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ehh I got no real problem with juniors I just can't believe how many new ones we've had recently. Seriously like 20

I understand the bad atmosphere that veteran members have felt being in the Halo threads with new Juniors. HaloGaf, to me is something I've been following and enjoyed (not stalking) for awhile.

I've felt welcomed since I was approved earlier today. And if I happened to annoy anyone, well, I'll try to avoid doing so and use it for future reference.

Please. Spare this Junior.
For Now. Haha *UsedAsCanonFodder*

You're so annoying. ;)

This is my perspective. New people want to fit in immediately, I know I did. Some people try to force themselves into the group and end coming off as annoying and artificial.

When I first joined everyone seemed to dislike me, mostly due to my old avatar. Now about 3 people on here like me. It took some time. They guy who disliked me the most, well, we ended up becoming boyfwend and gurlfwend, heckfu.gif. The rest is history.

Just be yourself, get involved, and be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom