• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What question am I dodging? Who tiptoes around developers?

What, you want me to go back through thousands of pages of threads and come up with names? Across all the Halo forums of the internet and at Halo events where people have interacted with the developers to list some names to you? No thanks, I think I'll stick to having you guys totally shut me down by saying I tiptoe around giving answers.

You're completely right. I know now you are just full of hot air. You just make these big statements and can't even name a single name to aid your opinion. Pretty baseless but at least I can respect it for what it is; Baseless.

BigShow36

You're completely right. I know now you are just full of hot air. You just make these big statements and can't even name a single name to aid your opinion. Pretty baseless but at least I can respect it for what it is; Baseless.

Yes, let's pretend people don't mince their words when talking to developers because I won't name names. That's a great way to approach this.

We've all slurped at one point or another.

Nope, since I won't name names, no one has ever slurped ever.

ODST was cool, I just get so lost in that hub world. No idea where to go sometimes

I agree. My old CRT tv had horrible contrast settings I couldn't change so everything was soooo much darker all the time.

I always enjoyed getting to the 'earlier' missions that took part during that day.

Overdoziz

Banned
I do not even like it for the atmosphere. It has some pretty good encounters.
Disagreed. I played through it on Legendary the past 2 days and gameplay-wise I don't think it's all that great. The parts on Mombasa Streets are the best when you're just walking around in the dark with the great music in the background. The flashback missions are nothing note-worthy in my opinion. The game shines during the night with the great atmosphere but other than that it falls flat. Can't get over how beautiful the game looks at night without having VISR on. Great lighting. Then you play ONI Alpha Site or Uplift Reserve and it's just one big brown drab.

I am thinking Dax is talking about Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST. Reach is a good campaign still.
Indeed.

I usually avoid drive-by posts like that because they're not fruitful to discussion, but I thought the response I quoted was inappropriate. Another man's trash - as BigShow seems to think of Halo 3, ODST, and Reach - is another man's treasure. Opinions and all that, but he seems intent on posting in a style that, to me, says, "My opinion is the only one that matters."

I think of it as free advice for 343.
Biased advice.

What I think of their progression so far:
Halo 4 testing of Sp, SpOps, War Games, Forge.
Infinity.com websites
What Frankie has said a few days ago in investing their time for every events to have 343 bring a playable build.

You sir, aren't appreciative of their passion to bring us a newer halo game.

Why not give unbiased criticism to better the MP if there are problems in the game? That sounds to be more helpful towards the community. But I'm not saying you should, just my opinion of a better perspective.

Yes, let's pretend people don't mince their words when talking to developers because I won't name names. That's a great way to approach this.

Nope, since I won't name names, no one has ever slurped ever.

Is there some moral reason you won't name a single name from a group of posters you can't abide by? I mean, you must have a few names floating around.

Am I a slurper?

Couldn't you just have named me if you thought I was one? I don't see the need to hide behind your blanket statement.

Because when you don't name names, it makes me feel as though you really don't think people are pussyfooting around the devs and that peope just like the game, unlike you, which is totally ok to believe.

Homeboyd

Yeah, they don't care about them. That's why they brought them in for every TU they did, and spent money and man hours giving them a playlist in both online games they had and even let them continually update it within reason.

I don't know how Bungie is supposed to be able to care more than that. They were at maximum care.
Bungie: Maximum Cares Given

Can you crouch while carrying a turret?
I honestly don't know the answer to this question.

Can't check now, but I MAY have 4.6 kills with the mounted turret in Reach MP. I think I've seen it being used in maybe 14 games out of 23564563456246246345634565247.

Can't check now, but I MAY have 4.6 kills with the mounted turret in Reach MP. I think I've seen it being used in maybe 14 games out of 23564563456246246345634565247.

This thought process probably went through whoever was asked the orginal HLS question that time. Was it Kevin Franklin?

It'd have to be before November. No way Reach will get an update on the same day 4 comes out, which it would if it somehow got a November update.

So basically we have (maybe) August, September, and October for updates left at this point. If 343 updates Reach past September, it'll be the first Halo game to get playlist updates after the next Halo game came out.

My guess is it will come in October and will just be retiring a few playlists.

BigShow36

Is there some moral reason you won't name a single name from a group of posters you can't abide by? I mean, you must have a few names floating around.

Am I a slurper?

Couldn't you just have named me if you thought I was one? I don't see the need to hide behind your blanket statement.

Because when you don't name names, it makes me feel as though you really don't think people are pussyfooting around the devs and that peope just like the game, unlike you, which is totally ok to believe.

Let me revise my original statement; I can't abide when people criticise me for not mincing my words around developers.

You want a name? Fine; BigShow36.

About 10 years ago, when I first started taking a hard look at what made Halo games work and not work, I was incredibly diplomatic and even softened some of my opinions when talking to developers because I thought it would help. It didn't.

There's your name. There is absolutely nothing to gain by naming other people. I don't know if you do it; I don't keep a tally of everyone's posts on here.

But anyway, this is getting ridiculous. Back to discussing all the new Halo 4 info.

Bungie: Maximum Cares Given

My question is, why the hell would you even want to crouch with a turret or HLS?

FyreWulff

My guess is it will come in October and will just be retiring a few playlists.

If there was only one more update coming out I'd actually predict September. Because the update would be tested in August.

An October update would be built in September, which is when Halo 4 should approximately be in super-crunch.

lilty

yep. tried watching on my phone but the stream is all weird, playing in fast forward so I just have it up on my computer

It's been decent. There haven't been many close games though except the series between Turtles and Echelon. Other than that it's just been pros beating up on AMs.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
This thought process probably went through whoever was asked the orginal HLS question that time. Was it Kevin Franklin?

That is the point I was trying to make.

And to make it ever more obvious to those following to conversational thread, you can't crouch while using hardlight shield.

BigShow36

That is the point I was trying to make.

And to make it ever more obvious to those following to conversational thread, you can't crouch while using hardlight shield.

What happens when you're crouching and press the hardlight button?

Is there a different animation to stand up and then activate? Is there a delay? Does the game explode?

so how long until we have Squad Slayer back?

I've done some calculations, if we continue the reversal of the breakdown of playlist updates without radically altering the physical space they occupy and performed with pinpoint, peculiar precision, the singular and significant selection of the Squad Slayer save state should safely be seen soon on...

November 6th

*adjust glasses*

Complaining that the jackals look different in this game is like complaining that different artists have drawn Batman's utility belt differently.

Oddball swordbase!
JARP9.gif

If there was only one more update coming out I'd actually predict September. Because the update would be tested in August.

An October update would be built in September, which is when Halo 4 should approximately be in super-crunch.

Well it's August now and Frankie implied no updates in the next few months. Which would mean Aug and Sep. I hope you're right though.

Complaining that the jackals look different in this game is like complaining that different artists have drawn Batman's utility belt differently.
Bit of an Exagguration there, but if this was the first time someone was taking over Batman and they changed Crocodile to A Turtle, then yes I'd be complaining.

Also: it is isn't a relaunch, it's a direct continuation. Never mind that it isn't common for video games so we're less used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom