• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, I began to like Kat at the end of the level :p. But there was no real connection. I mean in Deus Ex (spoiler for the game incoming)
When Malik, your pilot, died, I was really ****ed of. I was trying to kill as few people as possible but I just went berserk on the guys who just killed her. That's the connection I want to feel to characters in a game

Did the same thing, (the beserk part) except
I reloaded to do it and managed to save her. (without knowing it was possible)

FyreWulff

Fracas, you're right. That gametype is bugged!

In a game, by myself:

If you spawn with the NR or DMR, it's 100% bloom.

If you pick up an NR or DMR after you spawn, it's 85%.

If you switch weapons, the bloom goes to 85%.

What. the. fuck.

edit: if you keep switching weapons, it randomly puts them at either 100% or 85%.

In a game, by myself:

What. the. fuck.

edit: if you keep switching weapons, it randomly puts them at either 100% or 85%.

Bringing random to a whole new level.

Computron

Did the same thing, (the beserk part) except
I reloaded to do it and managed to save her. (without knowing it was possible)

Same.

These RPG games are the type of things I would be interested in seeing stats for. I'm sure dev's collect info on the decisions people make, but I wonder about the meta game stats and how people choose to accept the game, knowing its a game and that they can change their actions.

Things like how long people think about certain decisions or if they reload a save seem like they can be a indication of a good story and game.

In a game, by myself:

What. the. fuck.

Is this in a playlist?

FyreWulff

Bringing random to a whole new level.

Yeah, this is strange as hell.

Same.

These RPG games are the type of things I would be interested in seeing stats for. I'm sure dev's collect info on the decisions people make, but I wonder about the meta game stats and how people choose to accept the game, knowing its a game and that they can change their actions.

Things like how long people think about certain decisions or if they reload a save seem like they can be a indication of a good story and game.

Is this in a playlist?

Fracas got it from playing in Objective, I think.

I put up a film demonstrating the bug. If someone could capture this and upload it to Youtube, that'd be awesome.

http://halo.xbox.com/en-US/haloreac...=&SortBy=&view-select=Tile&tags=&startIndex=0

it's the recent TU Team Oddball gametype. NR is always fired with the trigger held down.

Same.

Is this in a playlist?
TBH, I did feel like I cheated myself of the experience a little bit. I did the same thing during the suicide mission in Mass Effect 2 actually. The problem is that I know I can fix things by going back in time, but I would probably subconsciously appreciate a game preventing me from loading to a time before any big decisions are made.

Computron

TBH, I did feel like I cheated myself of the experience a little bit. I did the same thing during the suicide mission in Mass Effect 2 actually. The problem is that I know I can fix things by going back in time, but I would probably subconsciously appreciate a game preventing me from loading to a time before any big decisions are made.

I felt the same way about the Spec Ops the line.

Do any RPGs actually have something like that?

If my internet posts bother you that much, please click the ignore button in my profile. I apologize that my internet posts have caused such agony in your undoubtedly busy days, but I will not be changing my posts to make you feel better. Thanks!

Reach time people. Juices get on. gt: jelyk

Will do.

Let's flip this around shall we?

If the Internet posts of people who stifle halo conversation bother you that much, please click the ignore button on their profile and stop hypocritically acting the same fuckin way and get off their dick with your slurp shit.

Ramirez

Bloom is client-side.

Fracas, could you upload the broken bloom gametype to your FS?

edit: wait actually I can just get it from the film clip you posted

Are you trying to say that bloom isn't affected by a poor connection? Why can hosts spam and land shots?

Kyle drives another member to the edge, lol.

Are you trying to say that bloom isn't affected by a poor connection? Why can hosts spam and land shots?

All the bloom calculation is done on the players side. Its then submitted. Its why you can basically dominate in SWAT with a laggy connection and get tons of trade kills.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

I find it harder to play on host with bloom. Apparently bloom reset is slower on host. Just what I heard. Never did the test myself.

Ramirez

I find it harder to play on host with bloom. Apparently bloom reset is slower on host. Just what I heard. Never did the test myself.

I like how host feels in Reach, I seem to die quicker, but all of my shots land, grenades have no delay on a throw, and stuff like the nade launcher destroys on host.

Fuchsdh

Good games Kittens, Xand, Franklin and co. Who knew playing MLG could be fun!

EDIT: Good god the ice cream truck that comes through my neighborhood freaks me out every time I hear it. Something about tinny children's music being played from a slow-moving van bothers the hell out of me.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I like how host feels in Reach, I seem to die quicker, but all of my shots land, grenades have no delay on a throw, and stuff like the nade launcher destroys on host.

Pro Pipe is godly on host. Probably the weapon in Reach where host advantage is largest.

kylej

Banned
If the Internet posts of people who stifle halo conversation bother you that much, please click the ignore button on their profile and stop hypocritically acting the same fuckin way and get off their dick with your slurp shit.

Yes it is preposterous to get annoyed at people who stifle Halo discussion in a Halo discussion thread. Good logic. Please make a gif about today's events. Thanks!

Get online Mr. Ramirez.

In a game, by myself:

What. the. fuck.

Wow, as I mentioned earlier I've had my suspicions about this for some but always forgot about it after the game ended. It happens in Elite Slayer fairly often actually.

I find DMRing easier on host but sniping harder. The bullets on an off-host sniper feel 'fatter' to me and Ninja claims the hitbox's are bigger too. All preference though, I know some here swear by on-host sniping. The biggest advantage on-host are with the melees.

Computron

Yes it is preposterous to get annoyed at people who stifle Halo discussion in a Halo discussion thread. Good logic. Please make a gif about today's events. Thanks!

What you are describing is my and a lot of other people's situation with you, you hypocrite. Has that not caught up to you yet?

FyreWulff

Yeah, that's the pro and cons of being host. Pro: your shots are more reliable since you are the authoritive box. Con: Since your box is creating everyone else's shots, they're also more authoritive than a client shooting at a client from the shooter's perspective... can't think of a better word to describe it. Not having a grenade delay is definite for sure, since the host box creates everyone's grenades when they press the trigger, so when you throw them, they are in fact created instantly instead of whatever ms of ping afterwards.

tl;dr usual slight host advantage

willow ve

Anyone else having matchmaking problems? Ever since I downloaded the beta for the new Dashboard I've been getting weird errors in multiplayer games. Maps will load and then the game will hang until I'm booted to menu. Or sometimes it will freeze completely and I'll have to reload the dashboard.

In other, single player, games I get random popups saying things like "the gamer profile couldn't be accessed" ....

Wondering if it's XBL associated or this new dashboard preview.

heckfu

Banned
Are people really doing the whole anti-Kyle rants again?
*looks at watch*
Well, I guess it is that time of the month again.

I really wish I could play objective this weekend but heading out of town as we speak. I feel like I'm never home anymore!

Are people really doing the whole anti-Kyle rants again?
*looks at watch*
Well, I guess it is that time of the month again.

I really wish I could play objective this weekend but heading out of town as we speak. I feel like I'm never home anymore!
Yeah I do not get it. It is always the same. Why do people not ignore them if he's that annoying for them?

Computron

Um, ok. Thanks!

Need 1 for Objective. jelyk

If somone calls you out on your discussion stalling bullsht, even if it's Frankie, you can only respond with a hypocritical poorly constructed argument of "no, I don't do that", Ad Hominems and insults like get off my dick and diminish everyone to chasing after someone little Internet posts. Or my favorite, "Chastise people stalling discussion, advocate ignore list."

But, it's not preposterous for anyone but kylej to be frustrated with Fuckin trolls like yourself, right?

I know this isn't Halo related but WTF. I just finished working out and saw this.

itFf3mbDBSv3Z.gif

If somone calls you out on your discussion stalling bullsht, even if it's Frankie, you can only respond with a hypocritical poorly constructed argument of "no, I don't do that", Ad Hominems and insults like get off my dick and diminish everyone to chasing after someone little Internet posts. Or my favorite, "Chastise people stalling discussion, advocate ignore list."

But, it's not preposterous for anyone but kylej to be frustrated with Fuckin trolls like yourself, right?

Wut?

I know this isn't Halo related but WTF. I just finished working out and saw this.

You took the red pill, didn't you?

Theres nothing wrong with makin fun and calling out the dumb stuff 343./Bungie does. We do it because even though people make mistakes...They can change. They can also fix mistakes. Even though usually they dont.

FyreWulff

I wonder if there's any fix for the Needle Rifle glitch?

It's so annoying.

Did you watch the film? It almost felt like it was below 85%. I'll have to go do some more tests.

Don't worry, they'll fix it in Reach 1.2.

If this has been in every single TU gametype since the patch, then I guess it puts new perspective on posts where people thought a laggy host was giving them 100% bloom.

CyReN

Notable pros not showing any support for this weekend tourney, I'm not talking attending but tweeting. It takes 5 seconds.

@TomRyanOGRE2
@mlgLunchbox
@masoncobb
@Royal_2
@Naded_MLG
@TsquaredMLG
@Elamite
@Walshy304
@iGotUrPistola
@GH057ayame
@MLGACE
@JacobHysteria