• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

feel

Came in here expecting the whole not dropping flag thing to be clarified or dismissed by now............ lol

Most hilarious pre-release cycle for a Halo game ever, I don't even give a shit about that ridiculous perk list, I've somehow managed to cut all emotional ties to Halo MP, I'm just here for the laughs now.

edit/
holy shit Merg you're alive! Most hilarious vehicle troll during Halo 3 customs.

BigShow36

So much negativity in this thread....

Because the news regarding Halo 4 is mostly terrible. Negativity is a perfectly natural and reasonable response to shitty news.

So is the no flag dropping thing the only horribleness that has come out today?

If you happen to be unfortunate enough to have extreme tunnel vision to the extent that you can only view the portion of your screen directly below the health bar, there's some good news there for you. All the previous Halo games where you had no idea what the fuck was going on? Yeah, 343's got your back.

Came in here expecting the whole not dropping flag thing to be clarified or dismissed by now............ lol

Most hilarious pre-release cycle for a Halo game ever, I don't even give a shit about that ridiculous perk list, I've somehow managed to cut all emotional ties to Halo MP, I'm just here for the laughs now.

If Halo 4 MP blows I'm just not giving it the time of day. I'm pretty much finishing up school so it won't be hard.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Love the look of the map ;)
Same, graphics are not going to be a weak area of this game.
I'm looking forward to trying out their new take on CTF and all of the other new stuff that has been shown today.

Still would have preferred just carrying the flag on your back though.
Being stuck holding flag sounds like a questionable decision. Will wait for HaloGAF impressions.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Everything else released so far is debatable, great looking map, weapons sound crisp and it just feels and looks great.

Fucking not being able to drop a fucking flag is just fucking disgusting.
Im gonna have to try this flag mode before judging, since you can use a weapon now.

So much negativity in this thread....

For me it's like this, unless I have a problem with it, I don't need to mention it. Thus the stuff they get right, I'm less likely to point out as being fine or great because it's just silent approval from my end. When I see something that makes me go "fuck" I want it clarified in thread.

TheOddOne

I think with Classic they're going with Reach settings. That's classic Halo.
acsZK.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
(IE that absolutely sick game of KotH on Beaver Creek)
That was an amazing game. I think even Shadow had fun.

So it came in with the same flood of awful waypoint posters who want to turn this thread into that forum? No wonder every time I come in here I just get mad and leave again.
Team Downer / SLRP / Sensy / Salty shit has mostly been spewed by people who've been around a while, not Waypoint kids or juniors. There's humor in each of those, but I agree with Havok in that they are often used as a lazy way to dismiss people's points.

kylej

Banned
Chasing a market they'll never get because the people in that market have no interest in playing a half baked version of their favorite game. Sad what happens when games are designed by executives.

Sure hope those playlists are good this time around.

Striker

A strong team on something like Headlong can fuck shit up. Honestly though 1 flag/1 bomb are just kind of meh in general. Rounds and like you said camping, can just make for a silly game because there is no push and pull that results in a weak point to capitalize on.
At least in H2's case, I enjoyed One Bomb more often in both Skirmish and in BTB. The maps just were designed better for sneaking your way inside, and as long as the bomb was in the circle, you had a decent chance of planting due to sticky arming. Awesome feature they just threw out for really no reason. Then we got the trash in Halo 3 going to instant.

Noricart

There's a lot of negativity here for a new Halo game..
Mind you most of negativity to change is given that it's HaloGAF. Full details on a perfect competitive matchmaking system could be released tomorrow and people would find a way to complain, you know? Vocal minority and all?
343's PR team is crappier than DICE
You could put out a whole feature-featurette video or a high level commentated direct-feed game, but no, we get general vagueness; cutesy twitter updates and tease filled waypoint updates with lackluster quality compared to the BWU. (Although honestly the last two updates had great prose, at least for the first half.)
There are no teams, only nerds ruining discussion.
It's a clique on a sub-section of a cliquish internet fourm, who also trolled another forum. What did you expect?

343 is seriously pretty genius at this whole marketing shit.. They're clearly going the path of relying on positive testimonials to deliver the good word on their game instead of releasing a public beta and going crazy with the marketing campaign.

Can't say I agree with how they're handling it in a way because obviously we could all use more clarifications and Halo videos, but I can definitely respect it at least.. Once the time gets closer you'll see more public advertising for the masses who don't see this kind of media. 343 knows that and I seriously hope this was part of their plan from the beginning because not only is that ballsy, but it's pretty smart in my opinion..

They're toying with our emotions for the greater good!

2240204_o.gif

What a roller coaster ride..

Myyke

Neo Member
I'm guessing we'll find out pretty soon whether you can drop the flag or not, seeing as people will be playing it there at PAX?

Is someone going to die if we don't find out in the next 5 minutes or something?

That was an amazing game. I think even Shadow had fun.

Team Downer / SLRP / Sensy / Salty shit has mostly been spewed by people who've been around a while, not Waypoint kids or juniors. There's humor in each of those, but I agree with Havok in that they are often used as a lazy way to dismiss people's points.

Anyone using team shit to disqualify a point should feel ashamed.

At least in H2's case, I enjoyed One Bomb more often in both Skirmish and in BTB. The maps just were designed better for sneaking your way inside, and as long as the bomb was in the circle, you had a decent chance of planting due to sticky arming. Awesome feature they just threw out for really no reason. Then we got the trash in Halo 3 going to instant.

Instant sucked and so does "sit there and try to arm" especially with the 5 man squads on tiny asylum with short spawns AND sprint. The hell.

Bsigg12

Everything else released so far is debatable, great looking map, weapons sound crisp and it just feels and looks great.

Fucking not being able to drop a fucking flag is just fucking disgusting.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its a togglable option for 343i and possibly (probably) in user made gametypes.

nillapuddin

Too lazy to read the whole thread, what all was revealed today?

Ill give you my end, learned about some new Armor Mods

Tactical Package: 10
  • None
  • Mobility: Unlimited Sprint
  • Shielding: Shield Recharge Rate buff
  • Resupply: Pick up grenades from fallen Spartans
  • AA Efficiency: AA Recharge Rate buff
  • Grenadier: Increases grenade carrying capacity
  • Firepower: Carry 2 primary weapons
  • Fast Track: Increased XP bonus*
  • Requisition: Ability to re-roll an Ordnance drop*
  • Wheelman: Lessened EMP effect, Vehicle Health buff*
Support Upgrade: 12
  • None
  • Ammo: Hold more Ammo
  • Dexterity: Faster reloads and weapon swaps
  • Sensor: Increased Motion Tracker Range
  • Awareness: Use radar while scoped
  • Explosive: Increases grenade blast radius, BUT decreases damage
  • Ordnance Priority: More frequent ordnance drops
  • Stability: Lessened knock out of scope*
  • Gunner: Reduce Turret cool down, move faster when carrying Turret*
  • Drop Recon: Heads up on Ordnance and On-map weapon drops*
  • Nemesis: Possibly reveals opponent who last killed you*
  • Stealth: Decreased visibilty vs PromVision, Faster Assassinations, dampened
    footsteps*

* Unlocked via Specializations
Bold = new
Underlined = Not shown in vid, but confirmed

Too lazy to read the whole thread, what all was revealed today?

• All CTF games are Flag Potato Now
  • DMR is 2 shot kill, sometimes jams
  • Having the flag makes it so you don't have any shields, but you do 3x damage
  • New map shown, Boneyard remake, 3 banshees
  • Your character has a chance of randomly tripping, causing fall damage
  • New perk that teleports you to the flag, but you have to spawn with AR

DeadNames

Banned
I'm guessing we'll find out pretty soon whether you can drop the flag or not, seeing as people will be playing it there at PAX?

Is someone going to die if we don't find out in the next 5 minutes or something?

I'm on life support. :p

I'm sure 343 will change this... Frankie or DEllis might get on GAF tonight, read this thread, and think "ohshit" and change it.

Hopefully.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok I come back from playing a glorious session of Darksiders 2 to read all this shit?

Can't drop flag? Bad- But I think it's changeable.

BUT the grenade perk is the dumbest shit ever, everytime I play Reach the Grenades are one of the things that are the worst. Can't believe they give you now a perk to boost their strength and your health them. ....

Jetpack still in and nobody reported change and yeah .. WHAT THE FUCK 343, you better explain alot of things tommorrow.

Top Bottom