• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Yeah - I can't think of any cogent reactions really until some official word comes down.

w9U0P.gif

When you get worried, just DM biggy and all will be well in the world.

Biggy, check your PMs.

Droid

Most of the 1 flag/1 bomb games also have quitting or low pop because of that 4th round when the winner is already decided.

This reminds me of one thing I've always wanted. The game should automatically end when it is impossible for the opposing team to win, such as in a One-Flag and Bomb. Also, with game types such as KOTH and Oddball, the game should end when it's mathematically impossible to win. That way it there isn't that pointless 30-odd seconds of waiting for the game to finish. I think it would be a nice addition to the game types.

JackHerer

Trying to make objective gametypes relevant again to the general public. Objective playlists are severely underpopulated in 3 and Reach, so by making it more appealing to casuals, they can bump participation in those gametypes.

Just a thought.

I wonder if it will work. They have dumbed down CTF so much to do this that they risk alienating the more experienced players who still populate the playlist.

The opposite of Team Hydranockz

Which is what? When did these stupid ass teams get established?

This reminds me of one thing I've always wanted. The game should automatically end when it is impossible for the opposing team to win, such as in a One-Flag and Bomb. Also, with game types such as KOTH and Oddball, the game should end when it's mathematically impossible to win. That way it there isn't that pointless 30-odd seconds of waiting for the game to finish. I think it would be a nice addition to the game types.

It would also keep people from purposefully not scoring or not getting in the hill just to troll the other team. Which I have to say, like an asshole, I've done. But it shouldn't even BE possible.

This reply isn't aimed at you Tashi, you just bring up a point that's been raised, over and over again.

How many times must 343 insist on releasing/or allow information to be recieved in this manner? Surely, it must give them a headache.

Why not explain the CTF changes in the bulletin first? I really don't understand the backwards way MP info has been released.

It baffle me too, it doesn't make any sense. But now for the next week or so we're going to hear conflicting reports about pretty much everything until 343 slowly give us info.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Then you'll keep playing it but complain about it in this thread. That's how it will go for most people I believe. Possibly myself included.
A few weeks ago, I would have agreed with you. Then I just stopped playing Reach. I haven't had a legitimately fun match of Reach in months, outside of a handful of HaloGAF MLG matches (IE that absolutely sick game of KotH on Beaver Creek).

I felt almost like this compulsive need to play it, just because it was Halo. That feeling's gone. If Halo 4 is bad, I'm out. No reason to play multiplayer of a game I don't like when there are other, great games out there.

Aggrotek

I can't wait until we get clarification of everything and then we can calm down. So many of us are on edge, myself included lol.

I'm pretty calm about it all. I may be on team SLRP for this but I just don't see a point in complaining about all of these sandbox decisions when I haven't had the chance to experience it for myself. Has anyone that played with these perks and such actually said they are game breaking? I think everyone is overreacting.

This reply isn't aimed at you Tashi, you just bring up a point that's been raised, over and over again.

How many times must 343 insist on releasing/or allow information to be recieved in this manner? Surely, it must give them a headache.

Why not explain the CTF changes in the bulletin first? I really don't understand the backwards way MP info has been released.

First, we have to get the information from of-screen youtube videos and tweets, then, a small group of people can hear the news and tell us about it and only after that, all the other people can get the full details from 343.

Bsigg12

They ruined Assualt with the dumb as hell arming mechanics which could be abused more with the stupid bubble shield.

Flag carriers were slowed down to a crawl.

Sudden death was butchered.

It was a pathetic follow up to H2.

I blame this on the guys who would hold the bomb on Burial Mounds until the other team quit.

Also, I don't really care about the CTF changes, I'll end up loving it.

I think you just want change... any change.

I would also love change, just wish the change made sense. Its like they changed something no one wanted changing just for the sake of seemingly changing something.

But yeah a video where they explain the changes and clarify the reasons for the changes would be great.

What is this Team Downer shit?

All those who are members of the "90% negative posting club". Kyle/Over/Juices ect.

They have an opinion and thats fine by me but the constant negativity can be a bit much at times.

Its not really much of an issue, They like the franchise as much as I do and just want the best for it they have every right to be upset about shit they don't like. I do feel that some of the stuff posted is a bit rash but its up to them. Freedom of speech ect ect.

There are plenty of changes previous Halo games need that I always considered to be handled poorly by the sequels.

All those who are members of the "90% negative posting club". Kyle/Over/Juices ect.

They have an opinion and thats fine by me but the constant negativity can be a bit much at times.

Its not really much of an issue, They like the franchise as much as I do and just want the best for it they have every right to be upset about shit they don't like. I do feel that some of the stuff posted is a bit rash but its up to them. Freedom of speech ect ect.

I love hyper-critical posts because it sets a nice gradient between sucking dev cock and being ridiculously negative. Then a bunch of us can fall nicely in the middle.

Havok

Most of the 1 flag/1 bomb games also have quitting or low pop because of that 4th round when the winner is already decided.
Those gametypes need to be retooled, sure. Reduce it to one round each, increase round times by a minute. Eliminates the reason for quitters in the final round, doesn't need to have the lame duck detection that Bungie refused to propagate from Grifball. Keeps the things that make asymmetric objective good, gets rid of the shitty bits. Add objective contesting in a radius, sticky arming, tailored flag/bomb return times, etc. back in and everything is all peachy again.
What is this Team Downer shit?
Tied with "salty" as the laziest way to dismiss people's opinions without actually addressing them. Team SLRP is equally silly to use as an argument.

Myyke

Neo Member
Surely you guys must see a little bit of the reasoning behind revealing new information first at a pretty big game expo?

L1NETT

Tactical Package: 10
  • None
  • Mobility: Unlimited Sprint
  • Shielding: Shield Recharge Rate buff
  • Resupply: Pick up grenades from fallen Spartans
  • AA Efficiency: AA Recharge Rate buff
  • Grenadier: Increases grenade carrying capacity
  • Firepower: Carry 2 primary weapons
  • Fast Track: Increased XP bonus*
  • Requisition: Ability to re-roll an Ordnance drop*
  • Wheelman: Lessened EMP effect, Vehicle Health buff*
Support Upgrade: 12
  • None
  • Ammo: Hold more Ammo
  • Dexterity: Faster reloads and weapon swaps
  • Sensor: Increased Motion Tracker Range
  • Awareness: Use radar while scoped
  • Explosives: Increases blast radius, decreases damage received
  • Ordnance Priority: More frequent ordnance drops
  • Stability: Lessened knock out of scope*
  • Gunner: Reduce Turret cool down, move faster when carrying Turret*
  • Drop Recon: Heads up on Ordnance and On-map weapon drops*
  • Nemesis: Possibly reveals opponent who last killed you*
  • Stealth: Decreased visibilty vs PromVision, Faster Assassinations, dampened
    footsteps*

* Unlocked via Specializations
Bold = new
Underlined = Not shown in vid, but confirmed

Those new ones sound terrible.

Christ MP just gets worse and worse. Please announce ranked or classic 343! Please!

Don't worry, they are no nukes in Halo 4......unless you get the perk! Nukes for all!

I hope I am wrong, but I guess it returns to the "wait for Frankie and David to clear everything up phase"

senador

Banned
A few weeks ago, I would have agreed with you. Then I just stopped playing Reach. I haven't had a legitimately fun match of Reach in months, outside of a handful of HaloGAF MLG matches (IE that absolutely sick game of KotH on Beaver Creek).

I felt almost like this compulsive need to play it, just because it was Halo. That feeling's gone. If Halo 4 is bad, I'm out. No reason to play multiplayer of a game I don't like when there are other, great games out there.

But look how long you played Reach despite its flaws.

You ate right though and honestly that's a good feeling to have. Plenty of games to play and it's not worth getting so worked up or whatever about a game you aren't happy with.

I'm also just giving you shit. ;)

Those gametypes need to be retooled, sure. Reduce it to one round each, increase round times by a minute. Eliminates the reason for quitters in the final round, doesn't need to have the lame duck detection that Bungie refused to propagate from Grifball. Keeps the things that make asymmetric objective good, gets rid of the shitty bits.

Personally I think one flag is better with big team than it ever was with 4v4.

Tied with "salty" as the laziest way to dismiss people's opinions without actually arguing against them.

So it came in with the same flood of awful waypoint posters who want to turn this thread into that forum? No wonder every time I come in here I just get mad and leave again.

Can I get a rundown of all of HaloGAF's teams?

Also, Time Glitch posted his review over at Waypoint... Nothing about CTF.

There are no teams, if someone posts something negative people respond with "must be team downer/salty". If people reply positivity people respond "must be team slrp". There are people who are consistently negative and there are people who are consistently positive, but by this point Halogaf has turned to caricatures and pretty crappy in jokes as a way to deflect real conversation. Would be interesting to see the negative and positive folk have a proper conversation, I think in part people take things too personally and so a simple factual conversation never happens.

I think you just want change... any change.

I would also love change, just wish the change made sense. Its like they changed something no one wanted changing just for the sake of seemingly changing something.

But yeah a video where they explain the changes and clarify the reasons for the changes would be great.

To a certain extent, yes.

Also, your second paragraph made me laugh. Like a tongue twister.

TheOddOne

So you can't drop the flag? What the fuck is this shit 343? Confirm this isn't the case in classic mode or whatever insane name you guys are going give it.

senador

Banned
So it came in with the same flood of awful waypoint posters who want to turn this thread into that forum? No wonder every time I come in here I just get mad and leave again.

Nah, it started a while back when someone got mad at someone being reasonable about some changes and called them a 343 slurper. So Team Slurp was born.

Then something had to exist to be the other side and Team Downer was born. I think someone that would be in Team Downer actually came up with both.

Salt came later with talk of crying over things. All 3 are pretty annoying stereotypes but neither side will really drop them. Pretty sure they all came from long time members though.

Overdoziz

Banned
Tied with "salty" as the laziest way to dismiss people's opinions without actually addressing them. Team SLRP is equally silly to use as an argument.
Can't we just get the term "salty" banned already? It's the same as saying "u mad?" which is as far as I know also bannable. Unless you're using it in the context of describing the taste of a certain food product it's just a really obnoxious way of responding to complaints.

I don't think I can agree with that. 1 Flag BTB was always a monumental campfest, folks just crouching in a base corner.

A strong team on something like Headlong can fuck shit up. Honestly though 1 flag/1 bomb are just kind of meh in general. Rounds and like you said camping, can just make for a silly game because there is no push and pull that results in a weak point to capitalize on.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So you can't drop the flag? What the fuck is this shit 343? Confirm this isn't the case in classic mode or whatever insane name you guys are going give it.
Classic? Pfft, it's called Retro and keeping in line with canon it simulates what it's like to be a Spartan II.

Kuroyume

Banned
I'm not against faster reloads or weapons swaps. I just think that should be a default thing. As fast as possible. It's really one of the most annoying things in Halo. You could be in the middle of a firefight with a BR/DR in the previous games, see a Warthog coming around shooting at you and it would take forever to switch to another weapon to deal with the warthog. It would leave you way too exposed and more often than not dead. Dead when you could have pulled out the rockets and dealt with it.

Top Bottom