• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Slaker117

Alright, Cryptum pin giveaway right now. Last ONI patch at 2 pacific, poster at 3.

Who conceived the new Spartan-IV program that created the Spartans featured in Halo 4?

senador

Banned
They would never hire my dear brother juices. Would be too good. They'll give that position to some guy who ran the playlists for Homefront or something just cause they have "experience"

While not ideal to us....duh. Experience trumps non experience. Maybe Juices will have to take on for the team and go work at a lame studio first.

I'm feeling this too. It's such a blatantly simple thing that it feels dumb even saying it, but the fact that all the classes are the same base color robs the different Prometheans of a lot of visual uniqueness. Of course that was intentional, they are all of the same origin, it makes perfect sense for them to look similar, but it does create a feeling of blandness about them, at least to me. They are fun to fight, but boring to look at.

Yeah, I mean i understand that the Forerunners basically use greys whites and silvers, but I think an occasional obsidian would really fit their style.. Its too bad that the basic shape of the different Knights are so similar also, the only thing really changing is their melee weapon and "cape". Maybe there a few other variants we haven't seen.

Interesting:

gS4M1.png

Seems like the Watcher is reviving an enemy by dousing it in magic dust? Haven't seen that before.

Oh cool, so thats what it will look like.. Watchers seem to be super dangerous, they are gonna be my pick for taking out first. What video is that from anyways?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I am stoked they are getting someone for this position and I'm sure it'll have some bearing on Halo 4 down the road, but what does it mean for now and the first few months after launch without that position? I'd guess multiple people are sort of filling the role, just not as effectively?

The designers and existing sustain staff are working on the launch playlists, this role is simply growing the existing resources.

First all that candy and chocolate, now this? Are all Germans this generous?
I just love the Halo community.

Thank you, good sir. I will update the list. :)
I can give you picture of the book. But I cannot give you picture of the Spartans III montage poster because I forgot to pick one. Unfortunately.

So, is that background music from the Halo 4 OST? 'cause I really like it.

... Oh, hi guys. Long time no see. :D
Some random music. But not from the OST.

What I did there.

See it.

You did not.
Not everyone is reading the thread.

senador

Banned
The designers and existing sustain staff are working on the launch playlists, this role is simply growing the existing resources.

Gotcha. I didn't actually think it was simply not being done. I guess they people are on forum read-only? They also rely on you, lybertyboy, and others to provide feedback from the community?

Parango-FUCK

To Wu, when the Cryptum Pin time comes, I would be happy to somehow try and contribute to HBO in exchange for one. Maybe writing an article for the site or something similar.

Question to Frankie and David about Pro. knights:

If a watcher revives a Knight, will that same knight be able to spawn yet another watcher from its back or not? I really hope not...

Louis Wu

Parango-FUCK

To Wu, when the Cryptum Pin time comes, I would be happy to somehow try and contribute to HBO in exchange for one. Maybe writing an article for the site or something similar.
I can't remember how many I threw in my bag, or even how many I've already given away. If I've got extras, you're welcome to one.

(I only have one pair of the Cryptum earrings, though, so I can't give you those. ;) )

I have 20+ pins. Still I am jellis at the Lars Cup consolation prize. Sigh.

Edit.: On the other hand I got the hoodie. I washed it the first time today. Still thinking to not tumble dry it and just hang it up for the drying.

wwm0nkey

So you should all get in the Planet Side 2 Beta and play with me until Halo 4 comes out, game is a shit load of fun....oh and its free when it comes out.

Seriously this shit with 1000+ people is fucking crazy and this is only a SMALL part of the map.

nillapuddin

So you should all get in the Planet Side 2 Beta and play with me until Halo 4 comes out, game is a shit load of fun....oh and its free when it comes out.

Seriously this shit with 1000+ people is fucking crazy and this one only a SMALL part of the map.

you on now?

i sent you a thing the other day but im not sure if it worked

Louis Wu

Heh. I snagged an extra bag with all of those, and shipped them to a certain Irish GAFer who couldn't be there but would have were it possible. Great that you are giving out an extra, it was a remarkably generous assortment of goodies.
Two extras. :)

(Plus the one I already sent to Ram, with a couple of extra goodies inside, because he was smart enough to ask AHEAD of time. :) )

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You guys need to share the swag secret. I couldn't find Halo swag at PAX for the life of me. Was hoping they were selling stuff again but no luck.

Grabbed a few ONI patches, spoken for, but that's all I found.

Computron

Seriously this shit with 1000+ people is fucking crazy and this is only a SMALL part of the map.

How do I get in? You wanna hook me up?

kylej

Banned
While not ideal to us....duh. Experience trumps non experience. Maybe Juices will have to take on for the team and go work at a lame studio first.

I don't consider playlist management a job where experience means much - if anything, same goes for things like community managers. Programming, artist or producing jobs? Definitely.

Top Bottom