• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Louis Wu

You guys need to share the swag secret. I couldn't find Halo swag at PAX for the life of me. Was hoping they were selling stuff again but no luck.

Grabbed a few ONI patches, spoken for, but that's all I found.
Most of those goodies were given out at the party on Friday night. I can't remember if you were there or not. :( (Actually, now that I think about it... you must not have been. I don't think I ran into you AT ALL, which is really weird in retrospect.)

GhaleonEB

Two extras. :)

(Plus the one I already sent to Ram, with a couple of extra goodies inside, because he was smart enough to ask AHEAD of time. :) )

Yeah, I just realized it was two. Very cool.

Question -

After PAX ended, I visited a friend, laden down with goodies I'd collected at a 343 party during PAX. It wouldn't all fit in my luggage, and I was too exhausted to figure out how to give it away on the spot, so I did the next best thing: accompanied by far too much rum and the first two Rocky movies, I packed each extra swag bag (there are two, total) into a mailing tube, added postage (enough to cover the mailing to anywhere in the continental US), and left them in Washington.

How did you get them back? Who did you leave them with? Between leaving them behind and the reference to being drunk, I'm hoping there's more too it than just not having enough space. :p

Ken

So you should all get in the Planet Side 2 Beta and play with me until Halo 4 comes out, game is a shit load of fun....oh and its free when it comes out.

Seriously this shit with 1000+ people is fucking crazy and this is only a SMALL part of the map.

What happened to CS GO?

You seem to hype up every game you play lol.

Louis Wu

How did you get them back? Who did you leave them with? Between leaving them behind and the reference to being drunk, I'm hoping there's more too it than just not having enough space. :p
No, I left them in Washington on PURPOSE. I spent Tuesday night up in Blaine, drinking heavily (way, way too heavily for the night before a travel day) and watching Rocky/Rocky II... and packing tubes. I had already filled and sealed one, so before I got there I stopped at the post office and had it weighed, and bought enough postage to mail 3 of them from Blaine to Miami (which should, conceivably, be enough to cover postage to ANYWHERE in the US), and then left the sealed, stamped tubes at Nico's house - he will mail them to the winners once they're picked.

The tubes were just too long to fit into my carryon. :(

GhaleonEB

No, I left them in Washington on PURPOSE. I spent Tuesday night up in Blaine, drinking heavily (way, way too heavily for the night before a travel day) and watching Rocky/Rocky II... and packing tubes. I had already filled and sealed one, so before I got there I stopped at the post office and had it weighed, and bought enough postage to mail 3 of them from Blaine to Miami (which should, conceivably, be enough to cover postage to ANYWHERE in the US), and then left the sealed, stamped tubes at Nico's house - he will mail them to the winners once they're picked.

The tubes were just too long to fit into my carryon. :(

Ah, got it. Very thoughtful of you to plan ahead like that. I had a heck of a time packing Dani's in a way that nothing got smooshed; it took some figuring out (and a ziplock bag for the loose objects).

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Most of those goodies were given out at the party on Friday night. I can't remember if you were there or not. :( (Actually, now that I think about it... you must not have been. I don't think I ran into you AT ALL, which is really weird in retrospect.)

I did see you at breakfast Saturday, but you got there a bit later. I was at the table of 4.

Didn't even know there was a Halo party, would have loved to go, damn. Next time I guess!

Louis Wu

I did see you at breakfast Saturday, but you got there a bit later. I was at the table of 4.

Didn't even know there was a Halo party, would have loved to go, damn. Next time I guess!
I wondered who you guys were - I didn't recognize any faces, and nobody said anything. :(

Bummer. Next year!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I wondered who you guys were - I didn't recognize any faces, and nobody said anything. :(

Bummer. Next year!

Yeah, I meant to re-introduce myself (saw you briefly and did in 2010, but that was 2 years ago) but we were out pretty quick as the guys were going to use our table next. No worries!

Slaker117

Crimsom and Majestic

Correct. PM me your address.

That's it for the small pieces, poster giveaway is at 3 PDT, which is in like 50 minutes. If you wanted a patch or pin but didn't win, 343 was handing them out pretty readily, so keep you eyes open and you may see other members with a few extra to give out.

Edit: is this USA only?

Poster will be, but for these small items, I think international shipping will be cheap enough. If I'm wrong, sorry. In that case I'll give them to the second place poster.

Portugeezer

Black Ops 2 just leaked, if you want to go dark. You may want to soon.

Why won't someone get Halo 4 early?

Anyway, bleh BLOPS 2 (COD in general), I think all the coverage they did on BLOPS 2 helped remind me how tired I was of the franchise because I admit the first video got me kind of hyped (though not too much), they they had those 4 days of videos and I remembered how I was bored of the gameplay.

It's a shame because I think Treyarch actually do a better job than IW.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Why won't someone get Halo 4 early?

Anyway, bleh BLOPS 2 (COD in general), I think all the coverage they did on BLOPS 2 helped remind me how tired I was of the franchise because I admit the first video got me kind of hyped (though not too much), they they had those 4 days of videos and I remembered how I was bored of the gameplay.

It's a shame because I think Treyarch actually do a better job than IW.

Fuck that shit, and fuck pirates. 343 deserves as much as they can get from this game.

/rant.

Correct. PM me your address.

That's it for the small pieces, poster giveaway is at 3 PDT, which is in like 50 minutes. If wanted a patch or pin but didn't win, 343 was handing them out pretty readily, so keep you eyes open and you may see other members with a few extra to give out.

No problem, will PM address later, gonna watch the Expandables 2 with some buddies now.

Thanks for the contest thing ;)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You could have stayed. Barrow and me would have used the table next to you guys.

Oh, it was no worries, we were done anyways. Wanted to get going to the show floor. :p

It was an interesting PAX for me because I had 2 extra guys with me that had never been before, and one that had been but is not a Gaffer so I couldn't do as much HaloGaf stuff as I would have liked. They enjoyed you all though.

So you should all get in the Planet Side 2 Beta and play with me until Halo 4 comes out, game is a shit load of fun....oh and its free when it comes out.

Seriously this shit with 1000+ people is fucking crazy and this is only a SMALL part of the map.

How do you get in, had a quick google but couldnt find anything. Will have a proper look later, but im guessing spaces are limited?

remember when halo 3 leaked and the ending got posted on youtube?

never forget

Come on, it's tradition that Halo games either leak or get release early ;)

i tried to get an early copy of CEA by just going to walmart and asking if they had it in stock.

i failed, ill probably try for halo 4 again

Lima

Since we are only a couple months away from release now I would like to request an update about the languages that will be included on the discs.

I really don't want to play this in German.

wwm0nkey

How do you get in, had a quick google but couldnt find anything. Will have a proper look later, but im guessing spaces are limited?

You can sign up on the site, pay for access + $40 on in-game currency or wait until another site gives them out. There will probably be another give away soon.

The basics of the game are Battlefield gameplay with Halo-ish art style on an open world map/conquest system that works kind of like ChromeHounds without the loading and you get resources from parts of the map to buy vehicles, planes and ect.

lilty

This. I'll be pretty disappointed if I see all the maps, but if campaign gets spoiled for me like Reach did (someone posted the fates of all the characters on b.net), then I'll be livid.

I don't care about multiplayer stuff, but I want to go into the campaign blind.

Top Bottom