• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Tunavi

Banned
HOLY SHIT CEA gameplay!

*jetpacks within first 10 seconds*
gwF8a.gif

ElRenoRaven

Woorloog said:
Plasma Rifle doesn't have Bloom. Plasma Repeater does.

I could swear the plasma rifle did too. Maybe it's all the playing of the different games fucking with my memory then.

*edit* yup you're right. Memory fail.

wwm0nkey

Having shield bleed though just made this Title Update amazing on just that one thing lol

EDIT: Also at the same time you will notice the spartans do NOT have AA's but their base speed has increased.

Tawpgun

Letters said:
Beautiful maps!! Shit Reach gameplay with AAs. :( Hurry up Classic++ vids!!

And is the damage from this punch bleeding through in non-classic++ gameplay?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWUxnFPgGN4#t=48s

AzWvk.gif

again.

Note the lack of AA's, fast movement speed. That was classic ++. I don't think it will translate to vanilla reach. I can only hope though...Also, shame on the AR users though. I hope the pistol somehow gets modified to a 3-4 shot kill, with a balanced ROF cap of course.

feel

Is Classic++ gameplay gonna be at Gamescon or is that only for Halofest? So many new clips today but they hurt my soul like this so I won't even bother checking them all out.

GhaleonEB

Letters said:
Is Classic++ gameplay gonna be at Gamescon or is that only for Halofest? So many new clips today but they hurt my soul like this so I won't even bother checking them all out.
The TU changes are being announced at HaloFest, so it would be weird to feature them at Gamescon. My guess is they're showing the maps for the first time in public there, and then adding a few more with the TU details at HaloFest. They're showing the maps teased in the trailer now, then the new stuff at HaloFest, that was all the content has some breathing room.

Maybe they'll slip in some classic footage/stations but not comment on it much, as a tease.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Note the lack of AA's, fast movement speed. That was classic ++. I don't think it will translate to vanilla reach. I can only hope though...Also, shame on the AR users though. I hope the pistol somehow gets modified to a 3-4 shot kill, with a balanced ROF cap of course.

At 1.15 in that video, was the blue guy not sprinting? i can't tell TBH

ElRenoRaven

So yea since I put reach in to test things I have to say while bloom doesn't bother me one thing does. The thing that bothers me is that it only on some weapons. If they're going to have bloom it should be on every damn projective based weapon to be fair I think.

Ugh I really have to play more. I hadn't played reach in a couple weeks. I got into my Halo binge again and have been playing the first 3 again. lol

Tawpgun

Can't wait to be F5ing this thread as everyone from GAF at PAX is going to be posting.

BLOOMLESS AA-LESS CLASSIC HALO SO GOOD

Glorious day.

Karl2177

Assuming that is bleed-through and not some camera trick, is there a way to customize the game to have both vanilla and classic++ gameplay traits? For example, I want to throw the bleed through into regular vanilla Reach and see how it plays. Will I be able to do this?

feel

You guys might be right, I was thinking the guy on the left at the end had a jetpack on his back, but that's just part of the rocket launcher, and when people have AAs at their disposal they're spamming spamming spamming spamming them. That little clip gotta be Classic++ :O

wwm0nkey

Karl2177 said:
Assuming that is bleed-through and not some camera trick, is there a way to customize the game to have both vanilla and classic++ gameplay traits? For example, I want to throw the bleed through into regular vanilla Reach and see how it plays. Will I be able to do this?
Most of the features will be in Classic++ first then they will start testing things out in other playlist to see community reaction. Frankie did say there is one thing that people will probably want adopted to default Reach very quickly.

GhaleonEB

Letters said:
You guys might be right, I was thinking the guy on the left at the end had a jetpack on his back, but that's just part of the rocket launcher, and when people have AAs at their disposal they're spamming spamming spamming spamming them. That little clip gotta be Classic++ :O
And it's the "b-roll", so it's supplied by 343 rather than taken from a publicly playable build. Who knows whether it's going to be playable at Gamescon, but it did look different. Certainly looked a bit faster to me.

wwm0nkey

Gabotron ES said:
Omg I want that in my haloz, EPIC BTB!
If there is ever one company I eventually want to touch Halo, it would be DICE

Battlefield : Halo would be the best thing in the world and DICE would be the only ones to pull off such a feat.

PooBone

Gui_PT said:
Goddamn, I thought everyone would agree with me :lol
I agree with you.

Most exciting thing for me in those Beaver Creek videos, (and this kinda shows where my Halo loyalty lies) is the design of the interior of the bases. Not many forerunner assets in Reach so these are all new and could be a hint at what the interior of the library/AotCR/Silent Cartographer could look like.

Woorloog

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
If there is ever one company I eventually want to touch Halo, it would be DICE

Battlefield : Halo would be the best thing in the world and DICE would be the only ones to pull off such a feat.
You're reading my mind.
Battlefield Halo... ahh, what a glorious thing that would be.
Would Covie classes be different species?
Assault: Elite/Brute
Scout: Jackal
?

wwm0nkey

Woorloog said:
You're reading my mind.
Battlefield Halo... ahh, what a glorious thing that would be.
Would Covie classes be different species?
Assault: Elite/Brute
Scout: Jackal
?
I would imagine so. But seriously if BF: Halo happened at some point I will die a happy lol

Dax01 said:
Ugh. I think that would be so bad. Halo's BTB is already epic enough and has more crazy moments any other game can deliver.
Battlefield Moments say hi :)

feel

Dax01 said:
Ugh. I think that would be so bad. Halo's BTB is already epic enough and has more crazy moments any other game can deliver.
I like battlefield, and I would welcome a Halo themed Battlefield, but yeah, for me it probably would not be even close to what a Bungie that truly cares and has every employee on board (not Reach's Bungie) could do with the Halo BTB gameplay and huge horsepower if they went for a similar multiplayer battle experience as that trailer.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Battlefield 3 looks unfrigginbelievable, but I have a hard time playing military FPSs. The nationalistic tone doesn't settle well with me. It looks good, and I want to play it, but I think I'd have a hard time enjoying it... I much prefer sci-fi themes in my FPSs. But damn, it looks amazing.

Edit: And to be more on topic, I agree with folks who aren't too hyped for Damnation. Definitely not one of the classic maps I would've chose.

wwm0nkey

Gabotron ES said:
I would be more than happy if we get to ride this beauty.
pelican.jpg
BELI343.
I wouldn't mind if they just did what they did with 2142 and just put a Halo skin over Battlefield 3 lol

It wouldn't replace traditional Halo but it would be cool for a Battlefield game, hell just call it Battlefield 2552 XD

Beaver Creek is looking awesome. Can't wait to see some classic footage.

Also, I have no clue whether I should get Battlefield for PC or 360. hmmm

wwm0nkey

Awesome Barlow said:
Beaver Creek is looking awesome. Can't wait to see some classic footage.

Also, I have no clue whether I should get Battlefield for PC or 360. hmmm
Only 10 more days till all the sprinkles rain down :)

Also Im getting it for both XD

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Man Beaver Creek is fucking gorgeous. Holy crap. I hope it plays well. That could be a great classic map in MLG's rotation. Mmmmm so good.

wwm0nkey said:
Only 10 more days till all the sprinkles rain down :)

Also Im getting it for both XD

We need a forecast picture that has sprinkles raining. haha

Maybe I should get it for both too. There are too many good games coming out this fall I vowed only to pay full retail for CEA, Gears, and BF3. I guess if I get both I'm not exactly breaking my vow...

Top Bottom