• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Tashi0106 said:
Ah ok so one will die off. Ok so if I can be greedy and selfish for a second, I like the way Reach is. If a bloomless mode is introduced and MLG implements I'll be a sad sad person. I'll have to adjust though.

Tashi, have you been playing Reach on LAN to practice?

Havok

The Real Napsta said:
Hahahahaha Frankie you are killing me. Bravo.
Overkill is also the guy who claims to have invented Classic settings for Reach and whined about not getting credit in the Optimatch forum on bnet, and I've seen him trolling people in YouTube comments for Halo videos. Guess he ran out of other places to embarrass himself.

The one thing that worries me is that everyone keeps saying that the core Reach experience will remain exactly the same. Well I'd like to play classic settings and new settings but some things in Reach do annoy me a bit. So will everything be exactly the same or will things be tweaked and tuned? It wouldn't stop Reach from being Reach it would just fine tune it.

For example: X is overpowered so X is toned down slightly in the TU.

Or will the title update be for classic settings only?

OuterWorldVoice said:
The TU applies to all Reach code. Not just the new maps. Changes for new maps could be used in old maps.

This makes me hopeful for Classic ++ on Reflection.

I know it's heresy, but being able to play Reach's disc maps with Classic ++ settings doubles my excitement for the TU.

Granted, many of them will need some tweaking in Forge to accomodate gameplay without AAs, but it's nice to know that we won't be limited to just 6 maps. Especially since Forge World is included.

Man, I can't wait to play these maps, they look absolutely gorgious!

OT question: Are avatars not loading for anyone else? Some do but most of them just don't show.

GhaleonEB

Havok said:
Overkill is also the guy who claims to have invented Classic settings for Reach and whined about not getting credit in the Optimatch forum on bnet, and I've seen him trolling people in YouTube comments for Halo videos. Guess he ran out of other places to embarrass himself.
His Optimatch rants were amazing, especially after Jeremiah smacked him down.

wwm0nkey

Havok said:
crap someone grab that classic movement picture I posted in one of the other OTs!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
The Real Napsta said:
Tashi, have you been playing Reach on LAN to practice?
No, I have no where to LAN. I don't know of any good locals. I'll probably LAN a day before the event at the hotel.

Homeboyd

GhaleonEB said:
His Optimatch rants were amazing, especially after Jeremiah smacked him down.
Speaking of... Jerpie's gone MIA. Among others...

But yeah, I don't know if you know this... but.. I'm pretty much responsible for the classic revolution.

As soon as we know what Classic settings the TU will bring and what maps are in CEA we need to get working on making some Forge maps for the classic playlist and then beg for them to be put into matchmaking.

ncsuDuncan said:
I've never bought a Battlefield game for console and I don't think I ever will. The same goes for Valve games.

I'm getting BF3 for PC day 1.

It's going to be interesting when Bungie returns as a multiplatform developer. I'll obviously get any 360 version over PS3, but if Bungie ever adds an in-house PC version to the lineup the choice might be more difficult.

I have always been a console gamer first. I think I'll end up getting BF for both systems. (My PS3 will get not be getting any love)

I think I'll end up getting the Limited Ed of Bungie's next game for my 360 and get the standard ed for my PC and PS3. I'm going broke.

Tha Robbertster said:
OT question: Are avatars not loading for anyone else? Some do but most of them just don't show.

Works for me.

Hey You

Bregmann Roche said:
Who's predicting a mid september release for the TU?

One year to the day would be great. Also whoever suggested the multiple weeklies is a genius. So excited for CEA.
Would be awesome if at the end of a Halofest panel "The title update is now available for halo Reach".

Also, these videos are getting me hyped. Throw all the Anniversary maps into the Premium playlists,remove regular/on disc maps = my new home (with Reach settings of course).

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Hey You said:
Would be awesome if at the end of a Halofest panel "The title update is now available for halo Reach".

Also, these videos are getting me hyped. Throw all the Anniversary maps into the Premium playlists,remove regular/on disc maps = my new home.

But then everyone at Halo Fest would be like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

I don't know if you guys are aware but I'm the starter of the whole spartan collage movement (which will be done tomorrow), if you want your spartan to appear this is your last chance.

P.S: We need an official HaloGAF Hype-O-Meter because holy crap...

Tawpgun

Hey You said:

*Mass Exodus out of Halofest.*

Now all I need is this damn machinima contest to wrap up and announce the 5 finalists who are getting PAX tickets damnit.

GhaleonEB

Curious whether we'll see a collector's edition for CEA. Though that runs counter to the budget title status, I'm sure it would move some units if the content was good. Maybe Cortana's bust. Wait, I mean a bust of Cortana.

Gui_PT said:
Hey a Shotgun, let me trade it for my Pistol and keep my AR.

WAT!
Horrifying.
GhaleonEB said:
I'd do the same, on that map.
Confirmed: Ghaleon has no Halo honor!

Beaver Creek looks amazing. The Reach version however, sword and shotguns in the bases is a terribad idea. I spied a grenade launcher as well, which is awesome, but how many power weapons does a map need lol.

Also, OT but Battlefield 3. OH MY GOD

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:
Throw a few dozen Grunt plushies into the crowd, and then run.

ROFLMAO. I could so see that too. OMG. That would be hilarious. They throw those up and then everyone looks up as they fall on ground and are dumbstruck for a second before they break out into full bore run after them.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Steelyuhas said:
Beaver Creek looks amazing. I spied a grenade launcher as well, which is awesome, but how many power weapons does a map need lol.

No one map should have all that power...
weapon.

PsychoRaven said:
FAILTACULAR!!!!!

You saw nothing!

GhaleonEB said:
Curious whether we'll see a collector's edition for CEA. Though that runs counter to the budget title status, I'm sure it would move some units if the content was good. Maybe Cortana's bust. Wait, I mean a bust of Cortana.
Give me a neat steelbook, an artbook, making of disc or the soundtrack. It would be a day 0 buy.

CyReN

Tashi0106 said:
Yes sir. I'll be there. I'll be at Orlando as well.

Nice, I'll be working at the event for Reach. I arrive mid afternoon on Thursday. If this is your first event I HIGHLY recommend split practice before, even with a friend that's not so good so you can get used to it. Check out this thread on MLG if it is your first event.

I'll PM you my number, love to finally meet someone off this site. If you have any questions or anything feel free to hit me up. I'll be lanning H1 at nights too.

Risen

Tashi0106 said:
One of my main issues with Reach is that you can shoot your gun so fast, you don't have to aim at all. I'd like to really just slow the game down to allow the better players to win. Thanks bro!

But there is almost no strafe... I don't see slowing it down as really changing things, this will give someone MORE time to adjust aim... so while as it is people can spam, reducing the time to kill and the length of time one has to hold good aim, slowing it down will allow more time to adjust, with no increased ability to strafe.

If you slow things down, lateral movement needs to increase, or I think it's a wash.

I know you've said in game in the past you don't mind bloom... but why is it you like it?

I mean I get having a 30/30 connection in NY with good latency, and not being affected by it much... thereby not really minding it; but even on LAN it doesn't appreciably increase any skill gap in good players - it only provides the chance that bad aim still results in a head shot, or that one can luck out on spamming at range.

Zeouterlimits said:
Having it be like the Halo 2 tin would be perfect. Not the ugly limited they did for Halo 3.
It would be cool if it looked like the Halo 2 LE. The Halo O on the front and a picture of Chief on the back walking around on the Halo holding a AR.

Risen said:
But there is almost no strafe... I don't see slowing it down as really changing things, this will give someone MORE time to adjust aim... so while sure as it is people can spam, reducing the time to kill and the length of time one has to hold good aim, slowing it down will allow more time to adjust, with no increased ability to strafe.

If you slow things down, lateral movement needs to increase, or I think it's a wash.

I know you've said in game in the past you don't mind bloom... but why is it you like it?

I mean I get having a 30/30 connection in NY with good latency, and not being affected by it much... thereby not really minding it; but even on LAN it doesn't appreciably increase any skill gap in good players - it only provides the chance that bad aim still results in a head shot, or that one can luck out on spamming at range.
I think he was being facetious

feel

Tashi0106 said:
I'm just hoping bloom stays in.
smq2k6.jpg

"I... I... I can't believe bloom is still in every playlist post-update. That Frankie guy must really hate me :( "

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
CyReN said:
Nice, I'll be working at the event for Reach. I arrive mid afternoon on Thursday. If this is your first event I HIGHLY recommend split practice before, even with a friend that's not so good so you can get used to it. Check out this thread on MLG if it is your first event.

I'll PM you my number, love to finally meet someone off this site. If you have any questions or anything feel free to hit me up. I'll be lanning H1 at nights too.
Yea I'm not worried about switching to LAN, I've done it with previous Halo games with no problems. I am worried about split screen though. I also need to practice specifically on Zealot and Countdown for that reason.

Awesome! It'll be nice to meet you as well.

I actually have a question, my new headset just broke, perfect fucking timing. I don't think I can get it fixed in time. Also, just the microphone is broken, phones work fine. Any recommendations? Should I go buy a shitty little 2.5 mm cell phone mic and use that under my headphones?

Edit: that was a joke post Risen lol

CyReN

Tashi0106 said:
Yea I'm not worried about switching to LAN, I've done it with previous Halo games with no problems. I am worried about split screen though. I also need to practice specifically on Zealot and Countdown for that reason.

Awesome! It'll be nice to meet you as well.

I actually have a question, my new headset just broke, perfect fucking timing. I don't think I can get it fixed in time. Also, just the microphone is broken, phones work fine. Any recommendations? Should I go buy a shitty little 2.5 mm cell phone mic and use that under my headphones?

Edit: that was a joke post Risen lol

If it will be a good substitute then yea. The venue going to be LOUD so at least bring headphones even if they are closed ear. If you own Astros Headphones you can take it to their booth at the event and get them repaired/looked at.

Start splitting asap also, even if no one there's go into a unranked playlist and just practice with yourself and 1 person sitting idle.

Top Bottom