• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

PooBone

Plywood said:
ino7x07j57.gif
BWAHAHAHAH!

Awesome Barlow said:
Xbox connect is missing NPPTools.dll. I can't remember where to go to download this. I remember doing it on my old PC.

Download WinPCap. It worked for me. Just do a quick google search. Should be the top link.

kylej said:
Eff Guardian. Bring back Construct, the unsung hero of H3 MLG.

Featuring TruBounce Technology! Grenades always go where you want them to go!

I'd like to see a BTB up-sized version of Construct. Could be cool or something, I dunno.

Havok said:
My snarkiness regarding that map is really just for its placement decisions (it only really applies to default Guardian). Overshield behavior and placement were a nightmare- that plus Maulers pre-removal basically killed all the appreciation that I had for the mostly well-designed layout.
That's true. Elbow spawn was crazy-overpowered on base settings. And it really only worked well with BR starts too, but I guess you could say that about all the maps.

kylej said:
Eff Guardian. Bring back Construct, the unsung hero of H3 MLG.
MLG Construct was great. Countdown is a poor substitute.

Homeboyd

I'm about 73% sure the last MP map is going to be several remakes attached together. Terminal, Headlong and an underground Waterworks.

Ok 72%.

Bregmann Roche said:
Featuring TruBounce Technology! Grenades always go where you want them to go!

I will never understand why they messed with Grenade physics for Reach.

Seriously. Most of the time I feel like this kid:

004470_9.jpg

But Halo 3 Grenades:

tumblr_l6el3uLB511qaw5yz.jpg

Homeboyd said:
I'm about 73% sure the last MP map is going to be several remakes attached together. Terminal, Headlong and and underground Waterworks.

Ok 72%.

I have thought about this too. I just don't see it happening though. Making Halo: CE Anniversary would've been hard enough given the time frame/scope of the project. For them to also do basically as many maps as Reach shipped with is just too much to ask of mere mortals.

There. The above should qualify as a significant enough egg-on-my-face FyreWulffesque post. This will guarantee that I will be buried by ridicule, but at least we'll get moar sweeeet mapz.

wwm0nkey

Letters said:
Oh you guys left for Reach.. ouch :/

We should do a whole night of Halo 2 customs sometime.
I will do a whole set up guide for XBC because it can make someone homicidal trying to set it up.

We shall do Halo 2 customs night soon though.

MrBig

Letters said:
Oh you guys left for Reach.. ouch :/

We should do a whole night of Halo 2 customs sometime.
It'd take a bit of troubleshooting and planning to get everyone working properly. I'm done for the moment,

feel

MrBig said:
It'd take a bit of troubleshooting and planning to get everyone working properly. I'm done for the moment,
Yeah that can be annoying. After I noticed you guys were playing, I just reinstalled XBC (usually play on xlink-kai) and hooked the xbox360 to my laptop with an ethernet cable to bypass any kind of router or other issues that could've surfaced, a few seconds later I was in Beaver Creek Battle Rifle heaven.

Sean P.

Are people playing reach without DLC maps? That I am missing on this box D:

If so I'd love to join

EDIT: Looks like you people are full

BackdoorBeauty said:
Construct was great, TS and King (which is missing from MLG today, largely because hill sequencing is broken)
I was under the impression that sequencing was fixed long ago. Why didn't MLG ever pick it back up? I always enjoyed watching MLG King on Construct.

squidhands said:
I was under the impression that sequencing was fixed long ago. Why didn't MLG ever pick it back up? I always enjoyed watching MLG King on Construct.
Well there's no non-Crazy King in matchmaking. I just always assumed they didn't bother.

Sean P.

The Real Napsta said:
Just redownload them. Or just play, not like you get them much in MM anyway.

Bought them on a friends account during the past school year.

And they are in premium slayer, mad cock blockage

thezerofire said:
Well there's no non-Crazy King in matchmaking. I just always assumed they didn't bother.
Such a shame. Normal KOTH is one of my favorite gametypes besides flag in Halo. :-\

A27_StarWolf said:
What if by that comment... he meant...

A additional campaign mission where you fight the Death Star trench run in a Sabre?!?!
No droid, no sale.

A better looking map than Beaver Creek? Headlong in beautiful white/green Reach city style?

Edit.: Awesome I thought that I wouldn't get my HBO t-shirt before PAX. <3. Now I can pick it up locally.

Blinding

squidhands said:

Because the game testing process at MLG was laughable at best until the community spoke up about it after v3 was released. Since then they've tested a lot of community forge maps and gametypes, including King, but it's really up to the community as a whole and the pros to determine if it makes it in or not via the new process.

MrBig

Gabotron ES said:
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/6550/grdbeavercreekhaloreach.png[IMG]

From the IGN Beaver Creek footage.[/QUOTE]
Looks like a miniature spartan wearing the BOB helmet.
A new gametype based on Giants?

Hypertrooper said:
A better looking map than Beaver Creek? Headlong in beautiful white/green Reach city style?

Edit.: Awesome I thought that I wouldn't get my HBO t-shirt before PAX. <3. Now I can pick it up locally.

Backwash remake with bright fun happy colors?

I never got to play on that map, why was it so bad, anyway.

Blinding said:
Because the game testing process at MLG was laughable at best until the community spoke up about it after v3 was released. Since then they've tested a lot of community forge maps and gametypes, including King, but it's really up to the community as a whole and the pros to determine if it makes it in or not via the new process.
That makes a lot more sense. Thanks.

Tunavi

Banned
Homeboyd said:
And the FF map.. are we confident we know what it is?

And the "new" feature... flood? Objectives?

CHAINHOGS!?
holy fuck, firefight with flood and chainhogs..............capture the flag would be awesome but I dont see that happening

feel

Seems like some military containers that would usually sit next to one of the walls for decoration and got moved by a recent skirmish.

ElRenoRaven

Gabotron ES said:
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/6550/grdbeavercreekhaloreach.png[IMG]

From the IGN Beaver Creek footage.[/QUOTE]

I've looked over it closely and it looks almost like a stuffed Spartan toy or something. I know I'm probably wrong though because that doesn't make any sense. Forgive crudeness but see

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/b7fEu.jpg

Top Bottom