• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

-Yeti said:
Haha, yeah I see your server on Halo CE, devo.

Anyway, I see your server monkey, but can't join it.

It just says that, changed the label. Try now, wondering if I have to change firewall settings or something.

lybertyboy said:
No, there is another.
victorsandoval.jpg

MrBig

Devo you've got some issues. Me and monkey can connect but a connection cannot be made between me and you or between you and Monkey.

Louis Wu

Devin Olsen said:
HaloPC 20 Minute Farewell Montage. Man do I wish the netcode for this game was just a little better, I think I would still be playing it today if the netcode wasn't complete trash.
lol - the netcode is what prompted my comments about not being interested. Watching someone leading targets at less than half the distance across BG with a SNIPER... bleh.

lybertyboy said:
No, there is another.
PRINCESS LEIA MAP FOR H:A CONFIRMED

Fake Edit: beaten badly

Louis Wu

Bregmann Roche said:
If that WolvGui_rine shop doesnt become his new avatar I will cry tears. Many tears.
Would be hard to make it much bigger than this (you'd need to fill in content that doesn't
exist):

wolvguirine.jpg

(By 'bigger', I mean 'include more of the content that makes it obvious it's Wolverine')

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
MrBig said:
Devo you've got some issues. Me and monkey can connect but a connection cannot be made between me and you or between you and Monkey.

"Xbconnect and XBkai worked perfectly, why don't you guys just use that?"

PNut

Banned
I'm trying to setup XBConnect too but I can't even figure out how to set the damn thing up between my xbox, router, and modem.

I can see you guys on the server list though.

MrBig

OuterWorldVoice said:
"Xbconnect and XBkai worked perfectly, why don't you guys just use that?"
If you're referencing what I had said in the CEA thread, I said that there were those options for those who want to play on console, with the best option being PC. There is still a whole host of problems with connection issues on Reach and XBL.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
MrBig said:
If you're referencing what I had said in the CEA thread, I said that there were those options for those who want to play on console, with the best option being PC. There is still a whole host of problems with connection issues on Reach and XBL.

If course there are. And actually XBConnect and its ilk ARE excellent solutions to a problem. But they were never an opimum path, obviously. Anyway I was making a joke.

Louis Wu said:
PRINCESS LEIA MAP FOR H:A CONFIRMED

Fake Edit: beaten badly
He's using Yoda's quote, so I'm convinced it's a remake of Dagobah Backwash (complete with the massive lag when invis was on the map). B3LIEv3.

MrBig

OuterWorldVoice said:
If course there are. And actually XBConnect and its ilk ARE excellent solutions to a problem. But they were never an opimum path, obviously. Anyway I was making a joke.
Yeah :)

Playing Beaver Creak. Need people.

Louis Wu said:
Would be hard to make it much bigger than this (you'd need to fill in content that doesn't
exist)

Are you implying that Wolverine doesn't exist? How DARE you!

And did Frankie just go all corporate on us and make fun of people trying to restore online functionality to a game that they love? Don't sweat it Frankie, in a couple of weeks they'll give up on old Haloz because they'll be too busy playing the magnificence that is ReachTU. Right? RIGHT???

squidhands said:
He's using Yoda's quote, so I'm convinced it's a remake of Dagobah Backwash (complete with the massive lag when invis was on the map). B3LIEv3.

Well if it looked anything like the CEA footage of 343GS...

it would still be a terrible map. Gorgeous, but terrible.

Heh, "Jub Jub."

Edit:
Bregmann Roche said:
And did Frankie just go all corporate on us and make fun of people trying to restore online functionality to a game that they love? Don't sweat it Frankie, in a couple of weeks they'll give up on old Haloz because they'll be too busy playing the magnificence that is ReachTU. Right? RIGHT???
No, he was making fun of the people that complained about no Halo 1 multiplayer on CEA; specifically the ones that cited XBC/Xlink Kai as a reasonable solution to putting Halo 1 multiplayer online.

Beaver Creek will be the first non-forged Reach map that has a well defined Red Base and Blue Base.

(Okay, Anchor 9 and Tempest have bases. Get those often? I never do.)

BackdoorBeauty said:
Beaver Creek will be the first non-forged Reach map that has a well defined Red Base and Blue Base.

(Okay, Anchor 9 and Tempest have bases. Get those often? I never do.)
I can never tell where the hell I am on Tempest

Havok said:
A pale shadow of a Halo 2 map? Sounds about right.

I thought Guardian was a great play space, ambiance, shooting angles and trick jumps. It played great.

Even MLG kept it for Ball in the end.

Not to mention fantastic callouts! I don't have the right words for it, but Guardian felt like it had 'defined' spaces.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
squidhands said:
Huh, you might be on to something. Not my favorite map by any means, but could be interesting.

ncsuDuncan said:
Edit:

No, he was making fun of the people that complained about no Halo 1 multiplayer on CEA; specifically the ones that cited XBC/Xlink Kai as a reasonable solution to putting Halo 1 multiplayer online.

If I was Frankie... ... ... hold on, just had to wake up from the fainting spell that caused. If I was Frankie, I would just come in here and say "My name is Frank O'Connor. I ship games and shit cinderblocks, what do you people do?".

Boom. Roasted.

...myself...

ncsuDuncan said:
Well if it looked anything like the CEA footage of 343GS...

it would still be a terrible map. Gorgeous, but terrible.
I actually enjoyed playing FFA with my wife and friends on it, but I agree it was a really, really bad map for anything else. Still better than Reach though, amirite? ;-)

omg.kittens said:
Huh, you might be on to something. Not my favorite map by any means, but could be interesting.
I could go for some Cloud City, personally. Carbonite freeze area, and when you fall into the pit you get turned into Han Solo.

Havok

thezerofire said:
It was great in its own ways. Not the base map, obviously, but the MLG version was glorious. So many ways to get around it.
BackdoorBeauty said:
I thought Guardian was a great play space, ambiance, shooting angles and trick jumps. It played great.

Even MLG kept it for Ball in the end.

Not to mention fantastic callouts! I don't have the right words for it, but Guardian felt like it had 'defined' spaces.
My snarkiness regarding that map is really just for its placement decisions (it only really applies to default Guardian). Overshield behavior and placement were a nightmare- that plus Maulers pre-removal basically killed all the appreciation that I had for the mostly well-designed layout.

Top Bottom