• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

HiredN00bs said:
I still haven't had a chance to open my limited edition one. It's still shrink-wrapped in the box it shipped in.

Ghaleon was banned? Sucks. The past two weeks went pretty quickly for me.
Welcome back :p

I want to buy that Great Journey book, but I'm also trying to save as much money as I can. Dammit. I'm just gonna have to hope it's still available after the holidays... ><

senador

Banned
HiredN00bs said:
I still haven't had a chance to open my limited edition one. It's still shrink-wrapped in the box it shipped in.

Ghaleon was banned? Sucks. The past two weeks went pretty quickly for me.

Wow that went by fast. Get on that, its an awesome book.

Blue Ninja said:
I want to buy that Great Journey book, but I'm also trying to save as much money as I can. Dammit. I'm just gonna have to hope it's still available after the holidays... ><

You won't be disappointed. I bought it after missing out on Encyclopedia round 1 and the Halo 3 art book when I decided to wait, plus Amazon has it on sale.

senador said:
You won't be disappointed. I bought it after missing out on Encyclopedia round 1 and the Halo 3 art book when I decided to wait, plus Amazon has it on sale.
I'll keep it in mind. Maybe I can convince one of my parents it'd make a nice holiday present. :lol

ElRenoRaven

ElRenoRaven

Hitmonchan107 said:
Game launches are exhausting. Phew.

I'm sad to hear about Ghaleon's ban. Hopefully he'll be back before OT7.

Seriously doubt it seeing as how we're only a bit more then 10 pages away. So a simple thousand posts or so and we're to it.

PsychoRaven said:
Seriously doubt it seeing as how we're only a bit more then 10 pages away. So a simple thousand posts or so and we're to it.
D'oh! I didn't realize how close we were. :^(

vhfive said:
EVERYONE STOP POSTING NOW
Honestly...

Yep, I'll stop posting.

Wake me when you need me.

ElRenoRaven

Ah ha. Multiplayer achievements are in Anniversary

Top Shot
Get 3 headshot kills in a row in a matchmade game.
50 points

Emergency Room
Infect 3 players in a single round in a matchmade Infection game.
15 points

Stick it to the Man!
Stick and kill the flag carrier with a Plasma Grenade in a matchmade game.
20 points

Dive Bomber
Perform a Beat Down on an enemy player while using the Jetpack during a matchmade game.
50 points

License to Kill
Run over 5 people with a Ghost in a matchmade game.
15 points

Bounty Hunter
Capture 10 skulls at once in a matchmade Headhunter game.
75 points

From Hell's Heart
Kill an enemy player that sticks you with a Plasma Grenade with their own grenade in a matchmade game.
25 points

ElRenoRaven

That's the gametype that is rare where you kill people and pick up skulls. Then you have to try and get to a scoring zone without dying or you drop all the skulls you've collected.

senador

Banned
Goooooo.

I hope they can be done in customs.

PsychoRaven said:
Nope. Matchmaking only from the descriptions there.

Right, but some of the current Reach "matchmaking only" ones can be had in customs.

Falt

PsychoRaven said:
Ah ha. Multiplayer achievements are in Anniversary

Sneaky way for 343i to extend Reach's Achievements. I wonder what the ratio is, campaign to mp achievements.

License to Kill
Run over 5 people with a Ghost in a matchmade game.

Bah!

H3 had similar achievements with "Look both ways" (splatter spree) and "Ghost Patrol"(3 kills with a ghost). I never liked the way those particular achievements directed the gameplay.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
PsychoRaven said:
That's the gametype that is rare where you kill people and pick up skulls. Then you have to try and get to a scoring zone without dying or you drop all the skulls you've collected.
Rocket Race, Stockpile, Headhunter.

Okay, got it.

Havok

Are you kidding me? Gametype specific achievements again. With the biggest emphasis placed on Headhunter, the gametype that nobody likes.

Come on. Multiplayer achievements already suck. Somehow, all of the Halo multiplayer achievements are worse than almost any other multiplayer achievements out there. That's seriously impressive.

All you're doing is making people act like jackholes in matchmaking. Now we have assholes in Ghosts not going after the flag, we have people not firing their weapon in order to stick the flag carrier (who they let grab the flag instead of guarding the base), we have people watching their teammates in Headhunter waiting for them to die, and we have people jetpacking 3 feet off the ground the entire game. Good job, you really nailed it! There's a way to do this stuff right. It's not emphasizing completely nonsensical gameplay that just reinforces the population's idiotic behavior.

ElRenoRaven

Falt said:
H3 had similar achievements with "Look both ways" (splatter spree) and "Ghost Patrol"(3 kills with a ghost). I never liked the way those particular achievements directed the gameplay.

Yea. I don't like achievements that force you into a gametype, playlist, or just change your playstyle. That's why I honestly don't really go out of my way to get multiplayer achievements anymore because I'm not that good and at the same time it forces you to play how you wouldn't without it existing. However if it can be gotten with a group or in a custom then I sometimes get them.

MrBig

Ugh. Those are worthless achievements. I'll just do them in customs and not worry about them.

e: though Stick it to the Man! is cool.

feel

Dammit 343i, you're not supposed to follow bungie's footsteps that precisely! Copy the good and learn from the bad.

blamite

Dammit 343, you ust made me remember how much I hate Headhunter. And Infection. And jetpacks.

I do not like these achievements.

Havok

PsychoRaven said:
Can they be boosted. Aren't the playlists they're in limited to how many can join as a group?
Some of them aren't - or at least party splitting is turned on whenever I've seen it Lets just ponder how ridiculous that is.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
PsychoRaven said:
Can they be boosted? Aren't the playlists they're in limited to how many can join as a group?
Ideally, 343i would release the matchmaking gametype for Noble achievements, and Anniversary achievements, so we can just get this garbage done with in customs like we did with Defiant.

MrBig

PsychoRaven said:
Can they be boosted? Aren't the playlists they're in limited to how many can join as a group?
You don't even have to go that far. You can just load the gametypes in customs.

ElRenoRaven

Havok said:
Some of them aren't. Lets just ponder how ridiculous that is.

Yea. I honestly wish that if they're going to have MP achievements, make them so they can be accomplished in custom games. If not at least make them achievements that make you work for them and can be gotten over time via playing the game. Make them something like get 1,000 head shots, or 1,000 grenade sticks. Stuff that you would get over time playing multiplayer.

MrBig said:
You don't even have to go that far. You can just load the gametypes in customs.

Um they say they can only be gotten in matchmaking so I don't think that would work.

*Edit*

Wait you can get achievements in customs that you shouldn't be able to? Really? Why haven't I heard of this? Hmmmm

Top Bottom