• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

OuterWorldVoice said:
This used to be true, but was changed during test. Now they are all found in the same location, regardless of difficulty. In part so that players can switch difficulty in saved games, but there were other, more tedious reasons.

The first one is very simple to find. They get progressively harder, however.
I accept your challenge.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Lyphen said:
Article doesn't actually mention classic mode for comparison, but Xbox Originals.

I'm not questioning anyone's experience, but I'm not sure I'd use playing Halo: CE through emulation on Xbox Originals as a barometer. We've had original Xbox's sitting at our desks throughout the process of developing Halo: Anniversary as a secondary means on confirming everything feels and plays the same.

The performance in Anniversary should be better than the original Halo: CE on Xbox 1 or through Xbox Originals.

one more thing:

pro-tip, DO NOT betray your entire team with a wraith mortar even after you've completed the final objective in invasion and the music is playing.

booted.

whoops.

/the more you know.

minasodaboy said:
one more thing:

pro-tip, DO NOT betray your entire team with a wraith mortar even after you've completed the final objective in invasion and the music is playing.

booted.

whoops.

/the more you know.
:lol that happens to me a lot, Marty's score segregates too much adrenaline and sometimes celebratory crouching just isn't enough.

Is this a shield wall? Can we go/forge outside?

wi835z.jpg

minasodaboy said:
one more thing:

booted.

whoops.

/the more you know.
But it feels soooo good!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Anymore new MP vids? That's what I really want right now. Waiting on Campaign stuff.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Top tip: say, 'Xbox, Locate Terminalz,' to your kinect. Then wait.
Holy shit, this made me spit out my frosted mini wheats, hahaha.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
So where's Cortana? I bet they skanked her up with a huge booty and whatnot. Or maybe they might have changed her to look like she does in the Halo 4 teaser.

FyreWulff

Hypertrooper said:
You get a first glimpse of Cortana. If you want to see it.
It's the Halo 3 model.

Yessss

king picollo said:
That always seemed odd to me the way invasion would continue for a bit after the game ended?

It was mentioned in one of the playlist updates. I guess they had to do it to fix a bug or something

Changelist said:
Invasion
* The game score is now set per frame tick based off of the current phase
* A failsafe game end timer has been added to catch any possible bad cases of Invasion games not ending properly

feel

Did they change the time of day on "Halo"? :/

ElzarTheBam said:
Anyone ask for a little first blood gameplay?

More clips on IGN's YouTube page.
Clicks, sees loadouts, bails out.

Where's Classic, 343i?

Slightly Live said:
clicks, bails out
clicks, bails out
clicks, bails out
clicks, bails out
clicks, bails out

ElRenoRaven

ElzarTheBam said:
Anyone ask for a little first blood gameplay?

More clips on IGN's YouTube page.

Oh god. Whoever was playing sucks. You have a damn radar for the love of god. Then oh that awful grenade throw. And he ran to the ghost. The ghost should have just boosted over him.

Letters said:
Did they change the time of day on "Halo"? :/

Clicks, sees loadouts, bails out.

Where's Classic, 343i?

clicks, bails out
clicks, bails out
clicks, bails out
clicks, bails out
clicks, bails out

So awful. so very very awful. How can you honestly be that bad at the game. shudders

Louis Wu

I simply do not understand posting totally incompetent gameplay just so you can say "we have gameplay!"

daedalius said:
Damn, that guy didn't use the pistol at all!
The guy in the Needler clip actually started to swap his AR for the Needler... then changed his mind and swapped the pistol instead. :(

FyreWulff said:
I would be the best preview clip player ever

pick up every gun and shoot it at least once, just for the internet

The internet would scream at you for only using the Pistol once.

Woah those videos really do suck lol.

ElRenoRaven

Lyphen said:
http://youtu.be/2gdLQIFS_wc?t=29s

Who the hell greenlights this for public consumption. My God.

Idiots would. There is a reason I can't stand IGN anymore. They're just awful. Anyone worth a damn left there long ago or got fired for being honest. I honestly think that most of those left really don't know what a game is even though that's what they're supposed to write about.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
FyreWulff said:
I would be the best preview clip player ever

pick up every gun and shoot it at least once, just for the internet
No way I would be. Everyone of my gameplays would be a fuckin montage.

Edit: So I found out that the person with the GT "Tashi" is a gold member but doesn't even play. :( I'll never get that gamertag.

ElRenoRaven

ElzarTheBam said:
Heads up, longer vids on gamespots YouTube channel, like this vid of breakneck.

Quite a few campaign and MP.

They're not any better gameplay wise. Is it like a requirement that as a game journalist and I use that term loosely, that you totally suck at games?

PsychoRaven said:
They're not any better gameplay wise. Is it like a requirement that as a game journalist and I use that term loosely, that you totally suck at games?

I never guaranteed quality! : )

Btw opening vid, you have been warned!

Louis Wu

ElzarTheBam said:
There's a dude sitting in front of the first Terminal - all four screens are screaming "INCOMING MESSAGE" in flashing red and blue... and he's just sitting there, calmly typing. :(

lybertyboy said:
His eyes see in classic mode. :)
I lol'd. ;)

Edit: omg, is that Dave Gasca helping to thaw the Chief?

lybertyboy

Louis Wu said:
There's a dude sitting in front of the first Terminal - all four screens are screaming "INCOMING MESSAGE" in flashing red and blue... and he's just sitting there, calmly typing. :(

His eyes see in classic mode. :)

ElRenoRaven

ElzarTheBam said:
I never guaranteed quality! : )

Bah I couldn't resist. Screw it. I fail at going dark. I do have some concerns based off that though.

1. Framerate don't seem locked. It could be their video but I noticed some stutter.

2. Um their mouths don't seem to sync up to their words. This is more noticeable with the Johnson speech. It's not a case of dialog being out of sync either because he quits speaking at the same time the audio stops. It's very disturbing for some reason.

FyreWulff said:
Whoever decided that Cortana should be the
________ Halo 3
model should get an award, or possibly a cookie.

Yes they should. Nice to see some consistency now. Hopefully with Halo 2 Anniversary she'll be made to look the same too.

'Gaming' journalists doing Halo no justice at all as usual.

I hope the banshee is nerfed for Headlong ala the Avalanche Hornet.

The Real Napsta said:
Is bumper Jumper available in Halo CEA campaign BTW? Sorry if this has already been asked/answered.

I've asked this several times, and, judging by 343's silence, I don't think it's in there :(

Really hope we see that 3 shot, rof capped magnum, if not today then in Wednesday's update.

ElRenoRaven

thee henery said:
'Gaming' journalists doing Halo no justice at all as usual.

I hope the banshee is nerfed for Headlong ala the Avalanche Hornet.

I've asked this several times, and, judging by 343's silence, I don't think it's in there :(

Really hope we see that 3 shot, rof capped magnum, if not today then in Wednesday's update.

I have to say I don't like the way they don't answer when something isn't there or fixed either. It seems to be a trend. Just man up and answer even if it isn't the answer that people want to hear. They'll respect you for it in the end.

lybertyboy

thee henery said:

I don't have a build in front of me to answer 100%, but I'm pretty sure it is. I'm back in the office tomorrow so I'll check first thing.

Edit: That "man enough" for you Psycho? Geez.

ElRenoRaven

lybertyboy said:
I don't have a build in front of me to answer 100%, but I'm pretty sure it is. I'm back in the office tomorrow so I'll check first thing.

Broken record time. Shotgun graphics bug? Fixed? In retail? I swear we won't riot if the answer is yes it's still there. It's ok.

*edit*

Woot woot 20,000th post. Suck it!!!

Top Bottom