• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Madness

Well that sounds good. Was this confirmed somewhere?

I need to see the receipts.gif

Damn, now I'm not so certain. I checked the OP of the MCC thread, and it was someone else who wrote Halo 2 would be 1080p/60, and nowhere did Frank confirm or deny anything specifically this and IGN's wording says every other game will run at 1080p/60fps, so I'm not sure.

I'd imagine Halo 2 would run at 1080p/60, but I'm not sure a resolution switch happens like that. Maybe both H2A and H2 are 1328x1080/60 frames.

TheOddOne

anyone but fracas is cool with me

edit: fuck
Robert-DeNiro-Laughing-Awards-Ceremony.gif

Fuchsdh

Maybe it's a distinction without a difference, but why are we doing HaloGAF |OT|s now instead of just going back to the Halo |OT|?

danwarb

I don't believe so, since it's still running both engines at once with the instant switch, it takes the same amount of power on classic and anniversary graphics.

There's no reaseon for OG H2 to be the same size. You can switch resolution when you switch framebuffer.

On the subject of resolution, the quality of scaling now means the more pixels, the sharper the image, even if it's an odd resolution here. AA is more important along with FPS.

-Ryn

Banned
I figure i won't be using it much though. A bit clumsy to use, and there are too many threads/posts per page and i can't figure out how, or even if, one can reduce that. Lumia 630 doesn't have very big display (and that is not an issue for me really).
I find it good for speed reading but if you want to quote multiple posts it's a pain. Overall it's a nice interface though. Up until a couple months ago I only post via mobile since I didn't have a PC.

Oh, and speaking of phones and apps, Xbox Smartglass. Is it useful?
And does Halo Waypoint have dedicated smartphone app?
I only really use it for sending xbox messages but it's a nice app.

OT: Don't make a girl a promise...
OT: The in your face inner space unified interface
OT: Oh, I know what the ladies like
OT: The War on Color
OT: I need a wet one
OT: Frank beats everything
OT: Halocyon Days
Perfect

Hmmmmmm

Time to use poop blizzard in my regular vocabulary.
image.php

willow ve

Maybe it's a distinction without a difference, but why are we doing HaloGAF |OT|s now instead of just going back to the Halo |OT|?
I thought it was a clear sign that these threads are really just the HaloGAF community and we only sometimes talk about Halo.

dwells

Probably still bitching about how 1328x1080 isn't 'real' 1080p.
Well, seeing as real 1080p is some 45% more pixels than 1328x1080, they would have a point.

I'd imagine Halo 2 would run at 1080p/60, but I'm not sure a resolution switch happens like that. Maybe both H2A and H2 are 1328x1080/60 frames.

I'm betting both are 1328x1080. It would be much easier to deal with from a developer standpoint.

You have a point. Well, if the netcode is patched well enough.

No.

Anybody know why this keeps happening to me?

I can't complete the level, because it crashes every time on this specific spot...

Because it's a crappy port. Could be a corrupted save, could be any number of things.

NOKYARD

I can't complete the level, because it crashes every time on this specific spot...
It's Vista's way of rolling it's eyes because it's like the third time someone crashes a flying vehicle into a solid wall slightly below a ledge and somehow climbs a smooth flat surface to safety.
I don't know why it happens

Anybody know why this keeps happening to me?

Try this mein freund:
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2763414_Halo-2-Vista-Stopped-Working.aspx

Also, if that doesn't work try to run the game in compatibility mode for Vista. I assume you don't own the Operating System "Vista", but you have Windows 7? Then run the game "As Administrator." Some people say to install an older version of Games for Windows Live: http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/252972-how-get-halo-2-working-under-windows-7-a.html

Viel gluck!

-Ryn

Banned
fracas(ugh) better have that OT ready cuz we're gonna zoom past 20k once those IGN Day One Playlists come out

SMG starts in 2014
So what's the deal with those "weapon sets" that we've seen for the anniversary multiplayer? Do we know if they are across all gametypes?

So what's the deal with those "weapon sets" that we've seen for the anniversary multiplayer? Do we know if they are across all gametypes?

Frankles confirmed that it was a left over bug or left over code that will not be in the final game. He also mentioned that SMG starts are not a thing in larger maps.

m23

Excited too see the playlists today. Maybe that means they are open to feedback before launch on the playlists.

-Ryn

Banned
Because its essentially Loadouts. Which are garbage.
I just realized...
is that a Homestuck avi?

Frankles confirmed that it was a left over bug or left over code that will not be in the final game. He also mentioned that SMG starts are not a thing in larger maps.
Radical. Though I don't mind loadouts that only let you choose your primary weapon in Halo, it's good to hear we won't just be spraying ineffectually at each other.

Jesus, we've been blowing through the pages since the IGN first stuff. It's nice to have some actual news.
HaloGaf is at it's best when it can talk about Halo lol

Impala26

Radical. Though I don't mind loadouts that only let you choose your primary weapon in Halo, it's good to hear we won't just be spraying ineffectually at each other.

Could not agree with you more. I see no problem with being able to choose to start with a Battle Rifle OR a Carbine, or in another case SMG OR Plasma Rifle. But beyond that, it becomes problematic. You should NEVER be able to start with something that's a one-hit kill (Plasma Grenade, Boltshot, etc.)

Reallly REALLLLLLLLY hoping for a competitive esports playlist that is 343's rules and not some other three-letter league's.

When Stinkles was rebuking me earlier for my ignorance (like a good Halo Rabbi should), he mentioned this:

Why would competitive players who DON'T like the stalactites choose to play with them on, when they could simply select "Lockout Anniversary" with indestructible center glass and no stalactites? (in matchmaking and especially in customs"
(Bold emphasis is my own)

If there is such a way to play a more "pure"/classic rendition of the game in matchmaking, I would imagine he's hinting at a competitive playlist. Not to mention the e-sports scene is heavily integrated into the Halo Channel so I see this as an even stronger possibility.

Akai__

Someone just copy/paste Kyle's epic OT

Best OT ever.

It's Vista's way of rolling it's eyes because it's like the third time someone crashes a flying vehicle into a solid wall slightly below a ledge and somehow climbs a smooth flat surface to safety.
I don't know why it happens

Halo 2's Vista Banshee controls feel pretty weird with mouse and keyboard.

Try this mein freund:
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2763414_Halo-2-Vista-Stopped-Working.aspx

Also, if that doesn't work try to run the game in compatibility mode for Vista. I assume you don't own the Operating System "Vista", but you have Windows 7? Then run the game "As Administrator." Some people say to install an older version of Games for Windows Live: http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/252972-how-get-halo-2-working-under-windows-7-a.html

Viel gluck!

Because it's a crappy port. Could be a corrupted save, could be any number of things.

Hmhh, I will have to look into this. I hope it's the Windows Essential thing (what the fuck by the way) or a corrupted save file, that only affects that mission.

Thing is, if I run it as Admin, I'll lose my savefile and have to start over. I don't want to start over for the 4th time on Legendary... -.-

Thanks everyone.

-Ryn

Banned
You're my favorite cephalopod

Could not agree with you more. I see no problem with being able to choose to start with a Battle Rifle OR a Carbine, or in another case SMG OR Plasma Rifle. But beyond that, it becomes problematic. You should NEVER be able to start with something that's a one-hit kill (Plasma Grenade, Boltshot, etc.)
I despised the Boltshot and hated when people spawned with the Plasma Pistol. Ruinous for close quarters and vehicle gameplay.

Top Bottom