• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamilton's Great Adventure |OT| Fat Indiana Jones and the Perilous Platforming Puzzle

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Here is the Steam link, it is 10% off ($8.99) until June 7th.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/42140/

This little indie game popped on yesterday on Steam and it seems like it could be a sleeper.

It's from Fatshark (Lead and Gold), which is made up of mostly ex-GRIN staff (Bionic Commando Rearmed).

Take part in an amazing adventure, guiding the explorer Ernest Hamilton and his friendly bird Sasha as they co-operate to solve crafty puzzles and challenges!

Progress through 60+ levels set in four unique and visually stunning environments. Enjoy co-op or single player gameplay featuring both action puzzling and traditional problem solving. Immerse yourself into the fantastic storyline filled with extravagant escapades and memorable characters. Join in on the fun as Hamilton’s Great Adventure delivers an exhilarating experience of family entertainment!
• Steam Leaderboards
• Steam Cloud
• Steam Achievements (21 in total)

nincompoop said:
Just bought Hamilton's Great Adventure and played for a bit. It's pretty good so far. The gameplay is actually a lot more similar to a really incredibly awesome homebrew game for PSP called The Legend of Zelda: The Stroke of Link. But I doubt anybody else besides me has ever played that, so for now the Puzzle Dimension comparisons will have to suffice.
Stallion Free said:
Aesthetically gorgeous, charming, feels great on the 360 pad, and simple yet entertaining mechanics.
Stallion Free said:
So yeah, you are looking at around 60+ levels total if they all match world 1 and quite a few took around 10+ minutes. Sick deal at 9$.

23ruyx2.jpg

2q2iqo4.jpg

1e9xsl.jpg

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
2D art assets in the UI seem to be low-rez on the Steam product page. Is that the case?

Whoa, if it really is like that Zelda homebrew game, I'm interested. I love these kinds of puzzles.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Nah, the 2d Assets looked fine in 1080p to me.

Also , mention that it is also exactly like Puzzle Dimension in the OT, only with timing being a factor.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
There will be a demo for the game in a week or so, according to Fatshark.

Lyphen said:
2D art assets in the UI seem to be low-rez on the Steam product page. Is that the case?
I haven't gotten a chance to play it, but I'd assume the Steam product page images are representative of the actual product.

At the most, Fatshark is active on the Steam forum for the game, you could address it there.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
It's a really great game and its true genius shines when you go back to get gold scores.

Apparently, there are some new levels coming soon.

Just downloaded 741,8 mb on Steam for me. Anyone else? I'm guessing it's like a 6 mb patch that caused the whole game to redownload but I can't find a changelog anywhere.

Bebpo

Banned
Wow, this is a sad |OT| for such a great game. I've been playing this on and off since the Steam Thanksgiving sale and it's really one of the best DD titles I've played this year if not of all years this gen. Really great puzzles and nice presentation.

That being said, if anyone else actually played this, have any tips for the end boss stage of world 3 (Egypt). The green stone rising puzzle at the final part is driving me nuts and I'm sick of doing the first 90 seconds over and over and over again (been stuck on it for about an hour). I liked when the game was about thinking puzzles and planning out the strategies to get all golds; when it becomes crazy fast reflex based...I'm might be bailing :\

Bebpo

Banned
Ok, cleared this with all golds. It was reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally good. And super polished. Getting all golds racked your brain and made you come up with the perfect strategies for each stage. I still think that weird rock puzzle at the end of area/world 3 was out of place and bad, but everything else was more thinking and less reflex (though the gem on the final stage in the last area/world had very tight timing).

Anyhow, this is an awesome awesome game. Easily one of the top5 $15 or under downloadable titles this generation. Why didn't anyone play it? :( I feel like if these guys (fatshark) were given a full AAA budget to work with they could be the next Rocksteady. Lead & Gold was neat and had good polish but was just another deathmatch game, but Hamilton is very original and well designed with great gameplay systems and top notch level designs. Very rewarding and good challenge.

Can't wait to see what these guys do next, will get their next game day 1. Wish more people would give this a shot. It's only $2.50 during the steam sale; it's too bad that it wasn't one of the games that had a daily gift achievement; that would have helped a lot to get word of mouth out.

Dascu

So this is actually good, huh? Added it to Steam wishlist. I'll pick it up at the end of the sale or on a daily.

Top Bottom