• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hardware Modding Geniuses - (Konga Bird)

olimario

Banned
I was wondering if there is a way to mix a wavebird and the Donky Konga Bongos.
It seems like it shouldn't be too much of a problem, but then again I know nothing about hardware modding.

If there is already one, please let me know.

kongabird.jpg

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Nice diagram lol. I say you put some japanese characters on the image and then give it some filename like "finalproto3.jpg" and then spread it all around the net saying you have a friend who lives in Japan and caught wind of this on a small japanese gaming site.

Edit: GAF will help spread the disinformation.

Very probably not, as the Wavebird has a gamepad PCB with wireless functions added, and the drums have their own PCB with god knows what type of functions.

The only way I can see this happening is this, and keep in mind I am completely making shit up:
If the wireless functions on the Wavebird were on a daughter board that attached to a standardish Cube pad PCB ( and I'm pretty certain that it isn't ) then you could take that daughterboard and wire it to be fed by the drum PCB.

I think the more likely mod would be a box that you could plug any Gamecube periphial into which would transmit the signal to a Wavebird or like reciever. You'd still have the cord but the range would be extended to the strength of the signal. But then there's the issue of how to power the pads.

none of this makes any sense, please disregard

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It wouldn't be neat, but you could open up the wavebird and konga controller, and wire the contacts from the kongas to the contacts for the wavebird buttons.

Can you play DK with a standard controller? Because you'd obviously need to know which buttons to attach to.

Top Bottom