• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle looks so damn bad....

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoplifter

Picture%203.jpg

MMMMM White Castles

How can you not be tempted.

It has that guy, that other guy, that dude director. I mean...awesome!

But yeah, it looks like another fucked up comedy like Dude, Where's... that just seems to go in random places for no reason other then when writing it, they were either smoking lots of weed or drinking a lot, or both. Good mindless stupid fun.

Pattergen

I've read only really good things about this. So far it looks far from a train wreck and closer to a legitimatly funny comedy. I can't wait to see it.

The trailer is kind of confusing. Do they get high in the beginning and then are high throughout the whole film, or is that just a scene that really has nothing to do with the rest of the film?

And yea, I think this movie looks pretty bad. It will do good though appealing to the American Pie/Van Wilder crowd.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Are the Beastie Boys in it? If no I am not seeing it...

"When I want a hotdog I go down to white castle *echo*!!!"

Lil' Dice

Banned
The only good thing about this movie is that during it's debut weekend there will be a lot less annoying idiots on the road.....

Gruco

Banned
I can't wait to see this movie. Loved Dude, Where's My Car, and this is definitely giving off the same vibe.

Ronabo

I will see this movie when it hits the Danberry Super Saver Cinemas.

probably while high as a kite

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Looks kinda funny to me, I've only seen the trailer once but it looked like something I might enjoy.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Anthony Anderson just continues to whore himself to any and every project that crosses his path...

way more

Even though Dude/Car sucked this actually looks kind of good. I'll still need to read like 30 reviews before I consider it.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window

Manders

Banned
LOL

It is at 100% on rt. Well that settles it. I'm definitely seeing it. It seems like it's going to have a lot of cameos in it, including that guy from Van Wilder, Fred Willard, and that Doogie Howser dude.

I just hope it doesn't fall apart at the end like Dude, where's my car did. The whole giant lady thing was lame. I would enjoy this movie if all they did was went to White Castle, and along the way some REALISTIC, but funny shit happened.

Pimpwerx

Yeah, it looks like one of those mindless summer comedies. I remember thinking Van Wilder looked like crap from the trailers, but I thought it was really funny when I rented the video. I hope they never stop making these kinds of movies. It's sometimes nice to just have a good laugh without thinking too much. PEACE.

Ferrio

Banned
I've I ever have a vacation that revolves around me going to the shittiest burger joint I could think of, kill me.

Jim Bowie

Blackace said:
Are the Beastie Boys in it? If no I am not seeing it...

"When I want a hotdog I go down to white castle *echo*!!!"

Also: "White Castle fries only come in one size *echo*!!!"

Jury's still out on this one. I love White Castle, and the plot sounds so ridiculously bad that it turns good and yet... Dude, Where's my Car?...

Commiting Suicide >> Dude, Where's My Car?

DJ_Tet

Banned
Jim Bowie said:
Also: "White Castle fries only come in one size *echo*!!!"

Jury's still out on this one. I love White Castle, and the plot sounds so ridiculously bad that it turns good and yet... Dude, Where's my Car?...

Commiting Suicide >> Dude, Where's My Car?

Dude, Where's My Car is one of the best comedies of this millenium. I can see why people hate it, but their opinion is pretty damn weak imo ;)

Prospero

Did anyone read the long New York Times review of this movie? It says things like this:

The impressive thing about "Harold and Kumar" is that it takes such blithe account of the fact of multiculturalism while having very little use for the concept. Or really, given its proud adherence to the standards of its genre, for any concept at all. It's not quite that ethnic differences don't exist, or that they're no big deal — being insulted or mocked or made to feel invisible has a way of turning into a big deal. It's more that belonging to a certain group has no inherent meaning and brings with it no particular obligations of behavior.

Whether confronted with racial taunts or with group expectations, Harold and Kumar tend to react by rolling their eyes. This stuff just gets in the way. In college campuses across the country, students today are carefully taught about the dangers of demeaning, negative imagery and about the historical marginality of nonwhite groups in a popular culture that has seen them as villains, clowns or nameless extras. The trailers for "Harold and Kumar" take satiric note of this tradition, identifying Mr. Penn as "that Indian guy from `Van Wilder' " and Mr. Cho as "that Asian guy from `American Pie.' " The movie itself picks at a few political scabs, as when the heroes share a jail cell with a racially profiled African-American lawyer who serenely schools them in the hierarchies of American social injustice.

calder

I kinda want to see it. We rented EuroTrip a few weeks ago and it was about a thousand times funnier/better/more naked than I had expected so maybe Harold & Kumar will surprise me with some good R rated stoner comedy.

BuddyC

I ended up catching a sneak peek last Friday. The movie is surprisingly good, perhaps even great. I'd be up to seeing it again.

BuddyChrist83 said:
I ended up catching a sneak peek last Friday. The movie is surprisingly good, perhaps even great. I'd be up to seeing it again.

Thats good to hear. I'm looking forward to a decent comedy this year after being hyped up and let down by Anchorman.

BuddyC

clipunderground said:
Thats good to hear. I'm looking forward to a decent comedy this year after being hyped up and let down by Anchorman.
It was good to see that all the best jokes weren't ruined by the trailer. It's actually worth watching.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
*Bump*

Saw it 2 nights ago, I was in tears by the end of the movie. I haven't laughed that hard in a very, very long time.

Substance

I think mrbob owes everybody an apology for tainting the film, calling it a 'trainwreck', when in reality, it turned to be a very solid film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom