• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has anyon ever returned Nike shoes directly to Nike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil' Dice

Banned
I bough a pair of Air Max shoes less than 6 months ago, and they're already falling apart at the seams. I only wear them to work and casually, i don't even wear them when i play sports.
They(Nike) have a program in which you can return defective shoes less than 3 years old, and receive a voucehr good for another pair of shoes. Has anyone ever returned their Nike shoes to the company directly? What was your experience?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I've heard this is a pretty awesome program. They give you the full original retail price, I believe.

I got a pair of fucking hot Nu-Retro Jordans at the outlet store a little over a year ago, and they're toast. I might have to mail them in. Thanks for reminding me!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
this is a urban legend. the thing is you send your old shoes and they turn them into the stuff they put on tracks.

Lil' Dice

Banned
sp0rsk said:
this is a urban legend. the thing is you send your old shoes and they turn them into the stuff they put on tracks.

No it's not. Check theirs site, they'll replace the shoes if it's proven to be a factory defect or shoddy workmanship.
I just want to know how long it takes to receive the voucher,a nd how much they give you....

Matlock

Banned
Beaverton, Ore. - Internet users who are receiving and responding to e-mail messages purportedly from Nike are the unwitting victims of a hoax. Several variations are being spread across cyber-space, all claiming offers that seem too good to be true. They aren't.

"Nike never sends unsolicited e-mails over the Internet," said Scott Reames, Nike corp. communications manager. "We do not condone these e-mail hoaxes, and are dismayed that well-intentioned people are being duped into wasting their time."

"If Nike were to make any sort of offer to consumers over the Internet, it would not be via unsolicited or 'chain' e-mails," according to Reames, but through its official Web site - www.nike.com. The company recommends those who receive an e-mail that alleges to be a Nike offer should visit the Web site to verify its authenticity.

"If there is nothing on nike.com that mentions a special offer, then the visitor to the site will know he or she has received a bogus message," Reames said. One of the hoax variations gives an invalid email address at Nike. E-mails sent to this address receive an automatic response informing the sender that he/she has been the victim of a hoax. Another variation alleges Nike will send back a new pair of shoes for every old pair sent to the company for recycling. Nike reiterates that all such offers did not originate with Nike and are false.

sp0rsk said:
Correct.

Seriously, now. If Nike had to replace all the shoes they sold that fell apart, there's no way they could afford to pay those great sweatshop wages.

Lil' Dice

Banned
Check this out, from the Nike website:
http://www.nike.com/nikebiz/nikebiz...HTB4QYYCQCGI1SF4YKAIZBQIZB?page=40&item=other

As mentioned previously, we have made arrangements with our authorized retail accounts to accept returns with material or workmanship flaws. It's important to check there first for fastest service. However, if you are not able to return an item to the original place of purchase, you can send certain products directly back to Nike for inspection (please review previous screen for applicable product). In general, if the product is found to have a material or workmanship flaw, a Niketown.com product voucher will be issued as a replacement. All product vouchers will be mailed via USPS. Some swimwear, children's apparel, cycling and golf accessories may receive direct product replacement instead of a product voucher. Direct product replacements will be of the same or comparable style as original item returned.
Terms and Conditions
Nike product return guidelines:
Some Nike products have specific guarantees and/or warranties. Please read the label, hang tag or packaging material for specific return information.

No refunds. All refunds must be obtained through the original place of purchase only.

No exchanges due to size, fit, or style selection problems.

For Niketown.com purchase returns click here.

Products purchased through Nike Factory Outlet stores must be returned or exchanged through a Nike Factory Outlet store. Visit Nike Outlet Stores for a listing of outlets in your area.

The following WILL NOT be accepted:

Footwear older than 3 years from the original date of manufacture. Any footwear returns exceeding the 3 year date of manufacture limit will be returned without inspection. The manufacturing date can be found on the tag inside the shoe.

Products Nike determines in its sole discretion to be free of any material or workmanship flaws.

Products evidencing excessive wear, misuse or alteration.

Size, fit, and style selection complaints.

Salesman samples

Returns from consumers residing outside the U.S.

Lil' Dice said:
No it's not. Check theirs site, they'll replace the shoes if it's proven to be a factory defect or shoddy workmanship.
I just want to know how long it takes to receive the voucher,a nd how much they give you....
Yeah, guess the truth is in the middle. In verifying that the mentioned hoax was a true hoax, I neglected to check what Nike's actual defective product policy is. Since the layout of nike.com seems crap, I did a Google search, and the best quick result was from their Canadian site.

http://www.nike.com/canada/siteInfo/faq.html
- We are strongly committed to developing the highest quality products in the industry and consumer feedback is vital to that process. Because of our commitment to quality, we guarantee our products to be free from manufacturing defects, when used under the conditions for which the product was designed. If you have purchased your product recently from an authorized Nike dealer, please be advised that your retailer may be able to provide you with quicker service and immediate replacement of your product within their store policies. Most authorized Nike retailers have a 2-3 month product guarantee.

If your product is deemed to be defective, we absolutely cannot guarantee that you will receive the identical item back. We will guarantee size, functionality and price. Your defective product will become our property and will be destroyed. Please consider these facts carefully before agreeing to proceed with your defective warranty claim.

So you can get a shoe replaced, but nothing like 3 years after being bought.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
every time you return shoes to nike, god beats a sweatshop laborer to death. wait, did i say "god"? i meant "a nike employee."

HAOHMARU

The last pair of Nike's I bought were my Primetime Neon Dion's back in '93. I loved those shoes...but I'll never buy another pair of Nike's again. Over priced garbage. How much are the Jordans these days...$180?

I'll stick to my Addidas for working out...and my Vans for skating and everyday stuff.

way more

My brother has successfully returned Nikes. The air pockets popped or something, anyway, its worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom