• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has anyone tryed Temu

nush

EOS0ll9.jpeg

Bojji

Everything I bought from them arrived after 2, 3 weeks. Everything was what I ordered but of course most of it is Chinese crap. But that's why I expected anyway...

3/5.

Last edited:

Mitsurux

Awhile back, when it seemed like everyone was taking about it, I decided to take a chance and place an order. I ordered a 20$ knock off Nintendo Pro Controller, a little Korok statue, and a stuffed animal for my daughter (Sand Seal from BotW). Took about 5 weeks, they thought the order go lost in the mail, so i was refunded, then about a week later everything arrive (So i got my order for free). The Pro Controller was (and still is) really great feels just like a official one (just no Nintendo logo), Korok statue was a little bit smaller then i though it would be but was also pretty decent quality (quite Heavy), the the stuff animal was of ok quality as well. Over all not to bad.

BlackTron

I am the eye-rolling uncool guy who expressed my thoughts about Temu when my event planner friend sent me an affiliate link for the precious discount. "hahaha they all already have all ur info" with a laugh emoji type response. Man they really have people trained not to give a shit, the snowball is unstoppable.

diffusionx

Gold Member
This. It's insane that with how the planet is going after Zara and H&M we decided we need MORE fast fashion (Temu, Shein), not less.
nooo we have to live in a pod and eat the bugs and get rid of our cars to save the world from .00005 degree warming, but yea, let's also simultaneously flood the planet with garbage disposable plastic junk that ends up in landfills and rivers.

Last edited:

Trilobit

Haven't tried Temu as I've never had any issues with Aliexpress. Cheap/free shipping, easy to see reviews and number of purchases, good supply and range of products. Though I've only bought items under $30 from there.

LimanimaPT

Internet spreads things like a virus. China online shopping exists for ages, but now, out of nowhere everyone talks about temu like it's something new and innovative. I can't remember the first time I used aliexpress, 10 years ago maybe...

Ownage

You can get cheap good quality stuff inside China. It's the crap they are exporting that sells because it has a nice photo.
Oh, the days at Lo Wu in Shenzhen, or AP Plaza in Shanghai. Some of that stuff I still use. Those who know...

The same items I have bought from Temu at home Depot sell for 10 times more. The same items, Temu sells for a fraction of the price than places like Home Depot, Walmart or Target.

Sorcerer

Everytime, I order something they get it to me in 3-4 days. I'd be wary of ordering electronics though. That said I heard stories of them selling Nintendo Switches for $50 dollars less than retail (US) and it being completely legit. So who knows?

SoloCamo

I won't use the app for obvious reasons (use a browser instead) but to be fair I've actually been pleasantly surprised by some of the things I've bought and the quality/price ratio. Certainly no worse than the off brand crap at amazon. I won't necessarily do electronics (for fire hazard reasons) but I'm not going to sit here and crap on them when walmart, amazon, ebay, etc. all sell similar garbage just at higher prices.

Great for novelty stuff and things you don't typically find in your average store. As random as this is, I bought a fork/knife holder (think of it a travel toothbrush container) for like $1.00 when Amazon wanted an identical one for $8-$10 or so. It does what it needs to do. I got a legit chemical guys bucket insert (keeps dirt separated when washing cars) for $5 when Amazon wanted $10, a huge mouse pad that is just as quality as any "gaming brand" for $5 when they normally are $20-25 elsewhere. I could go on, just be mindful of what you are buying but there is a reason people flock to the site. I'm just surprised I never tried alibaba.

Last edited:

Alebrije

Temu adds tell me I can get a brand new iPhone for 1 dollar here in México..maybe they Made a deal with Apple... ;)

Roxkis_ii

I learned my lesson early in life when it
Comes to buying cheap crap off Chinese websites. They take the most misleading pictures I've ever seen.

I remember buying an Mp3 player (showing my age here), and it came 3 months later and was nothing like it was described. Lol it looked like it had a touch screen, but instead it used the worst buttons on the side of the device.
It also sounded like ass. I don't remember what I paid, but I recall feeling like it was a good deal. Fool me once.

I especially don't trust temu. When you have have to advertise as much as they do, it gives a feeling of desperation.

Artoris

Gold Member
I learned my lesson early in life when it
Comes to buying cheap crap off Chinese websites. They take the most misleading pictures I've ever seen.

I remember buying an Mp3 player (showing my age here), and it came 3 months later and was nothing like it was described. Lol it looked like it had a touch screen, but instead it used the worst buttons on the side of the device.
It also sounded like ass. I don't remember what I paid, but I recall feeling like it was a good deal. Fool me once.

I especially don't trust temu. When you have have to advertise as much as they do, it gives a feeling of desperation.
The quality has improved it used to be bad

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
My wife ordered some stuff from there recently.

Cheap tat. Half of it was damaged. Luckily their returns process was pretty straightforward.

Never again.

Yes tried Temu. Shipping is x100 times faster than Ali Express. Only negative is that Temu keeps throwing discounts at you the moment you open the app. It's so distracting at times but no issues with the experience on Temu.

Ali Express is still good but shipping can be an issue sometimes. Bought something from Ali and it showed up months later to the point where even I wondered who sent me the item 😂

EDIT: Oh and Temu your order has to be over $35 before you can proceed to checkout. With Ali Express you can checkout with a toothpick in your cart with 0 issues.

Last edited:

LimanimaPT

Yes tried Temu. Shipping is x100 times faster than Ali Express. Only negative is that Temu keeps throwing discounts at you the moment you open the app. It's so distracting at times but no issues with the experience on Temu.

Ali Express is still good but shipping can be an issue sometimes. Bought something from Ali and it showed up months later to the point where even I wondered who sent me the item 😂

EDIT: Oh and Temu your order has to be over $35 before you can proceed to checkout. With Ali Express you can checkout with a toothpick in your cart with 0 issues.
Deliveries have been quite fast in aliexpress for some time now.

Fbh

Got one of these Alexander pots from them
c4466e832224b469426cf752ca7f5b9b.jpg

They had a promotion for new users which made it like $5 with free shipping
It arrived on time, looks exactly like the picture and the quality is great for the price.

That said, once you no longer have that new customer discount I don't really see the appeal. It's the same stuff you find on Aliexpress except usually more expensive. So I just uninstalled it.

SoloCamo

Temu has a $15 min for me?

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
It sells aliexpress/ebay chinese stuff with a hiked price because half their budget is marketing, especially on social media. Just use aliexpress
I use AliExpress I've been importing phones for years now with them never had a problem and the prices are the lowest.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Top Bottom