• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has Matthew McConaughey graduated to the A lister status, or still ways to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he will as soon as he does this movie with Nolan.

Interstellar-1.jpg

snarge

Lincoln Lawyer and Killer Joe most recently, yeah, but he has been "A-list" for a very long time. For a while, he seemed like the 3rd, maybe even 2nd person that people would cast for almost any leading romantic comedy role.

Personally, he won me over in Dazed and Confused. Everyone still quotes him, lol.

In a twist of "holy crap, that was the same actor"? The driver in Lincoln Lawyer, Earl, was Tin-Tin from The Crow.

lmpaler

Color me interested in this. He is hit or miss for me, but this actually looks good.

Apparantly that movie with him and Jack Black, Bernie I believe, is really good too.

He's been reinventing himself recently, and it's paying off. If he impresses in Interstellar (Nolan's new thing) - I think the public will start to respect him as an actor.

Of course he's an A-list actor and has been for many years. Being an A-lister does not mean you have to do great movies. It's all about recognition. He's had many leading roles and a couple of really good ones as well. Good charisma!

Ripclawe

Banned
strictly b lister. an A lister has to be able to open a movie as a requirement. only people who fit that is Leo, cruise and will smith these days.

theytookourjobz

He is severely underrated but I don't think he's quite an A-lister because I don't think he has the same box office draw as Tom Cruise, Will Smith, or Leo. He's been great in plenty of great movies though.

ari

Banned
Will Smith is overrated.
He only had two flops in his entire career, and one of those movies was wild wild west alllllll the way back then and another was the indie flick seven pounds which broke even worldwide. Overrated? Lolololol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom