• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has this PSP Picture been seen? That cat game

olimario

Banned
The system looks so slick
And the graphics and style of that title look amazing. How does it play?

up9753.jpg

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Looks damn nice. I'd be hella afraid it would break if i touched it, though.

Edit: They made fun of this cat in animal crossing :lol

olimario

Banned
Yes, but how does it play?
I can only imaging a unique, awesome, and simple design like that would fit well with a really cool play style.

It would make a really funny and fun sidescrolling beat-em-up like Viewtiful Joe.
Or a witty RPG like Paper Mario 2.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
bobafett said:
PSP is a damn cool system. I want two.

Let the TGS overheating swap jokes....BEGIN! :p

I can't remember the name of that game, I tend to mix and match all these Japanese names. I know there are suppose to be PS2 or PSone versions in the series, or something like that. But no matter what, that PSP screen is amazing.

I totally thought the truck said ... that ... too.

olimario: what are you on? that's Toro, from Doko de mo ishho. The series is like 6 games in the past 5 years. he's the PS mascot in Japan. it plays like all the others do, I presume :p

olimario

Banned
What did you all think the truck said?
It's not clever or funny to keep secrets. :(

I totally thought the truck said ... that ... too.

olimario: what are you on? that's Toro, from Doko de mo ishho. The series is like 6 games in the past 5 years. he's the PS mascot in Japan. it plays like all the others do, I presume :p

Character looks familiar, sure, but I still don't have a clue how the series plays.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
deadlifter said:
Looks damn nice. I'd be hella afraid it would break if i touched it, though.
You could probably learn a thing or two from the woman holding it in the picture then :p

Ferrio

Banned
kpop100 said:
That no 'te'...it's definately a 'ko'

Ya, I got suspicious after not finding any word "Mante", but it looks like it could be either. Wish I could make out the kanji after it.

Miburou

kpop100 said:
That no 'te'...it's definately a 'ko'

The way it's drawn looks more like a 'ko' than a 'te', but then it's one connected line rather than having a gap between the upper and lower parts of the character.

Ferrio

Banned
Miburou said:
The way it's drawn looks more like a 'ko' than a 'te', but then it's one connected line rather than having a gap between the upper and lower parts of the character.

Ko's written like that sometimes.

Could the word be: 不得意 ? Naw doesn't look like that... hmm

Brofist

'ko' - こ

'te' - て

see how on the bottom stroke of the ko, on the left side it curls up a bit. It's exaggerated a bit on the word on the truck, that's what gives the appearance of the connecting lines there.

Jonnyram

Miburou said:
Ko is drawn like that in some fonts. I assume the picture is photoshopped (it's on ranobe after all). And the kanji looks like 不動産 (moving company).

Brofist

Jonnyram said:
Ko is drawn like that in some fonts. I assume the picture is photoshopped (it's on ranobe after all). And the kanji looks like 不動産 (moving company).

yeah that sounds/looks right

Bebpo

Banned
looks like:

まんこ
不動産 - ふどうさん - real estate

snapty00

Banned
Hmm, just visited the IGNcube boards. It appears that a large gathering of children on that board has started a protest about how that game copies Animal Crossing and Nintendo's endless vision of innovation. That picture, specifically, is making its rounds. Hum.

Jonnyram

snapty00 said:
Hmm, just visited the IGNcube boards. It appears that a large gathering of children on that board has started a protest about how that game copies Animal Crossing and Nintendo's endless vision of innovation. That picture, specifically, is making its rounds. Hum.
The series has been around longer than Animal Crossing and plays totally differently. It's more like a glorified tamagotchi.

Miburou

I guess my brain wouldn't accept the fact that a kid's game would have that word in it, and thus made the character look like a 'te' to me, but since it's a possible photoshop job, then that's different.

Too bad "Doko de mo Issho" came out years before Animal Crossing (it was the original PocketStation killer app, and the only reason PocketStation survived in Japan at all.

However this looks more like "Doko de mo Manko"!! SONY WASN'T KIDDIN WHEN THEY SAID PSP WAS AIMING FOR A MORE MATURE AUDIENCE.

Miburou

Strange how the first game was a million seller, yet the sequels have failed to do more than 50,000 each, and Sony still continues to make 'em. I was actually interested in the one where he goes on a virtual tour of Japan.

Jonnyram

Miburou said:
Strange how the first game was a million seller, yet the sequels have failed to do more than 50,000 each, and Sony still continues to make 'em. I was actually interested in the one where he goes on a virtual tour of Japan.
The PlayStation created a new casual market. I know a lot of people that unashamedly own a PS, and games like Dokodemo Issho, Parappa, FF8 etc., but those people never moved on to the PS2. There's still a huge difference between PS and PS2 sales.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
You teach the cat new words by typing them in. And then they appear elsewhere in the game.

maskrider said:
Obviously, the 2 shots were taken at different instances. The Manko truck may be just passing by. Heh !

okay now I'm picturing a truck driving through my neighborhood singing the yakiimo song:

"Irrashai, irrashai! Oishii manko wa, ikaga desu ka? ~maa-nn-kko~ ~maa-nn-koo~"

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
What I mean, is that a player can type it in and then take a picture, or maybe it was there already.

AnIco

There's some nice info on Toro the Cat and his games on this site here (although not this particular PSP game).

His full name is Toro Inoue ^_^

fennec fox said:
What I mean, is that a player can type it in and then take a picture, or maybe it was there already.
OH! Yeah, that's certainly possible.

Like this witty picture I made at the Cube Club 2001 on an early version of SSBM.

slut.jpg

Top Bottom