• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star coming Fall 2015 (PS4/Vita/PC)

Everybirdy's favorite avian dating sim Hatoful Boyfriend is back with a sequel, Holiday Star.

Originally released in 2011, the visual novel is now being remastered by Mediatonic and Devolver Digital for PlayStation 4, PC, and PlayStation Vita. You can expect "spruced up visuals and all the bells and whistles (and chirps) a bird lover could ever want."

The story involves travelling "to fantastically styled worlds, meet interesting new chickadees, and find romance in elegantly designed winter wonderlands and a new mysterious watercolor world."

Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star is currently targeting a fall release.

293322-xx.jpg

Source: http://www.destructoid.com/get-flirty-with-hatoful-boyfriend-s-sequel-this-fall-293322.phtml

Edit: To address what Holiday Star is, from Wikipedia -
The sequel known as Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star was released in Japan in December 2011,[126] with an English patch being released a year later.[127] The game is set as a episodic prequel that follows the character Anghel Higure, one of the love interests from the original game. Anghel possess the psychic ability to bring situations in the real game world into a fantasy RPG scenario, an ability that a mad scientist named Tohri tries to utilize to destroy St. PigeoNation's. Unlike the original Hatoful Boyfriend, Holiday Star is entirely a visual novel, with no choices or actions possible on the part of the player other than clicking through the text to reveal the storyline.[128] On June 4, 2015, it was announced that Mediatonic, the studio which also made the remake of the original game, is developing a remake to the sequel, which will be released, again by Devolver Digital, in Fall 2015

ohlawd

can you imagine the h scenes?

aww you like it there, don't you?
coo coo coo!
yeah, I'm reaching your deepest parts
cooooo
I'm gonna blow like it's the 1940s!
cooooooooooooooo

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Spring is almost over and the original hasn't been released yet for the PS4/Vita...

Confusing wording:
Everybirdy's favorite avian dating sim Hatoful Boyfriend is back with a sequel, Holiday Star.

Originally released in 2011, the visual novel is now being remastered by Mediatonic and Devolver Digital for PlayStation 4, PC, and PlayStation Vita.

Is this a remaster or a sequel?

Added an explenation of what Holiday Star is to the OP, which is:

The sequel known as Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star was released in Japan in December 2011,[126] with an English patch being released a year later.[127] The game is set as a episodic prequel that follows the character Anghel Higure, one of the love interests from the original game. Anghel possess the psychic ability to bring situations in the real game world into a fantasy RPG scenario, an ability that a mad scientist named Tohri tries to utilize to destroy St. PigeoNation's. Unlike the original Hatoful Boyfriend, Holiday Star is entirely a visual novel, with no choices or actions possible on the part of the player other than clicking through the text to reveal the storyline.[128] On June 4, 2015, it was announced that Mediatonic, the studio which also made the remake of the original game, is developing a remake to the sequel, which will be released, again by Devolver Digital, in Fall 2015

Shizuka

Any news for this? PSX has come and gone and no word since announcement, I'm guessing it's been delayed to 2016.

Shizuka

I hope the budget for porting Holiday Star is better than the one for the original game. I mean, the Vita version is plagued with audio glitches and sudden crashes.

Top Bottom