• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have any of you heard Kulie Ku's latest album?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you unfamiliar with his work, Kulie Ku is a Cleveland rapper whose two previous albums (a self-titled debut as well as the somewhat disappointing "Juice from tha Grapevine") proved to revolutionize the underground rap scene. His latest effort "Words Before Dyin" is a truly magnificent work. The beats, blazing. His voice, mellifluous. His lyrical prose, tight.

I suggest you all pick up the album immediately. That is, if you can find it. If not, feel free to PM me.

You MUST hear "Calling Dr. Beats to the Office." Rofl.

I'm actually in what I like to call a rapper's interpretation of Oprah's Book Club. In it, we search for and wide for the phattest beats in the land. I can say, without the slightest hesitatation, that Kulie Ku's latest album is the smack in the face rap has been needing for so long. Not since Pineapple Spinner's seminal CD Don't Touch the Envelope, Granny have I been so excited by what's in store for me in the hip-hop world.

This is one not to be missed. The beats are just so fucking polished.

Have an analogy: If Kulie Ku were your pants, well, it'd be crisp; if Kulie Ku were your white Akademic t-shirt, it'd be pressed to perfection.

Sounds good, huh?

As of late I have found Pineapple Spinner's lyrics to be seriously lacking the power they had during his DTTEG years.

Kulie Ku, however, has somehow recaptured the spirit of the aforementioned classic LP with his latest effort.

Bravo, Kulie Ku, I salute you.

If only Bebop TripTop could resurrect his career--I'd be eager to hear what he has to offer.

Warrior

Banned
I have never heard of this rapper. But I'll make sure I keep an eye out for Kulie Ku's Albums next time I'm at my local music store.

By the way you guy's would not happen to know if Kulie Ku has a website at all...would you?

Warrior

Banned
CharlesNelsonReilly said:
Kulie Ku does not have a website.
Well that truly is a shame a rapper of his skills (Gathering from yours and mjq jazz bar's excellent posts.) should not go unnoticed by fans of rap.

Pineapple Spinner had an amazing site with Flashwork done by The Designers' Republic, but I can't seem to place it at the moment.

Warrior

Banned
CharlesNelsonReilly said:
I'll gladly IM you some of his bootlegged tracks. They're excellent.

Are you familiar with Alfredo Spinelli's work?

No, Sorry I'm not.

Please check your PM, Mr. Nelson.

Thanks.

Takuan

I'd gladly give this a chance if I knew where to get it. I don't see it at Amazon (unsurprisingly, given the artist's underground nature).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom