• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you guys seen the (GTA) San Andreas map yet??

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Isn't it supposed to be three cities in the game? Maybe I'm missing something, but it only looks like two?

EDIT: Ah ok, my question is already answered.

Drey1082

Wow, looks really big.

And you can see that there are some roads that head north. The Las vegas type area must be up there.

And more, apparently SanAndreas.de accidentally put the map up. And the url of this particular image (from photobucket) has a username of OpIvy22.

gta.jpg

Yusaku

Size is nice, but I hope there's at least a few places in SA that are as well designed as Liberty City. I say modeling everything off real cities = lame.

belgurdo

Banned
PuertoRicanJuice said:
There's no fucking way those two maps are to scale.

Just no.

My mind wouldn't be able to handle that.

To paraphrase press releases, SA's cities are 1.5X the size of VC a piece, and the countryside is there to mask the loading

Ranger X

This is a stated "fake map" but it may be more something like an older version of the official map since everything is so freaking close to what rockstar released so far.
I bet the game is gonna be almost like this;

fakemap.jpg

evil ways

I remember reading that during the weeks leading to San Andrea's release we would get more concrete info on the soundtrack. I want a track list damnit.

Bigfoot

When does this game come out for Xbox and PC? I want to play it, but since there are so many good games coming out, I can wait for the better version.

Porthos said:
When does this game come out for Xbox and PC? I want to play it, but since there are so many good games coming out, I can wait for the better version.

There's no Xbox date yet, but the PC's date is Q3 2005 right now.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
evil ways said:
I remember reading that during the weeks leading to San Andrea's release we would get more concrete info on the soundtrack. I want a track list damnit.

Really? I don't want a track list at all. I would much rather be surprised by the music. But I'm doing everything I can to avoid any major spoilers anyways.

Note: I do not consider this to be a major spoiler.

They've said that they aren't going to release the full soundtrack to the public this time. They're going to release a few tracks but the majority of them will be left for people to find when they get the game.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I'm honestly blown away, Rockstar North has REALLY impresed me. Now I really hope loading is kept to a minimal and maybe have only four loading zones or less.

TekunoRobby said:
I'm honestly blown away, Rockstar North has REALLY impresed me. Now I really hope loading is kept to a minimal and maybe have only four loading zones or less.

According to Rockstar, the only time the game is going to load once you get into it will be when you enter a building. There won't be any loading when you're entering a different city.

Top Bottom