• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 - Developer & Gameplay Overview Trailer

GymWolf

Gold Member
Is the drm/anticheat they are using on pc as terrible and intrusive as i'm reading around the web?

People seems to hate it more than denuvo and a loto of people are menacing to cancel their preorder...

Last edited:
Is the drm/anticheat they are using on pc as terrible and intrusive as i'm reading around the web?

People seems to hate it more than denuvo and a loto of people are menacing to cancel their preorder...
No.
Here's a few notes from the Devs on thier anticheat.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Why use a low level rootkit anti cheat on PC. They've killed their game on PC sales. I can't get my mates to buy it. :(

GymWolf

Gold Member
He lays out exactly why its 100% necessary. Cheaters will ruin the entire game for other players.

Not cool with it? Don't play. I'm thoroughly looking forward to it.
So all the other successfull multyplayer games without a drm/anticheat or with a less intrusive one are just lucky?

This is a pve game, cheating is way less important and from my understanding this is the most intrusive, shitty drm on the market.

I have the game in preorder but this is not gonna stop me from having questions about their dubious choices inside a forum.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
So all the other successfull multyplayer games without a drm/anticheat or with a less intrusive one are just lucky?

This is a pve game, cheating is way less important and from my understanding this is the most intrusive, shitty drm on the market.

I have the game in preorder but this is gonna stop me from shitting on their dubious choices.

WHats rubbish is, I played Valorant and I made that choice but there were loads of my friends that wouldnt go near it. I'm looking forward to the Helldiver vibes but this has stopped my friends from considering it.

Is there going to be a Neogaf get together on this game do you know?

I might still pick it up if I can get a squad together.

GymWolf

Gold Member
WHats rubbish is, I played Valorant and I made that choice but there were loads of my friends that wouldnt go near it. I'm looking forward to the Helldiver vibes but this has stopped my friends from considering it.

Is there going to be a Neogaf get together on this game do you know?

I might still pick it up if I can get a squad together.
I'm going to play the game because i played destiny 2 in the past and that one had a similar anticheat system, but this seemslike they are just protecting their micro-transactions more than protecting the player, this system is not only intrusive af but also not really great performing neither.

Fabieter

Why use a low level rootkit anti cheat on PC. They've killed their game on PC sales. I can't get my mates to buy it. :(

Why souldnt they have one. High level anti cheat is basically useless and that would kill the game anyway including the console version since it's crossplay.

Read the post - he lays out explicitly why it's required in this PvE game.

I have the game in preorder but this is not gonna stop me from having questions about their dubious choices inside a forum.

I'm takin in by the devs being so excited about the game, its contagious
It's refreshing to see devs with this much passion for their product. I may have to buy it for that alone.

And why are people so scared of anti-cheat? I wish more games had this.

I recently modded BFV into an actual WW2 games but because the servers don't have anti cheat I constantly run into Chinese hackers. It's annoying as shit.

Top Bottom