• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hero Academy |OT| free iPhone MP strategy game from Orcs Must Die/Age of Empires devs

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Yeah, as you should. I mean, how dare they charge... um... how much are they charging for it? Even if it was universal, given that it has in-game DLC afaik that can't be transferred between devices.

There's no need to get defensive.

I understand when small developers don't release Universal versions of their apps right off the bat... But, come on.

I've tried it anyway, and it's kinda fun. Won't be playing it until it becomes Universal, though.

Six Okay

Neo Member
SixOkay #addname

And here's a list of other developers here at Robot who are open to games:

HarterFaster
Laeus
Drew
Kube
monsterBlues
Shoop
Pyxlwyz
Namor

Fair warning, though - I've got 65 games going right now, so I'm happy to play, but may take a while to send moves back. I tend to go through my list 2-3 times a day, usually in the evenings. If you're looking for a super fast game, I'm not it :)

eznark

Banned
eznark #addname

I don't like the punitive nature of the advertisements, but the gameplay seems pretty cool so I guess I'll pick up the elves or whatever. That will stop the incessant ads, correct?

eznark #addname

I don't like the punitive nature of the advertisements, but the gameplay seems pretty cool so I guess I'll pick up the elves or whatever. That will stop the incessant ads, correct?

Yup. Plus the a Dark Elves are cool to play. #wraithcorpsemunch

Gaspode_T

SixOkay #addname

And here's a list of other developers here at Robot who are open to games:

HarterFaster
Laeus
Drew
Kube
monsterBlues
Shoop
Pyxlwyz

Fair warning, though - I've got 65 games going right now, so I'm happy to play, but may take a while to send moves back. I tend to go through my list 2-3 times a day, usually in the evenings. If you're looking for a super fast game, I'm not it :)

Hey you are at Robot? Port this to Windows8 please ;P My only complaint is that it's not universal and lacks GC, would love to play in HD.

I am loving Orcs Must Die by the way...probably my favorite tower defense game and I'm not a big fan of them

eznark

Banned
Hey you are at Robot? Port this to Windows8 please ;P My only complaint is that it's not universal and lacks GC, would love to play in HD.

I am loving Orcs Must Die by the way...probably my favorite tower defense game and I'm not a big fan of them

Hell yeah! I bought it on PC and 360! Awesome game. Fine...I'll buy the dark elves.

Vyer

Gowans beating my ass already!

I'm sitting waiting on my car to get serviced, do I am sending moves pretty quick. Game's pretty cool so far, though the Dark Elves abilities sound much better.

Six Okay

Neo Member

We're looking into iPad and Android versions right now, and will have more to say about that once we're a bit further down that road. We have heard some requests for a Winphone version, and while we're not ruling it out, it's not in the current long list of plans.

Thanks!

Gowans

Gowans beating my ass already!

I'm sitting waiting on my car to get serviced, do I am sending moves pretty quick. Game's pretty cool so far, though the Dark Elves abilities sound much better.

Woo my first win, it was close. Let's see how the rematch goes.

Just realised there is ingame chat ;)

mjc

Is anyone else having problems connecting to games? I can't get into any of the ones I'm in right now. Weird.

eznark

Banned
aaaaand, I'm hooked

Since I know a dev is in the thread, were it not for this thread and the iOS threads, I would have deleted the game after the first few turns. The ads coming up after every turn make it so slow and cumbersome to take a move that it ruined the experience. It wouldn't have made me buy the game to bypass the ads, it would have made me delete the game.

Gowans

Yeah suggestions:

- No ads for first few games
- Ability to toggle music and sfx seperatly
- a double oped out for completing games with moves left (autopiloted over it)
- I have no idea what swap tiles is
- game centre
- some kinda Elo/rank/level

Its really fantastic tho, the best game I've played this year.

I'm not a chess fan but I love this.

Love this game! And the ads are fine for it being free. I don't want to get the Night Elves though, because I think they are overpowered a bit and wouldnt want to play like that. Speaking of overpowered, dat Ninja...

Yeah suggestions:

- game centre

Keep the ads, I'll keep it for it being free. I prefer that than monetizing everything like, "Your first 20 moves free! After that, $2 per move!". But I agree with adding Rank or at least a tracker.

Bebpo

Banned
Is there any tactics game/srpg where the ninja class isn't awesome? I can't think of a single one. No one is willing to nerf the ninja, because ninjas are awesome.

Yeah suggestions:

- game centre

Great list. Single player would be great but the AI would be complex for this game so no big. Maybe a guided tutorial game with scripted AI to show the ropes?

I'm not saying get rid of the ads, I'm saying make the ads less obnoxious.

Yup, just turn them off for the first three games or so. I can see them scaring off people who would love this game.

Good game Wario. Definitely got intense toward the end. Now that you know the game, that'll probably be the last time I'll ever win against you lol.

heringer

Dark Elves team was worth it for the add free alone.

Anyway, I think this game could be pretty big, if handled well. Asynchronous multiplayer is such a great fit for iOS, and I think this game has a wider appeal than some games like Carc and Ascension, because of price, style, social integration, etc.

Though I still have to play more to see how deep the gameplay mechanics really are.

Gowans

Wario ninja'd me gg.

At least I now know to grapple corpses and eat the turn.

Yeah a guided tutorial or a link to a YouTube tutorial video is best needed too.

Really hope it does well. Just went an 5stared it and gave a review to help get it up the chart.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Good game Wario. Definitely got intense toward the end. Now that you know the game, that'll probably be the last time I'll ever win against you lol.

I assumed you had no more units left, that's why I left my ninja exposed. Never again :)

The Dark Elves sale has been extended to tonight, so you have roughly 12 hours to get it for 99 cents depending what time it's been set

eznark

Banned
Then why pay to get them removed? It's a dollar...

Personally, I'd make them progressive. The more you play, the more the ads show up. But having an ad after every single turn in the very first game you play? Like I said, had I not come into this thread I would have deleted the game. Just a terrible first impression.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So Dark Elves are worth it? Tempted to get em but wondering how many teams they'll have since the game's probably going to end up costing alot since I'm kinda ocd about owning all the dlc save for the cosmetic stuff lol.

Vyer

GG Gowans. I think I forgot about that second crystal for a while, but recovered. Thought you had me early the way you started tearing through my troops!

holy shit this game is LEGIT!

I am playing some random guy and Valru right now.

first and second game I have ever played so I dont expect to win but its really fun.

<3 Asynchronous games.

Top Bottom