• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hero Academy |OT| free iPhone MP strategy game from Orcs Must Die/Age of Empires devs

mjc

So I think I should have gone through the training before I challenged anyone.

dog_science.jpg

Easy wins for my opponents these first games haha

Flunkie

Banned
Take it, Flunkie.

Good game man!

I didn't know the endgame rules, sadly. I thought once one team was all dead, the person with the lowest amount in their crystals lost, not who was all killed off first.

Fuck, my strategy for my 20+ games I have going right now is so messed up then.

Flunkie

Banned
Yeah suggestions:

- No ads for first few games
- Ability to toggle music and sfx seperatly
- a double oped out for completing games with moves left (autopiloted over it)
- I have no idea what swap tiles is
- game centre
- some kinda Elo/rank/level

Its really fantastic tho, the best game I've played this year.

I'm not a chess fan but I love this.

This so hard, and a stat screen with wins, losses, deaths, kills, etc

Mrninjaman

Neo Member
This game seems like a ton of fun, snagged me the Dark Elf pack already since I have a feeling I'll be playing this a while. Anyways Hit me up GAF I'm ready to get stomped

Mrninjaman #addname

Flunkie

Banned
I really wish I'd have known the rules before I got so deep into these initial batch of games. Getting my ass worked on the back end of all these games from last night.

-_-

I really wish I'd have known the rules before I got so deep into these initial batch of games. Getting my ass worked on the back end of all these games from last night.

-_-

Yes! There really needs to be like a 3 game tutorial.

Add game center support and few audio options and I would be In heaven.

Foob

-_-

I got lucky and stumbled upon the god mode character I used to save my ass

had no idea he could perform chains

Einbroch

Banned
Kinda wish there was a mode where you could play someone non-asynchronously...so synchronously? But yeah. Fun game. Knights are worthless and healers are too powerful, but hey.

ultron87

Anyone else getting lots of crashes when loading into games? I'm on a newest model iPod and it is happening a lot.

Loving the game despite it. Just finished up trouncing my first random opponent.

colinp

Banned
I started a few games with people who said they have no idea what they're doing since I, too, have no idea. ;)

edit I can't believe you have to pay for team colors. Ugh.

bought the elves so I could get away from the damn ads. The game is great fun though, I just wish there was a single player format so I could practice!

gillty

Banned
haha It's cool

That was actually my first game that has ended so far.
Sorry for kind of disappearing.

This game literally destroyed my battery today. Left at 9:30am with 100% by 4:00 I had 19 percent. Had to conserve my battery as much as possible for music on my commute home.

Just got home 20minutes ago with 3%, phew.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I wonder how many teams will be added? Curious since I could see this game getting pricey fast if u want to get every single team.

Sorry for kind of disappearing.

This game literally destroyed my battery today. Left at 9:30am with 100% by 4:00 I had 19 percent. Had to conserve my battery as much as possible for music on my commute home.

Just got home 20minutes ago with 3%, phew.

Don't even worry about it! In fact anyone that plays me don't feel rushed. Just play when you can that's the beauty of it.

So fun so far and im having a lot more fun playing with gaffers instead of randoms.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
If anyone initiated a game with me and I haven't started it, it means I'm currently busy with current games right now, I'll get to it eventually :)

Emitan

So apparently they hid the instructions in the news feed somewhere...

I never realized half the stuff you can do in this game. Suddenly I'm turned fallen heroes into ghosts to bolster my forces. Amazing.

Vamphuntr

they can take 10 hours or more to take their turn if they want.

:S

So apparently they hid the instructions in the news feed somewhere...

I never realized half the stuff you can do in this game. Suddenly I'm turned fallen heroes into ghosts to bolster my forces. Amazing.

During a game touch the "?" icon and touch anything you don't understand to get an explanation. It works with units, items and the UI.

Vamphuntr

Have to agree with the pacing problem. My current opponent is taking forever to submit his turn. They really need a type of match with a limited amount time to submit each turn like 2-3 min or less.

Game is fun though.

Top Bottom