• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Won

Made it into gold 5 HL!

I had to hold team morale together to pull out the last few wins. God some of these people are so petty I can hardly believe it. Not sure if I'll keep going with ranked.

Ranked has been surprisingly nice after I finished my placement matches. But dear god, those placement matches....

Is tonight my last chance to fill out the 10-lootboxes quest?

On a related note, my bnet handle is iambobbarker#1468, add me if you need to round out your team!

Maledict

So, DVa is making me not play the game anymore. I utterly loathe her as a character in every respect. It's like they designed a Murky who deals damage and disrupts a team. A mechanic that works well in an FPS does not work in a MOBA.

She plays fantastically well - but she is terrible, terrible to play against. Why they keep exploring this mechanical space is beyond me - it just sucks.

Alur

You see, me, well I love me some D.Va. She's a reason to play the game for me. I mean, when you get those body blocks to go off just right:

SA8kHQO.gif

And they can't get away:

Saucy.

I disagree on her being like Murky but w/ damage, though. Murky's damage is better than hers because she just can't feasibly spend that much time out of mech. The later the game goes, the more insane Murky's damage can get with the slime stacks. Will agree she's annoying, though, but unlike with Murky I'm still not sure if the annoyance is really worth anything in the end. She can piss everyone off like a big ass bumblebee for sure, but I'm still not sure it accomplishes much of anything without help like Murky could do in this comparison.

EDIT: Also agree totally on Alarak being a counter. I hate seeing him on the other team when I'm on her and I've heard Milly say the same. He's kind of that for just about any tank though so /shrug.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's generally recommended to buy heroes with gold when they're on sale, right? I have like 15k right now but I'm unsure how to spend it. I just want to maximize efficiency to expand my roster quickly, generally, since there's no one I absolutely must have.

you are supposed to buy heroes with real money (well gems now) when they are on sale, if you are shooting for the full roster.

then you can get to the point when you only need a handful, and you kick your desk every week they announce the sales and its NOT the one youre missing, but you dont want to spend gold because if you spend gold, then NEXT week boom, its the one you spent gold on ;_;

shut up Alur

I've seen a lot of people argue loot boxes with random stuff is bad for gaming. But apparently I love it. HOTS is a prime example of a game I love it in.

In fact, all 3 MP games I am playing atm have random stuff. This, hearthstone, and paladins. And I hate it in none of them.

Perhaps hate it most in paladins even though it's cosmetics only that I need, the random boxes are gem (their money currency) only and sometimes the only way to get that cosmetic is from the money only random chance. It wouldn't be a problem if they were at least consistent about it. Some great cosmetics you can buy with gems, some are random box only. Annoys me.

Prelude.

Loot boxes will probably seem a bit less great when we start getting new events and we see how much they'll inflate the shard cost of event skins etc. In OW it's 3 times as much as the regular stuff and it sucks. But, the fact that HotS is f2p, that cosmetics used to be tied to real money only and now they aren't anymore, and that you can re-roll, is probably one of the most rewarding implementations so far. You can't really complain about much.
The only thing that feels "wrong" in 2.0 is that you don't get as much gold as you used to before.

Welcome loot box live in US yet?
What's that?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
don't see it. Doesn't blizzard usually update the stores on tuesday?

Aye but they said it was up "from the 22nd". Liars!

What's that?

Special box you can only buy 1 of, with a zebra mount, 800gems, a random hero and something else I forget.

I just want to hear reports on the random hero, to see if its from the full pool or just those cheaper heroes.

Prelude.

Aye but they said it was up "from the 22nd". Liars!

Special box you can only buy 1 of, with a zebra mount, 800gems, a random hero and something else I forget.

I just want to hear reports on the random hero, to see if its from the full pool or just those cheaper heroes.
Oh, I thought it was free stuff. Since, you know, "welcome".

I'll hold the hero box for the next release seeing as thanks to the assassin bundle I have all the heroes, even those I do not want.

Like stitches and butcher which I have 0 games total on.

Rhaknar

you get 800 gems, zebra mount, welcome box with a guaranteed hero in it, 7 day stimpack, rare loot box and epic loot box

7 day stimpack is what I was forgetting. I didnt know about the normal boxes also, nice. If it is indeed $5 thats good value.

So, DVa is making me not play the game anymore. I utterly loathe her as a character in every respect. It's like they designed a Murky who deals damage and disrupts a team. A mechanic that works well in an FPS does not work in a MOBA.

She plays fantastically well - but she is terrible, terrible to play against. Why they keep exploring this mechanical space is beyond me - it just sucks.

I've been spamming a lot of Genji and Alarak in QM, haven't bought D.va yet, but have played a fair number of matches with and against her. To me the biggest problems with D.va are how people react to the mek suit.

On the teams that have been super unsuccessful against D.va it's usually because people are tilting over the mek suit. They blow all of their stuns and interrupts before she's in pilot mode, are usually not paying attention to that little pink bar under her health, fail to kill her, she re-enters mek mode and then they die. And then they repeat this pattern the entire match. Played with a Butcher that would tilt charge a low health mek into their fortifications...over and over and over.

If you can interrupt her calling down the mek, you can just delete her. Alarak is great for that. Genji's great too if you can catch her in pilot mode without a full charge but sometimes that's risky.

I haven't played D.va yet but have no real problem playing against her.

I've seen a lot of people argue loot boxes with random stuff is bad for gaming. But apparently I love it. HOTS is a prime example of a game I love it in.

In fact, all 3 MP games I am playing atm have random stuff. This, hearthstone, and paladins. And I hate it in none of them.

Perhaps hate it most in paladins even though it's cosmetics only that I need, the random boxes are gem (their money currency) only and sometimes the only way to get that cosmetic is from the money only random chance. It wouldn't be a problem if they were at least consistent about it. Some great cosmetics you can buy with gems, some are random box only. Annoys me.

Paladins over Overwatch? :-O

Fancolors

I liked Paladins more than Overwatch for a while, only reason why I don't anymore is the necessity of random lootboxes for deck building. Wouldn't mind if it was only cosmetics.

It's a good game even though it can't compete with Blizzard's polish (ie shooting a revolver in Paladins feels like throwing a wet noodle, while McCree feels like I'm actually shooting a gun)

Rhaknar

That moment you have a great win and your internet craps out in the "waiting for results" screen and you lose your win, gold and xp.

edit: yay it counted

edit: beetle build is shit :(

Rhaknar

Goddamn it, just when im ready to kinda dismiss Anub, I have a fantastic game on him, super close but those close games that you get a kick out of, like even if you lose (we won tho). I was burrowing all over the place, spawning bugs, doing clutch saves with stuns and shit, that was super satisfying... even got mvp with actual votes too. Kinda wish there was all chat for these rare occasions because I wanted to say a legit GG to the other side aswell.

I know I know, I like another hero, truly first world problems. This game is fun.

What's with HM and goddamn 30+ minutes match.

I hate that shitty map.

Hanamura didnt bother me at first, but I have joined the haters legion. Fuck that map.

Alur

Thought the complaint on Hanamura was the opposite? Games are way too short. I don't even know how you could have a 30 min game there very often with how easy it is to have 4 payloads up.

Rhaknar

Why the fuck do people keep holding on to nukes? Just fucking use them asap before you get ganked and lose it.

Alur

The only thing you definitely should hold them for is to use them top or bottom as those lanes are easier to push thanks to the boss lanes. Using them on mid before those lanes are down is generally frowned upon. Losing them is a bigger no-no than anything, though, so I feel ya. Would rather they just launched it on the ground at their feet before dying than give one away.

Rhaknar

The only thing you definitely should hold them for is to use them top or bottom as those lanes are easier to push thanks to the boss lanes. Using them on mid before those lanes are down is generally frowned upon. Losing them is a bigger no-no than anything, though, so I feel ya. Would rather they just launched it on the ground at their feet before dying than give one away.

I get the optimal place to use them, but im talking about peeps that dont do a bee line to the lane to uae them, they just carry on their merry ways doing whatever and then eventually get ganked. Especially squishies.

Mupod

Why the fuck do people keep holding on to nukes? Just fucking use them asap before you get ganked and lose it.

the last time I was on that map I was Zagara, I got one after the first line of towers/forts were all down so I would've had to push forward pretty far to use one on their base. They also had both a Valeera and Nova so I got stuck holding on to it for the longest time. I think at one point I got fed up waiting for our Chen to stop walking back and forth in the middle of nowhere, and blew up a creep wave. Man that match sucked.

On the subject of Nova/Valeera it's funny to me how few people are apparently able to see stealthers. They are plain as day to me. But when I played Valeera to 5, I really did just feel invisible. Nobody ever hit me out of stealth intentionally.

Top Bottom