• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Mupod

Oh yeah, the welcome bundle should go up today. I wonder what kind of pool the free hero draws from. I have more than half of the heroes so it's probably gonna just be shards, but I'll probably buy it anyways for the other stuff in the pack.

Secretly hoping it's Cho'gall so I can make my friend play him with me. How does Cho'gall work anyways, do you just buy one and get both? Seems like an efficient way to get more loot boxes/player levels if you ask me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh yeah, the welcome bundle should go up today. I wonder what kind of pool the free hero draws from. I have more than half of the heroes so it's probably gonna just be shards, but I'll probably buy it anyways for the other stuff in the pack.

Secretly hoping it's Cho'gall so I can make my friend play him with me. How does Cho'gall work anyways, do you just buy one and get both? Seems like an efficient way to get more loot boxes/player levels if you ask me.

its a one time box so I assume from the full pool. My chnces at hitting on of the 9 i'm missing are slim if so tho... 13.6% slim :3

Kinda wish there was all chat for these rare occasions because I wanted to say a legit GG to the other side aswell.

I wouldn't even mind a few emoticons or something even if they can't do open chat. Vainglory gives you the opportunity to 'thumbs up' individual players on the opposite team at the end of a match and people user it pretty often.

Prelude.

433491bh4.jpg

Alavard

I'm always legit surprised that MFPallyTime and Mewn actually seem to like each other. Pally always embraces the silly, and Mewn always seems way too serious about every player except Pally.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah and Brad's too ...

PallyTime watching Mewn playing LoL while drinking away his sadness with a bottle of wine.

oh its Mewn? I thought he said "I was playing LoL with Moon" heh

(I dont know any lol or dota players)

scoobs

Yeah and Brad's too ...

PallyTime watching Mewn playing LoL while drinking away his sadness with a bottle of wine.

I don't care if mewn guy plays other games, whatever it doesn't affect my life, but it bothers me how stupid he is. To throw away tens of thousands of dollars a year because you're upset with double healer meta and a new map you don't like... what a moron. The guy was REGULARLY getting $1,000+ a day and 5,000+ viewers. How can you pass that up? I'd stream fucking Hello Kitty Island Adventure for $1,000 a day. That level of stupidity is really upsetting. He was one of like 3 popular HOTS streamers, he had a foothold in a growing game on Twitch, and he leaves it to become a "variety streamer" that basically is just playing League of Legends.

I understand that he isn't happy with the game and doesn't like it anymore or whatever his reasoning was, but this is your job... you make a fuck ton of money playing a video game. Suck it up you moron. I'm sure chu8 is completely bored with the game, but the dude understands how much money he stands to make if he keeps playing.

Kioshen

I'm always legit surprised that MFPallyTime and Mewn actually seem to like each other. Pally always embraces the silly, and Mewn always seems way too serious about every player except Pally.

Mewn is way more relaxed in heroes unite than when he solo streams. MFPT acts like a release valve for him I don't know but PT seems to push Mewn to embrace the silliness that's for sure.

oh its Mewn? I thought he said "I was playing LoL with Moon" heh

(I dont know any lol or dota players)

It's just that Mewn is trying to be a variety streamer for a month so he doesn't participate in TGN squadron activities related to heroes anymore. Typical MFPT fashion, he's making a joke about it but I'm sure he misses him. You always need a straight man to complement a clown.

I don't care if mewn guy plays other games, whatever it doesn't affect my life, but it bothers me how stupid he is. To throw away tens of thousands of dollars a year because you're upset with double healer meta and a new map you don't like... what a moron. The guy was REGULARLY getting $1,000+ a day and 5,000+ viewers. How can you pass that up? I'd stream fucking Hello Kitty Island Adventure for $1,000 a day. That level of stupidity is really upsetting. He was one of like 3 popular HOTS streamer, he had a foothold in a growing game on Twitch, and he leaves it to be comes a "variety streamer" that basically is just playing League of Legends.

I still don't understand it either. Maybe his subscribers count was plateauing and he was taking a chance to see if it would work. Honestly, I don't really care too much because I just want to watch heroes content anyway.

Ketch

I don't care if mewn guy plays other games, whatever it doesn't affect my life, but it bothers me how stupid he is. To throw away tens of thousands of dollars a year because you're upset with double healer meta and a new map you don't like... what a moron. The guy was REGULARLY getting $1,000+ a day and 5,000+ viewers. How can you pass that up? I'd stream fucking Hello Kitty Island Adventure for $1,000 a day. That level of stupidity is really upsetting. He was one of like 3 popular HOTS streamers, he had a foothold in a growing game on Twitch, and he leaves it to become a "variety streamer" that basically is just playing League of Legends.

I understand that he isn't happy with the game and doesn't like it anymore or whatever his reasoning was, but this is your job... you make a fuck ton of money playing a video game. Suck it up you moron. I'm sure chu8 is completely bored with the game, but the dude understands how much money he stands to make if he keeps playing.

I think the best example of this is Kripparian and hearthstone. not sure if anyone has watched his stream, but you could cut his disdain with a knife.

scoobs

If chu is bored he does a great job at masking it.

chu's done all there is to do in HOTS. Played pro, GM#1 multiple times across several accounts, bronze to GM challenge, etc, etc. I'm sure he enjoys the gameplay still, but just grinding HL games every night for really no reason at all probably gets a little boring for him. I'm just guessing though, maybe he still loves it.

Alur

I understand that he isn't happy with the game and doesn't like it anymore or whatever his reasoning was, but this is your job...

If chu is bored he does a great job at masking it.

To me the biggest difference between the two is method of success. chu worked to build up his brand and niche in the community, while mewn's success was basically accidental and a byproduct of chu's to boot. One busted his ass to get it, and the other rode the coattails in and discovered if he went overboard with the hyperbole it'd get him even more success than being part of chu's stable alone would get him. I'm sure he's worked hard since discovering the formula, but he wouldn't have gotten the chance (and like a 200-400 viewer foot in the door to start) if not for chu. Seemed like somewhere in there his salt went from being salt for show to real salt and he just can't get past it.

Fully agree it's beyond dumb to throw away all that free money. In some ways he's trapped himself, though. Every streamer who goes down the salt road generally spends most of every stream getting memed and mocked by his viewers. Kripp is a pretty good example of that like Ketch said. Once you start falling out of love with the game your viewers want you to stream, it just exacerbates the whole situation and the abuse gets worth both ways.

Rhaknar

had to craft this bike for dat top tier color coordination!

En8sV5e.png

edit: they NEED to fix this Varian classification bullshit

Alur

Reminds me I have a fashionista update as well.

Rediscovered the WoW leveling reward Dire Wolf mount and some combinations with it.

d03VIQe.jpg

D.Va yellow Goliath skin with Goldenside Dire Wolf

ra5LKor.jpg

Genji Carbon Fiber base tint with Cobaltside Dire Wolf

Also, Zarya finally got a half decent skin in Overwatch IMO:

The new D.Va skin is pretty good, too:

And Power Ranger Genji:

This one might be my favorite, though:

Rhaknar

oof 19 kills on Tracer, tht was probably my best game on her yet.

(got Anub to 10 too btw, hes cool, and obviously strong, prob wouldnt put him in the faves tho)

Prelude.

I just had only one game against real people, but Anub seems pretty cool. He feels kinda broken, honestly, but he could have been worse, I guess. Like "point and click stuns" worse.
I had fun bullying Illidan. Fuck him. Always.

Dreavus

I think the best example of this is Kripparian and hearthstone. not sure if anyone has watched his stream, but you could cut his disdain with a knife.

Haven't really watched the stream, but the number of views that guy gets is pretty damn crazy. He could probably justify playing any game if it brought in the number of viewers that HS does.

Anub is kinda broken. He does a lot of damage, has two stuns among basic abilities from lvl 1, an unstoppable engage and disengage, a huge body (an advantage for tanks), further reduces ability damage, a point and click ridiculously long range stasis heroic and self sustain.

Rhaknar

Im struggling to resist buying Medivh because I know the moment I do its the moment hes announced for sale the following week... but he looks so cool, and a lvl 1 would give me a few boxes at least.

Mupod

Anub'arak should have an ability that gradually increases his armor value to infinity the longer you play him, to stay true to his WC3 Frozen Throne version.

Prelude.

Kripp is playing HotS too, btw. I'm not sure if he's done already but he has playing it even after getting the HS cardback or something.

Dreavus

I love ripping people to shreds with his lvl 13 +70% damage boost on basic attacks (while they are movement impaired) Both his offensive abilities can self trigger it and it does a number on the mage characters you're supposed to be diving at.

brian!

Im struggling to resist buying Medivh because I know the moment I do its the moment hes announced for sale the following week... but he looks so cool, and a lvl 1 would give me a few boxes at least.

He's in my top 3 for most fun hero if that helps

Rhaknar

He's in my top 3 for most fun hero if that helps

no Brian, that does not help does it. That in fact, hinders my silly ocd doesnt it? Doesnt it Brian?

I still see no Closer in my list

Rhaknar

oh wait there you are, offline for 2 days.

lower case nickname like an animal :/

Alur

Hating everything is my thing, man. The Genji skin is dope tho.

We all have our vices.

MEDIVH - dat owl boi

pros:

• super fun hero
  • annoying af
  • can make dem playz
  • owl skin is the shit
  • hell, even medivh base skin is good
  • flying around as an owl over the enemy and seeing how mad they get at it is A+ game experience
cons:

• the lower your mmr the more frustrating he'll be to use
  • even at high mmr people don't know wtf to do with him on the team
  • he has a 39.6% winrate and it's always gonna be that way, but not because he's bad, just because he's hard to use and synergize with

tl;dr if you want him to just have him, might as well. We both know you are gonna get him sooner or later anyway. :D But if you plan on playing him to mastery at 15, or even 10, prepare your salt cause it'll be a bumpy ride.

THIS MESSAGE BROUGHT TO YOU IN PART BY THE REALISTIC HOTS HERO DESCRIPTION FOUNDATION A SUBDIVISION OF GAF EMPIRE AND GAF ROYAL INDUSTRIES

Top Bottom