• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Alavard

They really need to kill dupe heroes from lootboxes. It's so bad.

There hasn't been a gold price reduction on a hero in quite a number of months, and Blizz has been absolutely silent on people noticing it on Reddit. Call me crazy, but I feel like maybe they're going to announce something at Blizzcon that changes the way new heroes are earned/unlocked. Hell, it's possible they'll even go full tilt and just make all heroes free (or a large portion of them or something), if they feel it would mean more newcomers and thus more gem/loot chest purchases, if it outweighs the money made from people spending real money on heroes (which feels like it can't be that many players).

For similar reasons, I also think there's going to be an announcement regarding a change to roles/QM. Also since we've had exactly 0 multi-class heroes since the first was released nearly a year ago.

kirblar

I'm pretty sure if you asked them under an NDA they'd call Varian a mistake. Should have just been classified as a Warrior.

Alavard

I'm pretty sure if you asked them under an NDA they'd call Varian a mistake. Should have just been classified as a Warrior.

Oh no doubt. Assuming the multi-class role is DOA, I'm curious who else was originally planned to be multi-class, though.

On the other end of the spectrum, the fact that we just got a brand new daily quest for Overwatch heroes tells me there's no big overhaul to daily quests coming.

kirblar

Given enough sub-roles (Healer, Support, Siege, AA Assassin, Hybrid, Burst Mage, Sustain Mage, Ganker, Bruiser, Tank) you really don't need a multi-class feature.

As with pretty much anything heroes related either reddit or twitter, the multi class thing I'm certain. Reworking classes I could be talking out of my ass, I could swear they said they are looking into changing classes when someone complained about them within the last months but your information sounds much more trustworthy.

scoobs

Well they’ve said both that they are reworking classes but also have said there will be more multiclass heroes.

Alavard

I'm surprised we still don't have info on the HotS goodies for the Blizzcon virtual ticket this year. There was some nebulous info that said the goodies for the games in general 'will be a little bit different this year' or something to that effect, but nothing since then.

Just had to painfully teach some people that you can't boss when death timers are low and there's an artanis with suppression pulse.
Well they've said both that they are reworking classes but also have said there will be more multiclass heroes.
I think it was in response to reporpusing some heroes into multiclass, maybe they just meant that.

I've been on such a tear with Artanis in QM, just won a game by sneaking a boss with Aba hat while my team defended keep, then hearthed back wiped them in our base and proceeded to kill their core. 13-3 overall in the last week. 0 Volskaya games.

Edit: soon as I say this I get absolutely demolished 2 games in a row.

I am still waiting for more abathur skins, please.

Its really unbeareable watching Dva getting new skins colors every heroe release right after her release and abathur still stuck with one skin and the other one locked

scoobs

I am still waiting for more abathur skins, please.

Its really unbeareable watching Dva getting new skins colors every heroe release right after her release and abathur still stuck with one skin and the other one locked
Pajamathur is all you ever need tho

I haven't spent on money on Heroes in a long time. 2.0 didn't help, trying to obfuscate how much money people spend by adding an intermediary currency and crap like loot boxes that are filled with duplicate items or chaff like emoji's and avatars was super off-putting.

I don't understand why someone would buy a lootbox in this game. Or any for that matter. TF2 was the same for me until they added Strange Weapons (weapons that had stat tracking/kill counts and could rank up), that hooked me for a bit.

Prelude.

I'm baffled at how bad people with hundreds of lvs are vs Nova.
"Welp, she's stealthed with 100hp, better leave."

This Nova was casually coming in and out of stealth in our base.

Alur

May have more luck closer to the end of the season, though. At least that's how it is in NA. Not much action in TL channel til then.

kirblar

When they do the role system change up, I hope they just straight up remove Tassadar's passive AA healing from his shields. I don't think it's ultimately a good thing- it takes him from "bring him as a secondary support to counter burst damage" to "makes certain AA characters into gods", and I don't think the second is really necessary. Especially w/ Auriel already being a character who demands a battery.

scoobs

The correct way to fix Tassadar would be to remove the shield ability completely, replace with a damage spell, and turn him into a mage.

Prelude.

Man, fuck this game so much. I've never played Diablo and the first time ever I do I get put against Leoric, Dehaka, Chromie and my team is Xul, Murky, Nova, KTZ. I ended up with 11 death and top damage.

Prelude.

And another bhb game where the team just pushes and pushes and pushes and then dies with 20 coins in front of their keep. And that's not something that happened once, in this game alone they did it 3 times. HOW?

Prelude.

Like, I just don't understand what's going on in their head. Every time we managed to win a team fight, with Aba, they'd just push until they were killed again and drop all of our coins. 30 minutes of this bullshit.

Prelude.

322eesle.png

ez

scoobs

Rarely do you see a new hero come out who has two perfectly viable ults. Stukovs ults are picked almost exactly the same amount of times, each with 50% win rate. Wish they hit that mark on more heroes.

I still think it's a teamfight map lol...
As in talent advantage matters more on this map than a bunch of the others
In so far that you get to only take fight favourable to you sure.

It's so large and has so many camps that you almost never should be seeking teamfights if you're already ahead structure wise.

brian!

Yeah but with talent advantage you completely control the pirate and the enemy cant get anything from pve. Fighting is unnecesary risk when ahead for sure but at the same time you should be pressuring hard when u have the advantage, cuz they def dont want to fight. That means, if you have good wave control, that you can invade their coins, you can threaten boss, etc. This advantage is lessened if they have a good teamfight comp compared to yours which is why i say it's a teamfight map; the ppl who have the better teamfight can control the map

which means the other team has to do everything they can to force a fight in the small window they are equalized, meanwhile because of the plenty PVE to do you don't lose out by just running away.

brian!

You do lose out though, you are unsafe while soaking if they have building advantage, unsafe doing camps due to invades, like in general your coins will belong to them. At the same time even if you are able to hold coins (most ppl arent proactive in this game), if they have the better fight you cant turn in. If you pve you wont catch up. Etc. etc.

Top Bottom