• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

brian!

Yo i havent played in a couple of weeks, did the glacial spike nerf kill the talent or is it still mandatory? Is kt getting play in competitive?

kirblar

Yo i havent played in a couple of weeks, did the glacial spike nerf kill the talent or is it still mandatory? Is kt getting play in competitive?
He was until the Balance Patch. They might've overdone it, or he might be a pubstomper. Dunno which yet.

edit: IS's Gul'Dan is really, really, really bad. Out of position all the time and botching horrifies.

scoobs

Speaking of quests, the way they're "randomized" is pretty weird. I think I had the Diablo quest about 4-5 times in a row excluding the generic ones and now, after not seeing it for months, I keep getting the Starcraft quest.

It's 10% max health, they need to be pretty low to actually kill them before they can leave. And I'm talking QM here, it's not like I can stay a lot in a fight, with no support, without awkwardly leaving for a globe/well, if no one's following up. Diablo is all about displacements. And also, the enemy is not gonna stay in the dumbest places near a wall all the time.

But it's not about killing faster, if I'm playing Dehaka, for example, I can stay a lot longer in a fight without support, deal significant damage, cc, stasis, super high sustain, good aoe.

Its 15% max health, twice in a row. Removing 30% of someones health, while they're stunned and can't react is preeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty good

kirblar

Why was JHow relegated to open/crucible games? I thought everyone loved his casting?

I can understand Jake tho. Cringe.png
He's not, he's got a Blizzcon gig and gets flown out a bunch. They just only have two main casters per region for consistency (and contracts) sake.

I miss Cooby. Cooby/Gilly was a good pairing.

Why was JHow relegated to open/crucible games? I thought everyone loved his casting?

I can understand Jake tho. Cringe.png
He's actually been travelling a lot for HGC finals in other regions. SEA mostly, he's also been invited to Blizzcon to cast contrary to Jake.

Regular HGC only needs 2 casters.

edit: Damn it Kirblar.

kirblar

Jake's "so very, very _____" phrase may be his greatest and most unfortunate contribution to HOTS casting.

edit: Imported Support's teamfighting is not up to snuff.

from the open division i watched, didnt seem like a lot were running garrosh. I mean, its unfortunate but yeah IS seemed like they had it in, just lost to unfamiliarity i guess

scoobs

Wow that crucible match was intense AF! Down to the 7th game, but GG made the crucial mistake of not drafting two healers.

Alur

Yeah, haha. I think the resets have been worse for him because I still play more

The last two resets have bodied my TL and Unranked. Went from full into Diamond all the way to like 2200 Platinum in both thanks to the resets cause I never play those modes.

EDIT: holy shit EiD has it tied 1-1. That's shameful.

LOL that gust + DS + mosh wombo

Alur

Ah welcome back! I'll try to pop on during the day sometime if I can.

EDIT: EiD mercifully put out of their misery. Maybe HH can win a series or two next year.

Ah welcome back! I'll try to pop on during the day sometime if I can.

EDIT: EiD mercifully put out of their misery. Maybe HH can win a series or two next year.

HHE looked good in scrims against Spacestation Gaming (won 4-1 in streamed scrims against them) and they've already beaten Superstars and LagF iirc in Bloodlust so they are HGC level at the very least.

EID wasn't worthy of their spot to begin with. They got better throughout the year, but was never better than 8th.

HHE will come in atleast with the ability to beat anyone outside of maybe TF and R20

Alur

Mc was genuinely happy to have made it back. He's had quite the road. Khroen really deserved this, as well.

What do we have, two or three more weeks til groups for Blizzcon?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I guess no Junkrat on PTR this week since there is no spotlight yet.

yeah my thoughts exactly, i would say lutano might have a chance but do any of the current teams need to swap anyone? maybe GFE? lol
GFE definitely and Superstars as well, I could see Tempo Storm do some changes as well depending on whether they have to decide pre or post blizzcon. Any team that got sponsored has a much better bargaining chip than before.

I'd expect YoDa to be snatched up.

brian!

Does hhe need to field the same roster or can some of them be picked up? Def feel like swaps will be happening for the next split but not really familiar with any behind the scenes stuff atm.

Jun for aka would be big for gfe
They might need someone with more shotcall cache since it doesnt look like udall or fan have that trust on the team

Pretty sure HHE is locked or they lose their slot. At least EiD was not allowed to any changes.

Only 2 changes make it tough, Jun would be dumb to leave tempo. Tempo has a better skeleton to become top class with minor changes than GFE.

brian!

Yeah hed have to be poached, i feel like gfe have a support emergency + aka's tweets after they lost is some gtfo of the team stuff

Top Bottom