• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy S*it ! Dawn Of The Dead 4 Disc DvD

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Bitch is Mine !

Fangoria has just released the specs for the upcoming Dawn of the Dead (1978) 4-disc set by Anchor Bay coming out later this year. Can you say "best DVD release ever"?

DISC ONE: U.S. THEATRICAL VERSION
(same contents as March’s single-disc release)
• Widescreen presentation (1.85:1) enhanced for 16x9 TVs
• Audio commentary by writer/director George A. Romero, makeup FX creator Tom Savini and assistant director Chris Romero, moderated by Perry Martin
• Theatrical trailers
• TV spots
• Radio spots
• Poster & advertising gallery
• George A. Romero biography
• Comic book preview
• 5.1 DTS Surround sound
• 5.1 Dolby Surround sound
• 2.0 Dolby Surround
• Original mono track

DISC TWO: EXTENDED VERSION
• Audio commentary by producer Richard P. Rubinstein, moderated by Perry Martin
• Monroeville Mall commercial
• Behind-the-scenes photo gallery
• Memorabilia gallery
• Production stills
• Original mono track

DISC THREE: EUROPEAN VERSION
• Audio commentary by actors David Emge, Ken Foree, Scott H. Reiniger and Gaylen Ross
• International theatrical trailers
• UK TV spots
• International lobby card gallery
• International poster & advertising gallery
• International pressbook gallery
• U.S. & international home video & soundtrack artwork
• Dario Argento biography
• 5.1 Dolby Surround sound
• 2.0 Dolby Surround
• Original mono track

DISC FOUR: DOCUMENTARIES
• DOCUMENT OF THE DEAD, The original documentary filmed during the making of DAWN by Filmmaker Roy Frumkes
• THE DEAD WILL WALK, an all-new 75-minute documentary featuring interviews with cast and crew members Claudio Argento, Dario Argento, Pat Buba, Tony Buba, Zilla Clinton, David Crawford, David Early, David Emge, Ken Foree, Michael Gornick, John Harrison, Clayton Hill, Sharon Ceccatti-Hill, Jim Krut, Leonard Lies, Scott H. Reiniger, Chris Romero, George A. Romero, Gaylen Ross, Tom Savini and Claudio Simonetti
• On-set home movies with audio commentary by zombie extra Robert Langer
• Monroeville Mall tour with Romero

This extensive set will be available September 7th, and can be had for $49.95.

-----

Now only if Anchor Bay could give me a Perfect Edition of Army of Darkness.

Willco

Hollywood Square
We've known these specs for ages! It's been delayed forever, though. It was originally supposed to come out about four months ago (and it had a date even before that), but that never happened. I just hope it finally comes out, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it delayed until Halloween.

Rabid Wolverine said:
Now only if Anchor Bay could give me a Perfect Edition of Army of Darkness.

That's easy. That the MGM R2 release. Just get that.

Its been known for ages it would be a 4 disc set but the details were released only a few days ago.

http://www.horrordvds.com/modules.php?name=News&file=showarticle&threadid=19331

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/522/522903p1.html

It was originally supposed to come out about four months ago (and it had a date even before that),

They opted to release the barebones version instead of this version to cash in as usual.

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?userid=00000503497858&searchID=212874&item_id=576783

Typical Anchor Bay.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Rabid Wolverine said:
Its been known for ages it would be a 4 disc set but the details were released only a few days ago.

If you mean by technical details, maybe, but I knew of the three different cuts, the documentary disc and commentary selections awhile ago. Galleries and bullshit are par for the course with sets like this. No surprise.

I'll just be happy to see if Anchor Bay will release a set that was supposed to be out almost a year ago.

FnordChan

Rabid Wolverine said:
DISC FOUR: DOCUMENTARIES
• DOCUMENT OF THE DEAD, The original documentary filmed during the making of DAWN by Filmmaker Roy Frumkes

Fantastic! Document of the Dead is a great flick; I finally watched it when a friend gave me his VHS original, working on the assumption that it would be re-issued with this set. Fortunatly, he was right. Yeah, this set is going to rock.

FnordChan (European Version)

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Brian Fellows said:
Crap I was hoping this was about the remake. I like the original too but I really do prefer the remake.
lynch him

but yea, ive been waiting on this 4disc set forever. the argento cut is freakin amazing and i can't wait to own it on dvd.

shuri

Banned
Different soundtrack, and the euro version has some scenes removed (like the heli zombie head decapitation) and some scenes are longer. A bunch of various scenes were removed also. The director's cut is superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom